[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, Frostiken said:

Man... is there like, a "diet" version of this mod? There's some really good unique stuff in here, like the deployable litter you can leave all over the surface, but there's also just so damn much crap it really clogs the parts list. I nearly had kittens when I, without even most of the tech tree unlocked, opened the VAB and saw like 891 capsules/command pieces listed, and most of them are these weirdo satellites and stuff. Or the excrementsloads of engines, like, I have enough engines without needing to sort through them.

Is there a cut down version of this mod that kind of narrows it down to the more unique/niche parts only?

That's literally mentioned in the FAQ in the OP.

9 hours ago, Frostiken said:

Man... is there like, a "diet" version of this mod? There's some really good unique stuff in here, like the deployable litter you can leave all over the surface, but there's also just so damn much crap it really clogs the parts list. I nearly had kittens when I, without even most of the tech tree unlocked, opened the VAB and saw like 891 capsules/command pieces listed, and most of them are these weirdo satellites and stuff. Or the excrementsloads of engines, like, I have enough engines without needing to sort through them.

Is there a cut down version of this mod that kind of narrows it down to the more unique/niche parts only?

The mod Janitor's Closet goes a long way towards paring down and managing your VAB parts list, without having to delete any items or folders. I consider it an essential mod.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:41 AM, DaveyJ576 said:

Okay, I have been trying out the new ALSEP experiments, and I am encountering an unusual problem. When I go to deploy the experiment, I click the white arrow in the inventory and the experiment appears in front of the Kerbal highlighted in green, ready to drop and activate. So far, so good. When I tap the space bar to actually drop and deploy the experiment, nothing happens. The experiment stays green and floats just above the surface. I can move it back and forth, rotate it, and even tap the Esc key to put it back, but it won't fully deploy. I can fully deploy and use the BG experiments, but not the new ALSEP ones. I have seen others here that can deploy them so the problem must be on my end. I suspect it is something very simple that I am missing. Thanks for your help.

@CobaltWolf, @Invaderchaos, Can anyone give me a hand with this? I am not very good at interpreting the log file. It has got to be something specific to my setup as many others have been able to deploy the experiments. Thanks!

Spoiler

TxyX4OE.png

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@CobaltWolf, @Invaderchaos, Can anyone give me a hand with this? I am not very good at interpreting the log file. It has got to be something specific to my setup as many others have been able to deploy the experiments. Thanks!

I have such little experience with the stock ground deployment stuff, I honestly have no idea. I was about to say try removing KAS, but I stopped before posting and downloaded KAS to see what was in it. No files that modify or patch the stock ground parts, at least that I can find. So I'm at a loss. But yeah my best advice would be to back up your save/install, and see if you can narrow down what the issue is.

The masculine urge to kill your game's picture quality for added immersion.

5JUO5wR.png

NtTM1kE.png

Rh9odpS.png

Actual footage for comparison:

Apollo 11 moon landing: the TV show of the (half) century - Los Angeles  Times

I think I need to make it a little less grainy and a little more blurry.

I would like to upload these TUFX configs once I get them polished out, but I'm having trouble getting them to export properly. I unfortunately lost my entire color TV config I previewed the other day because it didn't show up in the KSP.log where the TUFX thread says it's supposed to. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

10 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I unfortunately lost my entire color TV config I previewed the other day because it didn't show up in the KSP.log where the TUFX thread says it's supposed to. Any help would be appreciated.

I know that in my current install of TUFX, the "Export Current" button is broken, and I have to press the "Export All" button to send all of the listed configs to the log, then sort through them to find the one I am working on. Could it be something to do with that?

2 hours ago, lemon cup said:

I know that in my current install of TUFX, the "Export Current" button is broken, and I have to press the "Export All" button to send all of the listed configs to the log, then sort through them to find the one I am working on. Could it be something to do with that?

Maybe, although it seems like neither of them are sending the profile to the log. Looking through the file I see a NullReferenceException where the exported profile should be.

12 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

The ALSEP parts are kinda broken. Whenever you pick them back up they gain like another 20tons for some reason.

Err, those be the moon rocks that are still attached.  quit picking up the moon?  :P  

Joking aside, Ground and KSP parts has had a fun relationship.   I am willing to bet the whole "Dock with the planet" to build your base is the cause of this.  

3 hours ago, dababykerman said:

did ya'll know bdb has SRB waterfall support now?

BDB does not have waterfall support for SRBs. Waterfall is not designed with the billowing clouds that SRBs produce in atmosphere in mind and while people have done configs for solid upper stages that are designed to be used in vacuum (where SRB plumes look more like the plumes that waterfall was designed around), BDB does not.

Edited by Jcking

Just now, Jcking said:

BDB does not have waterfall support for SRBs. Waterfall is not designed with the billowing clouds that SRBs produce in atmosphere in mind and while people have done configs for solid upper stages (where SRB plumes look more like the plumes that waterfall was designed around), BDB does not.

wait so dababy lied? nooooooooooo:sob:

4 minutes ago, Jcking said:

BDB does not have waterfall support for SRBs. Waterfall is not designed with the billowing clouds that SRBs produce in atmosphere in mind and while people have done configs for solid upper stages that are designed to be used in vacuum (where SRB plumes look more like the plumes that waterfall was designed around), BDB does not.

I believe what @dababykerman was referring to was the SRB Waterfall Effects mod, which does now have partial support for BDB solids. That being said I agree that they don't really give the right look for SRB's in atmosphere, but to each their own.

5 hours ago, Jcking said:

Simply not true.

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Simply not true.

It is true that there are no official BDB waterfall configs.

The ones discussed here (imho, not to diminish the work done in them!) need a LOT of work to meet the RealPlume versions in terms of quality.

I have seen some interesting solutions that are hybrids of particles and meshes, but I don’t think they’re quite ready.