[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hello guys! good day!

I'm having a little "problem" with the Kane 11-3 and Kane 11-5 command pods.

When you  return to rendezvous with the orbiter on a mun landing mission (I haven't try it on a different mission yet), the RCS thrusters of the pods are always on.

The thrusters have no real effect (doesn't affect the orbit) , and the ammount of monopropellant doesn't drop. Only the animation of the pods is active, and there's no way to turn them off, not even when you disable the RCS module in the pod's menu. (weird huh?). 

This will happen with a new install of ksp, no other mod than BDB, and it's dependencies. I mean... always.

And one little detail about BDB and CKAN....

I noticed that in CKAN, the Comunity Resource Pack is missing from the dependencies tab.

In the middle of the rocket construction in the VAB, I was trying to change the properties of an engine, and the right click menu got stuck on the screen, the engine is the Sarnus-HE2J-550 “Dnoces” Cryogenic engine. And the only way to get rid of the menu is to save and reload the VAB. but if you try to right click the engine again, you'll be stuck.

I Installed the Comunity Resource Pack manually and everything begins to work fine (Except for the pod's ghostly RCS fumes)

Edited by Tio Oly

5 hours ago, Rock3tman_ said:

I've always been hankering to make a mod allowing any tank to be turned into a wet workshop a la Skylab. Too bad I have no idea how to write any kind of mod, let alone a complex plugin :P

There used to be this mod, but it has never been updated...

3 hours ago, Tio Oly said:

Hello guys! good day!

I'm having a little "problem" with the Kane 11-3 and Kane 11-5 command pods.

When you  return to rendevouz with the orbiter on a mun landing mission (I haven't try it on a different mission yet), the RCS thrusters of the pods are always on.

The thrusters have no real effect (doesn't affect the orbit) , and the ammount of monopropellant doesn't drop. Only the animation of the pods is active, and there's no way to turn them off, not even when you disable the RCS module in the pod's menu. (weird huh?). 

This will happen with a new install of ksp, no other mod than BDB, and it's dependencies. I mean... always.

It's a common bug still unresolved yet but you just have to quick reload the game to the tracking station or space center and then go be to your ship and everything should me normal again :P

12 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

With a bit of creative finagling, raidernick's Skylab works well too. :)

aXAeCwx.png?1

What "creative finagling" was required? I've been wondering if I could use BDB and RN's Skylab together.

On 01/20/2017 at 9:22 PM, Rory Yammomoto said:

Cool! Git pulling now. BTW, Any chance we get the BLOK IV Excursion model? the 250 cm one?

I'd love this, too.

11 hours ago, Rock3tman_ said:

I've always been hankering to make a mod allowing any tank to be turned into a wet workshop a la Skylab. Too bad I have no idea how to write any kind of mod, let alone a complex plugin :P

Wild Blue Tools allows it, and IIRC the BDB skylab will be using it.

13 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Wild Blue Tools allows it, and IIRC the BDB skylab will be using it.

Aye, @Rock3tman_, and you could whip up an MM scrip with nothing more than notepad and a little Ctrl+C Ctrl+V action, just change some names and values in the config. I've done some experimenting with it and it's a good tool. WBT is a VERY useful resource. If you really need to know more about it, I'll ping @Angel-125 and he can talk about it. 

Edited by VenomousRequiem

1 hour ago, DJ Reonic said:

What "creative finagling" was required? I've been wondering if I could use BDB and RN's Skylab together.

Mating RN's Skylab to the BDB Saturn booster is pretty straightforward to fix with the offset tool. Using the BDB Apollo female docking ports is a little trickier. You'll need Tweakscale (unless anyone can find an easier way). Put the RN docking port in place, then the BDB port on top of it. Increase the size of the BDB port to the next major increment (0.9xx). Remove the BDB port and set it off to the side. Remove the RN port and put the over-sized BDB in its place. Use the offset tool to move the BDB port somewhere close to where it ought to be. Resize the port to 0.625 and offset it into the correct position. Repeat for the secondary docking port.

The BDB Saturn has no trouble at all getting the RN Skylab into orbit.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

11 hours ago, Kerbal007 said:

I don't suppose anyone would be so kind as to share craft files for tier 1 in a new game? to work with small craft first? I have had difficulty finding an appropriate craft from kerbalx

You could look at the stuff @tg626 has been making for his career game.

Otherwise, you could look at the manual posted in the OP of the thread.

29 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You could look at the stuff @tg626 has been making for his career game.

Otherwise, you could look at the manual posted in the OP of the thread.

@Kerbal007 I also have some smaller launchers on the KerbalX repo, but I need to make a few more (like Vamgaurd, Scout, and Diamant)

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Aye, @Rock3tman_, and you could whip up an MM scrip with nothing more than notepad and a little Ctrl+C Ctrl+V action, just change some names and values in the config. I've done some experimenting with it and it's a good tool. WBT is a VERY useful resource. If you really need to know more about it, I'll ping @Angel-125 and he can talk about it. 

Thank you very much @VenomousRequiem. The thought is appreciated, but I wouldn't ping angel until I've looked around WBT for myself.

I have a plan to put my craft on kerbalx, even installed the plugin.  I'll post when I've done it, soon(TM)

It has begun! If you visit the launch log on my site, the titles are now like to KerbalX craft files.  NOTE: I am uploading them in batches, so not all will be available right away.

http://ksp.federalproductions.com/launch-log/

Tagging @Kerbal007 and @CobaltWolf

Edited by tg626

16 minutes ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

I

I have the Manual it is just very hard to find the parts with bdb (it took me an hour to make a viklun!):/

Try typing in the real world counterpart for the general parts. (AKA Vanguard for Viklun) You'll also realize that some things just work well together.

Edited by Jall

I am having an issue with the Inon (Transtage) needing "LqdHydrogen". When you look at the engine settings it says you need NaN/sec of LqdHydrogen. The Inon 1300 tank also only has oxidizer.

I am "mostly" stock + BDB. Is there another mod I need to add this? 

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, JPurp said:

I am having an issue with the Inon (Transtage) needing "LqdHydrogen". When you look at the engine settings it says you need NaN/sec of LqdHydrogen. The Inon 1300 tank also only has oxidizer.

I am "mostly" stock + BDB. Is there another mod I need to add this? 

Thanks.

Inon is Centaur, not Transtage. And make sure you have Community Resource Pack. :)

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Inon is Centaur, not Transtage. And make sure you have Community Resource Pack. :)

Community Resource Pack fixed it. Thanks.

I didn't see that as a requirement in the OP. Is it included in BDB? If so I installed from CKAN and it didn't include it.

Thanks again. 

Just now, JPurp said:

Community Resource Pack fixed it. Thanks.

I didn't see that as a requirement in the OP. Is it included in BDB? If so I installed from CKAN and it didn't include it.

Thanks again. 

uhhh. I don't know, our dependencies are bundled but CKAN might be ignoring them. I don't have anything to do with the CKAN configs.

12 hours ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Can you get a craft files pack? (a pack with gemini mercury-redstone .ect)

There is a link to a KerbalX folder in the OP that has a lot of, but not every, reproduction you can make with this mod.