[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

52 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Done.

You should win an Oscar for sound design. Like Boyhood did. It took twelve years to make.

51 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

please tell me you're serious about colorizing all your parts.

Serious question, would you actually want them in true colourful, or just white? There are options going forward.
Feel free to bring it on over to the Tantares thread :) .

49 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Done.

Just now, Beale said:

You should win an Oscar for sound design. Like Boyhood did. It took twelve years to make.

Watching that compared to my original makes me think of this 

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Serious question, would you actually want them in true colourful, or just white? There are options going forward.
Feel free to bring it on over to the Tantares thread :) .

Nothing too extravagant, just less...

grey

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

... crap... I forgot to finish that before I started freaking out over the rest of the art assets...

lol @Foxxonius Augustus just for that imma work on probe stuff tonight :P

What was Once Hyped Shall be Hyped Again! Later...

In other news, I have recently built a new early tech rocket family and I just can't wait to show it off!

I call it the Æsir Rocket family! Æsir I uses a heavily modified Long Tank Fenris core (Re-designated Khor) with two Fenris ICBM boosters (Re-designated Kódi/Kagni) lifting a Khrúd (no jokes plz :P) 2nd stage and a Kjölnir 3rd stage. Though a bit expensive all versions boast improved performance over their historical counterparts, some times considerably improved. Only BDB required, you don't even need stock. T3 Techs required in career (General Rocketry etc.). Download Link.

(Note: All versions come equipped with small satellite I used as a bench mark called 'Meridiem'. It is actually quite a useful satellite all by itself, good for 50-500 Science all by its self depending on where you send it.)

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus
Download Link

@Foxxonius Augustus nice crafts! I'd like to see a picture of the satellite design too!

Apologies for the lack of stream last night, I was dead tired. I'll try and make it up to y'all soon.

EDIT: Can anyone identify what experiments are represented here? I think they'd be cool as possible additions to Skylab's parts.

apolloprop.jpg

Edited by CobaltWolf

The central tube coming out of the center of the complex is clearly some sort of mirror and shade assembly for a telescope. The big dish on the right seems to be some sort of radar array, and it could be working with the large linear array of antennae on the left... Not sure what most of the others are.

EDIT: Appears to be of the Apollo Manned Survey Mission, but I'm not finding much info on it, even from Encyclopedia Astronautica. :huh:

Edited by MaverickSawyer

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Foxxonius Augustus nice crafts! I'd like to see a picture of the satellite design too!

Apologies for the lack of stream last night, I was dead tired. I'll try and make it up to y'all soon.

EDIT: Can anyone identify what experiments are represented here? I think they'd be cool as possible additions to Skylab's parts.

apolloprop.jpg

What, those sticks and stuff???

Edited by Shadow Wolf56

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

apolloprop.jpg

Ok the large squareish Armature assembly to the right is a  SLAR with a large reflector for Earth/Luna survey work (AKA Scansat's first sensor), The upside down spiral Christmas tree is a high gain fold-able antenna (it compresses like a spring to be flat at launch.)   The Periscope is just that a Periscope to an internal lab experiment allowing only light reflected from the surface of the survey to be used. (also a neat way to look with high Mag at the planet/mun below :))   The small boxes to the left of the lab/hab module are experiments like Pressure, temperature, Accelerometer etc already in game.   The long bar with the little crosses on it looks like a Soil moisture sensor like included in DMagic's orbital science,   the Twin foldable dishes (one on each side of the Lab/hab module) appear to be High gain Radio-freq sensors.   AKA Electronic Support Measures, AKA a recon tool to detect radio-waves and classify..... well you get the picture.    With the exception of the Moisture sensor almost all of those experiments/sensors have a tri-use Civilian / Military / Intelligence role.

I should add that the device I am identifying as a SLAR sensor could be just a standard RADAR sensor or even a High Gain Radio wave listening or even transmitting device...  But that last does not make sense because the Signal to Noise ratio would be WAYYY out of wack!   BUT if this picture was pre 1966....   that could be it's use!

All the fordable (large square and medium octagonal) antennas would actually have a Mylar reflector strung between all the spars.   They are showing the spars without the Mylar to make it clearer to see.

Curiosity question RE this.  Couldn't this be achieved with the Aardvark hull and a full Apollo Blk-II/III/V launch?    Since KIS/KAS all you would need is the spars and fordable antennas for experiments not already represented by stock, FASA/BDB, and @DMagic's mods yes?

46 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

No, clearly he's talking about the greebles.:D

Pah!  greebles he says!  You mean the thing-a-ma-giggers?   Lets not forget the do-hickies and the whatchamacallit!....  MMMM yum, whatchamacallits!   Ok got to go buy some candy bars now :)

Edited by Pappystein
Mylar film for everyone!

3 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

No, clearly he's talking about the greebles.:D

Don't be a greeble-ist! Nurnies and thingamabobs are just as important. :D

I made a thing! Updated LEM textures are now on Github. And @Pappystein, thanks for the info! Enjoy some treats below. :)

Ok, this morning I also noodled around with the LEM Lab segment and experiments. Also, I really quickly roughed in the SEM module for skylab. Sticking it between the MDA and Spacelab's Airlock Module makes it look like the Quest airlock...

apolloprop.jpg

O7xFzWp.png

unknown.png

Ztdu7Ez.png

unknown.png

YRM6jqp.png

qMLMOG4.jpg

FStimpT.png