[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, Grimmas said:

@GoldForest you could try to launch according to the contracts in the History of Spaceflight contract pack, there are lots of probe missions in there specifically for BDB (and I think ProbesPlus also, not sure)

Playing Sandbox and not science/career mode tho.

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Playing Sandbox and not science/career mode tho.

You're missing out on a lot of fun blowing up/crashing/failing a bunch of early launches then. :)   I'm working through my 4th attempt at it (Major BDB updates result in restarts) and I'm doing the same thing - only deorbiting stuff on the date they actually deorbit.  As such, I've got (as of early 1966) ~90 satellites in orbit of Kerbin.  I kinda wish there was an addon that would let me "auto terminate" a mission on a given date/time, but that's kinda esoteric, so I just put the deorbit date in the mission name and check the Tracking Station every month and make a note of when missions deorbited to make sure I don't pass up that date without removing the flight.

One bit of warning though - You *will* get significant performance hits.  Even with a really good computer, the way KSP runs even unloaded flights, you'll be running "yellow" once you get deep into the timeline like I am.  Performance overall is still more than acceptable, but you'll definitely notice performance hits.

Drag issue on the jettison SLA has been fixed with a slightly modified custom cube and fixes to the B9 switcher that was preventing it from taking. Here a base engine config Saturn IB launching to equitorial 110x110 in KSRRS 2.5x with about 200m/s spare in the S4B

With the upgraded 1973 engines can make 180x180 at 50 degrees launching from Kennedy in KSRSS (Skylab orbit scaled to KSRSS). 0.4 deg/s pitch rate and 100m/s pitch start is essential though.

Edited by Zorg

13 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Drag issue on the jettison SLA has been fixed with a slightly modified custom cube and fixes to the B9 switcher that was preventing it from taking. Here a base engine config Saturn IB launching to equitorial 110x110 in KSRRS 2.5x with about 200m/s spare in the S4B

With the upgraded 1973 engines can make 180x180 at 50 degrees launching from Kennedy in KSRSS (Skylab orbit scaled to KSRSS). 4 deg/s pitch rate and 100m/s pitch start is essential though.

@Zorg, thank you for sticking with this extremely vexing problem. I am not a coder, but having taken a look at a few .cfg files I have an appreciation for what a pain in the neck this must have been. You and the entire dev team have my thanks for enabling my enjoyment of this sim. 

39 minutes ago, Zorg said:

With the upgraded 1973 engines can make 180x180 at 50 degrees launching from Kennedy in KSRSS (Skylab orbit scaled to KSRSS).

So how calculate orbits scaled to 2.5x KSRSS from real world?

curious

Edited by Adam-Kerman

10 minutes ago, Adam-Kerman said:

So how calculate orbits scales to 2.5x KSRSS from real world?

curious

Despite 2.5x KSRSS and JNSQ being roughly 1/4 the size of our solar system, the atmosphere height is roughly the same (90 and 85km respectively vs 100km Karman line on our Earth).

The orbital altitudes on the other hand are scaled directly to system scale, GEO in these KSP systems is roughly 1/4 of the IRL GEO.

So basically this formula will give you a decent approximation to scale IRL orbits to KSP

(RealOrbit_km - 90km) * 0.25 + 90km = KSP equivalent orbit in terms of relative performance.

Edited by Zorg

16 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Could we also get a version of the Delta IV fairing without the payload adapter, the bare ring is nice for kit bashing.

Just added this. Idk why I didn't together with the other variants, no changes to the model were needed, only the config :P. The top attach node is now moved to the same position as the bottom (but facing up).

41 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Despite 2.5x KSRSS and JNSQ being roughly 1/4 the size of our solar system, the atmosphere height is roughly the same (90 and 85km respectively vs 100km Karman line on our Earth).

The orbital altitudes on the other hand are scaled directly to system scale, GEO in these KSP systems is roughly 1/4 of the IRL GEO.

So basically this formula will give you a decent approximation to scale IRL orbits to KSP

(RealOrbit_km - 90km) * 0.25 + 90km = KSP equivalent orbit in terms of relative performance.

Does this work for moon also or all planets/moons?

guess just checking

Edited by Adam-Kerman

2 minutes ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Does this work for moon also or all planets/moons?

Its really meant for Earth/Kerbin and for relatively low orbits below GEO lets say. Once the orbit starts getting too high that atmosphere factor matters less and less. 

While waiting for a Phobos and Deimos lander to arrive on Mars, I saw that I had a launch window for Jupiter and decided to launch a probe to complete the Jupiter Flyby contract.

20220507105457_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yay-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWF5LTg1MWFiNGE2LWYxY2YtNDhjNC1iZjkxLTk3ZTVhYjFmMDY0MS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.nZ0k5oxeQgw-5Ho-GZ97g5eRGA0D8VyYqKh0OyO7zOU

20220507105512_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yav-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWF2LTc3ZmZhM2FhLWY5YzQtNGMyMC04OTY3LTY3NmEzYzM2M2FjYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.pxH2_BpYjNAkbTVNnyBQklC7F-IEaiSnzl2ZcAFszIM

20220507105644_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yat-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWF0LTU1Mjc4YTczLTliMDMtNGQ4Mi05NDg4LTc3Y2RhNTBmNmViMS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.4BVus1f_nA7Yx4iuOuxCboMg5ZBpHy2DuBBt-cgEN_Y

20220507105941_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yar-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWFyLTMxMmUxZWNiLWY4NDMtNDNiZC1iMTg1LTIxYTg2MDBjMDY1Yi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.B551ZHCDQgW2qduLT9ns-zVE-YeP1NDctsfKAJsjzVo

20220507110351_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yao-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWFvLWRmMTg4ZWQ5LTYzMjEtNDAwMS04ZTVhLWU4M2E4M2ZmYmM4Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.ymCy0A2caYAQglWhzvvMh_5tFzbiVjRD2RXEDez8rhU

20220507110553_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yan-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzA0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWFuLWNjM2QyYWFkLTExMGMtNGUxMS05NWIzLWQxODkyZDAyMjk5Zi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.nmEIReEsm4141Bz8YSl7eMS4YxdYSg_tzkJw44kxS3w

20220507111058_1_by_pudgemountain_df51yak-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjUxeWFrLTc2MWMxZDZlLTBkZTgtNGYwNS04ODdiLWI1NThhMDQ5NmExZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.bQBeL1HRZB6Nslp3Wu_A91KCZy-ln-Iu_5CDsU6JOvU

Now I think of it I may have given it too much Delta V ^^;.

Edited by Pudgemountain

3 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

@Zorg@MashAndBangers@GoldForest

Just letting you know that I just released KSPCommunityFixes 1.12.2, which should correctly handle the "Hokulani OCO-RT90 Truss Structure" skylab truss robotic part (as well as potentially other modded robotic parts).
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks all for reporting.

Thanks! That was quick :) 

37 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

@Zorg@MashAndBangers@GoldForest

Just letting you know that I just released KSPCommunityFixes 1.12.2, which should correctly handle the "Hokulani OCO-RT90 Truss Structure" skylab truss robotic part (as well as potentially other modded robotic parts).
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks all for reporting.

No, thank you for the fix!

I haven't had the BDB CD part since its introduction. Finally trying to figure out why. This info is after syncing with Github just now, including the new B9.

Q9hIXkw.png

My log file is in here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gcxZbAhvv9m-KYKAkzQfDbELFThSQDqA?usp=sharing

Here's all the mentions of the part extracted from the log file.

Spoiler

[LOG 10:00:17.345] Config(PART:NEEDS[ConformalDecals]) Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal/bluedog_conformalDecal
[LOG 09:18:42.441] Applying update SigmaDimensions/Configs/ReDimension/rescaleAntennas/@PART:FOR[SigDim2] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:42.906] Applying update SigmaDimensions/Configs/ReDimension/rescaleSCANsat/@PART:FOR[SigDim2] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:51.027] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_1] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:53.271] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/B9PartSwitch/B9PartSwitchTanks/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_9] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:53.455] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_9] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:53.976] Applying update B9PartSwitch/PartInfo/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:FOR[zzzzzz-B9PartSwitch] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:54.202] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/RemoveRealNamesExtraFields/@PART[bluedog*]:LAST[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:54.338] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/B9PartSwitch/UI_Groups/@PART[bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:Last[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:54.563] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Patches/mass_patch/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[~PhysicsSignificance[1],#mass[<0.03]]:LAST[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 10:00:55.664] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal/bluedog_conformalDecal'
[LOG 10:00:55.691] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal/bluedog_conformalDecal' has no database record. Creating.

Any help would be appreciated!

17 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I haven't had the BDB CD part since its introduction. Finally trying to figure out why. This info is after syncing with Github just now, including the new B9.

Q9hIXkw.png

My log file is in here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gcxZbAhvv9m-KYKAkzQfDbELFThSQDqA?usp=sharing

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 10:00:17.345] Config(PART:NEEDS[ConformalDecals]) Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal/bluedog_conformalDecal
[LOG 09:18:42.441] Applying update SigmaDimensions/Configs/ReDimension/rescaleAntennas/@PART:FOR[SigDim2] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:42.906] Applying update SigmaDimensions/Configs/ReDimension/rescaleSCANsat/@PART:FOR[SigDim2] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:51.027] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_1] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:53.271] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/B9PartSwitch/B9PartSwitchTanks/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_9] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:53.455] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:FOR[zzzBluedog_DB_9] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:53.976] Applying update B9PartSwitch/PartInfo/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:FOR[zzzzzz-B9PartSwitch] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:54.202] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/RemoveRealNamesExtraFields/@PART[bluedog*]:LAST[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:54.338] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/B9PartSwitch/UI_Groups/@PART[bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]]:Last[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 09:18:54.563] Applying update Bluedog_DB/Patches/mass_patch/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[~PhysicsSignificance[1],#mass[<0.03]]:LAST[Bluedog_DB] to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal.cfg/PART[bluedog_conformalDecal]
[LOG 10:00:55.664] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal/bluedog_conformalDecal'
[LOG 10:00:55.691] PartLoader: Part 'Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ConformalDecals/bluedog_conformalDecal/bluedog_conformalDecal' has no database record. Creating.

They might not have the "decal" tag applied to them, but they show up when I search for "saturn". Try that?

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

My log file is in here:

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's probably because its missing a TechRequired field. Fixing that now (I guess it wasn't loading in career and or science)