[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, davidy12 said:

Copy the Block III MM Cfg file. Then do this:

name = bluedog_Apollo_Block4_MissionModule

model = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block3_MissionModule
    scale = 1, 0.8, 1
rescaleFactor = 1.3333
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.7895192, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
    node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7895192, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

Thanks. I assume @Drakenex's other rescales are also done this way?

7 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

scale = 1, 0.8, 1

This config syntax is invalid, since you need a MODEL node to host them. The correct one would be:

MODEL
{
    scale = 1.0, 0.8, 1.0
}

Just now, Phineas Freak said:

This config syntax is invalid, since you need a MODEL node to host them. The correct one would be:

MODEL
{
    scale = 1.0, 0.8, 1.0
}

@Phineas Freak: EDIT: Wait that's what I did.

Edited by davidy12

Since everybody and their mother is submitting their Space Stations, let me submit mine:

ZGra9Sw.png

If you could not tell, this is my space station, George. It has... things. Actual solar panels, a crew capacity of 4, and some lab experiments coming soon.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Decided to build this, if I just launch it straight up it can reach 11 km/s at an altitude of 3000 km. Yes I know it's useless, but I wanted to create a unnecessarily complicated rocket. The staging is ... complex. And it only uses Titan (Prometheus) parts. Well, except for the fuel lines, struts and radial decouplers.

InwOtG7.jpg

Edited by Hay

35 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

You guys understand that the Block IV Mission Module and Saturn Multibody are already on the road map right? In fact some of the parts have already been modeled. Re-scale cfgs are fine but let's remember to make some Hype the real deal shall we?

The Saturn Multibody S1F is definitely not modeled according to the roadmap, and Cobalt is plenty busy as it is. I am sorry if I'm clogging the thread but it seems relevant and I would rather rescale my own versions that wait for them.

48 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

You guys understand that the Block IV Mission Module and Saturn Multibody are already on the road map right? In fact some of the parts have already been modeled. Re-scale cfgs are fine but let's remember to make some Hype the real deal shall we?

11 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

The Saturn Multibody S1F is definitely not modeled according to the roadmap, and Cobalt is plenty busy as it is. I am sorry if I'm clogging the thread but it seems relevant and I would rather rescale my own versions that wait for them.

yup, playing with re-scaled parts is not going to delay them, well, I guess :sticktongue:

And nobody is hyping anything, 80% of the time is PM and private sharing. And besides, if @VenomousRequiemis not waving her stick, means it's fine :P

5 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

4 hours ago, Rock3tman_ said:

4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

yup, playing with re-scaled parts is not going to delay them, well, I guess :sticktongue:

And nobody is hyping anything, 80% of the time is PM and private sharing. And besides, if @VenomousRequiemis not waving her stick, means it's fine :P

I honestly don't care even if they're on the thread. The real versions will come eventually and until then, if it keeps people off my back...

1 minute ago, Kuu Lightwing said:

Derp... Well, I guess that's a thing. At least I know where to look if I want to build those :)

How plausible is all that stuff?

Not a rocket scientist here but a human rated launcher with only one engine (atlas V will be I know).... it also relies on very low tech verniers for roll control; that's the negative part, everything else is very detailed and theologically feasible

2 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

Very plausible. NASA's goal for a shuttle, station, and tug system had to be curtailed because of budgets. In reality, you either went shuttle or station. The idea for block 3/4/5 Apollo CSM were all studied by NASA early on.

Speaking of that kind of stuff... tugs in particular. We need a better NERVA! Stock NTR is not that bad, but I think we need a bigger one. And I honestly would prefer a different look. I heard CobaltWolf is working on something, right?

3 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Not a rocket scientist here but a human rated launcher with only one engine (atlas V will be I know).... it also relies on very low tech verniers for roll control; that's the negative part, everything else is very detailed and theologically feasible

You mean S-IC?

Not sure if anyone knew this, but Lockheed Martin did a Advanced Transportation Systems Study (ATSS) in 95' Utilizing the F-1A and J-2S engines; Rating it as a 50k Vehicle with a payload capacity of 24.9t to a 28x407 km  orbit with a TWR of 1.48  (F-1A @ 96% throttle). J-2S has TWR of .93

Interesting they have so many configurations between F-1As, SSMEs and M-1s but also use Russian RD engines as well from their Vulcain rocket.

One option included for a Series Burn Lunar Mission config was: 1st stage w/ x7 F-1As, 2nd stage w/ x5 SSMEs, and the TLI stage w/ x1 SSME.

... They even included liquid booster studies with some ET derived tanks mated to 2-4**F-1As :confused:

Edited by Abrecan

3 hours ago, Drakenex said:

So....like the Atlas D (after booster sep)?