[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Perhaps you could borrow one of nerteas phat 5m ones

although that might be complicated with licenses and stuff

Skylab is going to be 4.25m no one else has similar sized IVAs and if it does get one one fine day it ought to be bespoke.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Skylab is going to be 4.25m no one else has similar sized IVAs and if it does get one one fine day it ought to be bespoke.

I was thinking about maybe trying to make some IVAs in Blender (even though I haven't used Blender in ages, but I reckon I could get back into it) but I have no idea how to implement one or put props in.

Edited by TaintedLion

11 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I was thinking about maybe trying to make some IVAs in Blender (even though I haven't used Blender in ages, but I reckon I could get back into it) but I have no idea how to implement one or put props in.

still waiting on these, fam. /s

GzyqIax.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

29 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah I knew you were gonna bring that up :P

That was just after I started university and I got caught up in my work and I kinda forgot about it.

I've got more free time though, I'd be happy to do some IVA work, but I could only really do modelling. Things like props and implementing IVAs I don't know.

52 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

I feel called out for some reason.

from under a rock!

46 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

No it's calling me out lmao.

I said I'd do IVAs years ago and I got caught up in real life stuff and forgot about it.

(we cool lmao)

9 hours ago, MuriloMoreira said:

Do you have plans to add missions like Gemini landing on the moon?

Not a dev so take what I am saying with a grain of salt.

1) there is already the Langley lander for using with Gemini to land on the moon as well as bigger SM and such.  

2) The Dev's focus right now is getting the existing Saturn Assets rebuilt to the new higher quality standard.  THEN they will look at what the future should bring.   Alt History wise.

15 hours ago, alberro+ said:

This feels like an extremely calm threat

14 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

This is the most heated argument Iv seen on this wiki in my year here, this community is so chill.

I legitimately have no ill will or opinion of @TaintedLion, just thought it was a funny nudge :)

11 hours ago, MuriloMoreira said:

Do you have plans to add missions like Gemini landing on the moon?

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

That's already in the mod.

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Not a dev so take what I am saying with a grain of salt.

1) there is already the Langley lander for using with Gemini to land on the moon as well as bigger SM and such.  

2) The Dev's focus right now is getting the existing Saturn Assets rebuilt to the new higher quality standard.  THEN they will look at what the future should bring.   Alt History wise.

I'm not, like, a huge fan of Gemini Direct for ergonomic reasons (really hard to pilot a landing on your back, using a mirror to see below you) but it's probably coming eventually. The biggest driver is that both the Gemini Direct and the conical Big G service module are scaled to the S-IVB diameter. Since that's changing in the Saturn update, I've held off on doing them.

Also, 'fun fact' (and the reason I'd still want to do Gemini Direct) - one of the alternate configurations for the Lunar Recon Gemini used the Ascent stage as a service module.

Vb8tM03.png

G9ggnLF.png

Also - no stream today, in the middle of deep cleaning my apartment. I want to try and work a bit this afternoon but I'll probably just, like, put on Youtube and chill while I do that.

So A Skylab "Simple" Request.    Can the Solar wings be made retractable?

AZapurT.jpg

I won't post the other images... the Radiator clears the solar wing by INCHES in KSP....at this juncture the ISS has more power available with that one solar array than both of the arrays from Skylab and the Russian sgement combined.

9 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So A Skylab "Simple" Request.    Can the Solar wings be made retractable?

I won't post the other images... the Radiator clears the solar wing by INCHES in KSP....at this juncture the ISS has more power available with that one solar array than both of the arrays from Skylab and the Russian sgement combined.

I don't think the mechanism was designed to be retractable at all?

8 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Atlas V revamp?

Yeah let me just put down all the other stuff I'm doing and jump on that... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't think the mechanism was designed to be retractable at all?

True,  But Skylab wasn't also supposed to be part of other space stations either :D

I guess I am suggesting an Alternative B9 Switch for the revamp.   "Historical"   "ETS"  "Retracting Historical" "Retracting ETS"

Suggestion is to increase lego-ability

3 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

True,  But Skylab wasn't also supposed to be part of other space stations either :D

I guess I am suggesting an Alternative B9 Switch for the revamp.   "Historical"   "ETS"  "Retracting Historical" "Retracting ETS"

Suggestion is to increase lego-ability

I think thats the sort of thing you can do in a personal config. It doesn't require changes from the model side. But I don't like the idea of a retracting solar wing for Skylab as part of our default offerings.

2 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I think thats the sort of thing you can do in a personal config. It doesn't require changes from the model side. But I don't like the idea of a retracting solar wing for Skylab as part of our default offerings.

Cool, was un-aware that was a cfg thing, thought it was a model thing.

1 minute ago, Pappystein said:

Cool, was un-aware that was a cfg thing, thought it was a model thing.

Its just 1 line in the config since it just allows the animation to be played backwards if marked retractable. It would be simple for us but it just doesnt "feel" right in this case if you know what I mean.

Just now, Zorg said:

Its just 1 line in the config since it just allows the animation to be played backwards if marked retractable. It would be simple for us but it just doesnt "feel" right in this case if you know what I mean.

well I now know what I am doing after the USS Enterprise arrives at the ISS.    (and gives a new PMA + Node + returns with 2 Transtages!)