[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CDSlice said:

What kind of monster payload are you launching that needs that thing? Looks gorgeous though

IRL payloads requiring rockets that capable tended to be single (or very few) launched manned interplanetary ships. In kerbal it seems that things like hab modules are so light that you are more often than not volume limited as opposed to weight limited.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Jcking

31 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Tired of hearing about Saturn C-8. What I want to know is when are we going to get autorotation Apollo?

nuYPo0w.png

This is a joke, to clarify.

Besides, direct ascent can be done on C-5

https://web.archive.org/web/20100519141605/http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19740074842_1974074842.pdf

Edited by Jcking

33 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Tired of hearing about Saturn C-8. What I want to know is when are we going to get autorotation Apollo?

nuYPo0w.png

This is a joke, to clarify.

Autorotation Apollo? Think   b i g g e r  .
We need recoverable autorotation Saturn V with Nerva upper stage

Also a joke, cmon

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Apollo 9: Out On a Limb

-snip-

So I can't believe I never noticed this before, but apparently LM-3 Spider did not actually have the RCS plume deflectors installed. As a matter of fact none of the LMs before LM-5 Eagle featured them. I have no idea why, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can explain more.

Anyway, here's the rest of the gallery:

Man, Apollo 9 was quite possibly the most beautiful apollo mission in terms of photos...

1 hour ago, billbobjebkirk said:

The problem is that none of the space stuff in Season 2 makes any sense whatsoever. They should have just gone with IPP.

what are you talking about?! a NERVA engine is totally able to provide enough thrust in the atmosphere and take the space shuttle to m-mars? 

emrsn26.jpg

HOW?!

Edited by funnelton
WHAT

2 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

The problem is that none of the space stuff in Season 2 makes any sense whatsoever. They should have just gone with IPP.

I believe in Season 2 they were just trying too hard not to be another Apollo program alternate history and budgetary restrictions made them to use the Shuttle for as much stock footage as possible. I loved season 1 though