[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Also I asked earlier but it got buried, I want to switch out the IVAs for Mercury and Apollo with the ones from FASA, how would I go about doing that?

Assuming that you have either of the internals folders in your gamedata folder, go to the internal.config file and copy the line that goes like name = FASAMercuryInt, then to to the config for the pod, scroll down to the INTERNAL line and replace the name with the capsule (e.g. replace name = Hermes_Crew_A_Interior with name = FASAMercuryInt). This example would replace the BDB mercury interior with the FASA one (though the IVA for the FASA Mercury is slightly missaligned with the BDB model). You'll also want to keep the props folder from FASA so that the custom props for the interiors appear.

Edited by Jcking

16 hours ago, Hay said:

Have you tried retracting the ring?

15 hours ago, Zorg said:

Added a variant to the Skylab/S4B fairing without the wallbase for a shorter minimum length (still adjustable via wall segments). This option is only available on the fairing base itself not the airlock modules.

unknown.png?width=970&height=782

the ring is to be kept extended for intial "soft docking" to make contact and align. Once soft docked and the petals are interlocked, retract the ring on the active version to hard dock. If this doesnt work its probably due to the rescale.

Although I do have a question:

What if I skip the soft docking and don't extend the ring at all? Would that work?

40 minutes ago, Kurley_Kerbal said:

I love this mod, but I don't want the Bluedog contracts. How do I get rid of them without removing Bluedog?

You can just delete the GameData/Bluedog_DB/Contracts folder. Or i that sounds scary you can simply go into difficulty settings -> contract configurator and uncheck BDB.

21 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Saturn INT-17 parts - 7x S-II mount, more lengths for the interstage (to use as a skirt), and a fin/launch mount.

J8AgBzj.png

I thought the whole point of jettisoning the interstage was heat buildup? Why would they have bolted one on when used as a first stage?

16 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

I thought the whole point of jettisoning the interstage was heat buildup? Why would they have bolted one on when used as a first stage?

Aerodynamic reasons while during the early stages of ascent and max-Q I believe.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, Cruss said:

I can't for the life of me find the sarnus-he2j-550 engine variant, i've even tried finding it in the parts folder so i knew what I needed to research. No luck, one of the engine mounts refers to them and it might be the reason why my second stage is so weak atm.

I know this is an old post, but I can't find the Sarnus-HE2J-550 engine either. Does anyone got the same issue or is there anyone that can help me with this?

The Saturn S-1 engine mount part switch appears to be broken in such a way that when Saturn IB is selected I get the Saturn I Block 2 engine mount. It's been like that ever since the Juno V engine mount part switches were added to that part.

Edited by Dash1310
I was unclear in my description of the problem.

22 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

INT-17, I believe? 

nfEC43A.png

Correct,  What engines in the S-II stage (I am guessing RL20?) 

Also what kind of payload/did you offload any fuel for more payload?

Sorry haven't built this one with the new parts yet

21 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Correct,  What engines in the S-II stage (I am guessing RL20?) 

Also what kind of payload/did you offload any fuel for more payload?

Sorry haven't built this one with the new parts yet

having flown INT-17, IMO the flight performance (with 7 RL-20-SL and 1 RL-20 on S-IVB) is average, like it's still bad but it's flyable

but damn, it looks freaking cool aka it looks normal when compared to INT-18/19

21 hours ago, Jcking said:

Assuming that you have either of the internals folders in your gamedata folder, go to the internal.config file and copy the line that goes like name = FASAMercuryInt, then to to the config for the pod, scroll down to the INTERNAL line and replace the name with the capsule (e.g. replace name = Hermes_Crew_A_Interior with name = FASAMercuryInt). This example would replace the BDB mercury interior with the FASA one (though the IVA for the FASA Mercury is slightly missaligned with the BDB model). You'll also want to keep the props folder from FASA so that the custom props for the interiors appear.

I tried this, didn't work.