[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I might weep. Imagine using FreeIVA in that :o

Are we gonna be getting revamped Apollo IVAs too? The current ones are kinda... eh. 

Just because I'm making a skylab IVA doesnt necessarily mean there will be Apollo IVAs.

Spoiler

Or does it?

screen_2560x1440_2021-06-03_04-41-06.png?width=922&height=753

Alright, another round of pioneer fixes have been made. All pioneer parts are now (or at least they should be) properly named w/ descriptions and w/ the right tech tree stuff. All that's left to do for pioneer is finish setting up all the experiments, do cost balancing, and multispectral imaging sci def. Also got around to fixing the Clementine engine and naming format, might add a toggleable probe name plaque to Clementine tomorrow. At this point Pioneer should be totally playable and stable, minus the science being set up. 

Additionally, craft files for Pioneer 10/11, Pioneer SUAE (pioneer Uranus atmospheric probe), and Pioneer outer planets orbiter have been uploaded. These might be helpful as with all the experiments, pioneer is a lot of parts and can be hard to put together.

Edited by Invaderchaos

17 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Slightly confused; so apollo-saturn-revamp has the new Apollo/Saturn parts, but the master has the new Pioneer parts? So if I want both I should be getting the master and getting Parts/Saturn and Parts/Apollo? Or I could be reading file names wrong

We should be keeping the Apollo-Saturn branch updated with the Master, ie changes to the master are regularly merged up into the Apollo-Saturn branch.

14 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I might weep. Imagine using FreeIVA in that :o

Are we gonna be getting revamped Apollo IVAs too? The current ones are kinda... eh.

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

Just because I'm making a skylab IVA doesnt necessarily mean there will be Apollo IVAs.

My 2c is that, it's one thing to make a Skylab IVA, which is really just for fun aesthetics. Any sort of capsule IVA has an expectation that it can be flow from inside. The level of effort needed to make that happen is wayyyy higher. Not to mention the geometry for the inside of a CM or LM would be disgusting.

Also, I posted a thread on twitter about this (read here), but the long and short is, I had to wipe my computer yesterday after being compromised. BDB is fine, I have that backed up a bunch of different ways, but that means I don't have my expired student licenses that were still working for some reason. That means I need to start actually paying for Maya LT, which is a $35/mo subscription. I know, I know, Blender is great (and you should learn it) but Maya is what I know and use every day professionally. So I'd rather not have to keep two completely different 3D packages in my head.
So, if anyone has ever wanted to back me on Patreon... uh, now would be a good time. My 'target' is ~$70 a month, since the $40 I'm currently getting all goes towards supporting other creators on Patreon. Anything more than that would also be helpful, since it would subsidize getting replacements for my broken mouse/keyboard/chair which I've just sorta been dealing with for a while now.

Also, I kinda just realized, but this WILL delay the Saturn 1/1B by a couple days.

Edited by CobaltWolf

I created a new BD_Extra that adds propellant densification options to the Delta IV tanks, based off of the upgrades proposed for Delta IV Heavy. It takes the form of another B9PartSwitch module on all cryogenic tanks used on Delta IV.

1-s2.0-S0094576505001050-gr4.jpg

My extra assumes a 9% increased in propellant mass, based off the Triple Point Liquid Density in Recent Advances and Applications in Cryogenic Propellant Densification Technology. I may add options using slush propellants.

unknown.png

You really need the RS-68 with regenerative nozzle and 4 GEM-60s to get this off the pad as well as two RL-10s on the DCSS.

Edited by EStreetRockets

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

My 2c is that, it's one thing to make a Skylab IVA, which is really just for fun aesthetics. Any sort of capsule IVA has an expectation that it can be flow from inside. The level of effort needed to make that happen is wayyyy higher. Not to mention the geometry for the inside of a CM or LM would be disgusting.

3 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Oooh, imagine inputting in maneuvers with that.

Yeah so not making any promises on Apollo IVAs until potential issues are investigated and its deemed feasible in terms of time and effort. I will try to shove that DSKY prop into the existing IVAs if possible though in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Yeah so not making any promises on Apollo IVAs until potential issues are investigated and its deemed feasible in terms of time and effort. I will try to shove that DSKY prop into the existing IVAs if possible though in the meantime.

I'd just change the color of the KP110 IVA and add the DSKY in. 

17 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

screenshot1404.png
screenshot1406.png

some quick things for Clementine: added a toggleable probe plaque, raised normals on radiator, cleaned up ISAS colliders and texture, and also redid the emit for the light on the ISAS battery.

Would it make more sense to have the scansat mode for Clementine's camera HiRes visual instead of LoRes as it is currently?

13 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Would it make more sense to have the scansat mode for Clementine's camera HiRes visual instead of LoRes as it is currently?

I think HiRes is generally reserved for ground-facing telescopes, which are more substantial than anything in the Clementine?

35 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

HiRes might be for SAR stuff. I can't remember for sure. Clementine just has a LIDAR laser altimeter. It would be kinda weird for Clementine to be as powerful as Seasat or something. Additionally, Clementine's sensor is already a little overpowered (already has like 4 higher science value experiments in one single part), so I think it's fine if the altimeter is nerfed a little.

Edited by Invaderchaos

2 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

HiRes might be for SAR stuff. I can't remember for sure. Clementine just has a LIDAR laser altimeter. It would be kinda weird for Clementine to be as powerful as Seasat or something. Additionally, Clementine's sensor is already a little overpowered (already has like 4 higher science value experiments in one single part), so I think it's fine if the altimeter is nerfed a little.

Yeah, laser/radar altimeters get low res altimetry and SAR for high res altimetry.

And then we have low and high res visual scan for small and large optics respectively.