[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Stream done! Got some neat stuff in game today...

The "double barrel" adapters for Delta...

jhS5RSR.png
V22g5qq.png

The P-11 "Hitchhiker" subsat for the Agena finally made it in game...

2gMJeu2.png
lbfYgl7.png

Last, and almost certainly least, the MPF fairing boattail. This was used on some of the Atlas I/II launches. Idk, I just think it's a nice looking fairing. Zorg still needs to make a SAF shell for it.

NgK8mTx.png

28 minutes ago, blowfish said:

This did not exist in reality did it?

It actually did:

d4-54big.jpg

It appears that some of early M+ flew with the skirt, but it was later removed. Maybe GEM-60s weren't "hot" enough to make it necessary. Or maybe it was developed for a full SRB set (there were plans for up to 8 SRBs), but 4 SRBs weren't "hot" enough.

Anyway, would be nice to have it as a mesh option.

Edited by biohazard15

8 hours ago, alberro+ said:

I’ve used a 3.125 fairing as the interstage of my Delta IV for a while now, and I have to ask, is there a better alternative to this?

Use LDC adapters and interstages - they provide all Delta IV options except Small. Or just wait for Zorg's one.

Oooh, almost forgot - who would pester @AlphaMensae about Delta IV launch pad and tower? :D

Edited by biohazard15

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

Use LDC adapters and interstages - they provide all Delta IV options except Small. Or just wait for Zorg's one.

Oooh, almost forgot - who would pester @AlphaMensae about Delta IV launch pad and tower? :D

The remade Large General Service Tower and the side-style umbilical option for the General Swing Arms are my Delta IV tower parts. I do want to add a Delta IV launch clamp or stand, but I don't know when that will happen.

The actual Delta IV Fixed Service Tower is more half-building/half-tower, and too specialized to make modular (unlike the Saturn and Delta towers and such, which are indentical truss sections stacked on top of each other).  Maybe sometime in the future I'll rethink it. :) 

17 hours ago, derega16 said:

Anyways, someone talk about shuttle, there is any mod that have a proper Shuttle C and Shuttle Z yet?

About the only mod that Has a complete Shuttle 2 or Shuttle C is

It's details are a little light if you are used to BDB standards level but it is extremely good none the less.  

Other than that the best detailed Shuttle is the a for mentioned Shuttle Construction kit by Benjee.  

Oh and Alecentar has released a new Shuttle that is based on some of the un-built Buran derivitavies (one which is actually closer to the US Space shuttle)  

I have just installed Kerbolrise yesterday but have not unlocked any of the parts yet (too new in my current career)

16 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

@Zorg will you be adding the booster skirt that appears on the Delta IV M+ variants?

d4family1.jpg

The good news, if Zorg is planning on this, is the standard Boat-tail has the huge visible seam just above the engine and that is where the Extended SRM boat tail starts so only the bottom 10th of the basic Boat tail would change....  Again IF Zorg wants to go that far... it is his part to make after all and as Dragon01 said, the Geometry is "it's time to rock the rhyme that's right on time it's Tricky... Tricky Tricky Tricky"    

Err....  I really shouldn't have played SSX2 on my PS3 last night till WAY past my normal bedtime!

56 minutes ago, Bellabong said:

First Saturn V for me (Skylab)

Reveal hidden contents

qT61Ftj.png

lfipqnA.png

aMghGYs.png

bEmTgVB.png

Hbm9MUi.png

I2Aq8DY.png

rWbID8S.png

the subsequent Saturn I launch:

Reveal hidden contents

Bg2SU32.png

tLqCgZJ.png

qsRaz2o.png

q749ehQ.png

davGDWu.png

Ok ill admit, Ive spent so much time messing around with the new parts that i forgot about everything Apollo in BDB

7 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

hey Mr Zorg, are you primarily using 1.10.x now? I've been sticking with 1.8.1 until seeing more of the BDB devs move to 1.10. If so, do you mind sharing some of the super basics ... like, are you on JNSQ with RTB's dev version of Kopernicus? Eve/scatterer/TUFX? 

I havent actually been playing KSP much recently, I mostly modding when in a KSP mood and playing other games the rest of the time :P. I have a bare bones 1.10.1 install just for testing. I believe my TUFX configs should still be valid in KSP 1.10+ if TUFX hasnt had any major changes. 

21 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

@Zorg will you be adding the booster skirt that appears on the Delta IV M+ variants?

d4family1.jpg

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

The good news, if Zorg is planning on this, is the standard Boat-tail has the huge visible seam just above the engine and that is where the Extended SRM boat tail starts so only the bottom 10th of the basic Boat tail would change....  Again IF Zorg wants to go that far... it is his part to make after all and as Dragon01 said, the Geometry is "it's time to rock the rhyme that's right on time it's Tricky... Tricky Tricky Tricky"    

The skirt extension seems a reasonable ask, I will look into it when doing the boattail, I think it should be quite straightforward. With respect to the base boattail I likely wont be doing the final bit of flexible insulation at the very bottom (ie the part below said seam). It will most likely be open at the bottom like the CryoEngines one.

Edited by Zorg