[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, Jacktical said:

Is it just me who thinks this lander is really ugly (Not your recreation, that looks great lol)

Oh trust me it isn't just you, there's a reason my screenshots show basically two angles and one is almost straight from the top:P

3 hours ago, Jacktical said:

Is it just me who thinks this lander is really ugly (Not your recreation, that looks great lol)

Oh no yeah, none of the commercial crew landers look either like a moon lander or aesthetically good except maybe for the Dynetics one.

1 hour ago, Tangle said:

Oh no yeah, none of the commercial crew landers look either like a moon lander or aesthetically good except maybe for the Dynetics one.

Maybe a lesson to NASA that commercializing the most important piece of lunar architecture wasn’t a great idea 

31 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Maybe a lesson to NASA that commercializing the most important piece of lunar architecture wasn’t a great idea 

Idk how efficient the landers are, but if a stupid (looking) ship works then it isn't a stupid ship

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

"Please let me develop lunar Starship for Artemis missions, I promise I am stable and can be trusted not to make the same mistakes that would have befallen an Apollo direct ascent"

4 minutes ago, Galileo chiu said:

isn't Block IV's top is 1.25

the APAS is 0.9375 meters

Yeah, but there was no historic or concept or au mission module that used APAS on Apollo afaik, at least not the ISS APAS. I would suggest finding a short adapter that goes from 1.25 to 0.9375. 

Edited by GoldForest

21 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Yeah, but there was no historic or concept or au mission module that used APAS on Apollo afaik, at least not the ISS APAS. I would suggest finding a short adapter that goes from 1.25 to 0.9375. 

then they should add a short 1.25 to 0.9375 adapter that is in the style of Apollo

1 hour ago, Galileo chiu said:

then they should add a short 1.25 to 0.9375 adapter that is in the style of Apollo

Easy, your comment sounds awfully demanding imo. While I agree a short adpater would be nice, there is a 1.25 to 0.9375 adapter in game already. The Thor adapter. There's also the Mercury Lab adapter.

sBh7zV5.png

4TrCOeI.png

vy56oGl.png

Edited by GoldForest

@CobaltWolf @Zorg Would it be possible to get a ring type 6.25m SLA Fairing Base?  Both the regular and SAF versions have this, but the SLA version does not.  This would come in very useful if you're launching some type of S-II WW Space Station along with Apollo.

39 minutes ago, Hay said:

@CobaltWolf @Zorg Would it be possible to get a ring type 6.25m SLA Fairing Base?  Both the regular and SAF versions have this, but the SLA version does not.  This would come in very useful if you're launching some type of S-II WW Space Station along with Apollo.

S-II wet workshop launches with S-IVB on top of it. You jettison it after orbit insertion. 

52 minutes ago, Hay said:

11 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

S-II wet workshop launches with S-IVB on top of it. You jettison it after orbit insertion. 

Yeah I'm not sure what you mean. The SLA isn't 6.25m right?

11 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Easy, your comment sounds awfully demanding imo. While I agree a short adpater would be nice, there is a 1.25 to 0.9375 adapter in game already. The Thor adapter. There's also the Mercury Lab adapter.

No it's fair, we're not the best at fleshing out the adapters and making people's lives easier for lego'ing. I'll see what I can do, I'm sure there's a texture sheet that has plenty of room. I actually love the look of the Mercury Lab adapter on there tho.

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Also, @Pappystein Your RL-10 B-3 has the same exact specs at the A-3, even though it says it's an uprated A-3. Also, LDC doesn't default to Hypergolic, it's still defaults to LFO

iGNS8YK.png

n9JSeMk.png

Thanks for the heads-up.  The B-3 should be 20,000 vs 15,000 units of force.      I will do some digging, but a lot of comments on web-searches state the A-3 was "upgraded" for use on the Saturn and I am willing to bet that somewhere someone thought that meant the THRUST was upgraded (not the rocket interface which IS the difference between the A-3 and the A-3S.)

And you are correct I do not default LDC to Hypergolic.  For one reason... There are more LDC proposals for Hydrolox than Hypergolic.   They just are not as popular in history.

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Zorg added a 6.25 SLA that fits with a modified H03 SLA panel that doesn't have the adapter bit to 4.25m

11 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

Something I found that works well is the 1.25 to 0.9375m adapter set to the gray paint job that Benjee has in his Planetside Exploration Vehicle mod. The AARDV block I face plate (not the conical piece) is also 0.9375m just so you know.

Edited by Jcking

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Also, @Pappystein Your RL-10 B-3 has the same exact specs at the A-3, even though it says it's an uprated A-3. Also, LDC doesn't default to Hypergolic, it's still defaults to LFO.

Just verified the files.  The B-3 is better but the Flavor text is wrong.  (21kn vs 16.5)   However the ISP on the A-3 is also wrong (431 was highest achieved during Apollo for example) and it is at 444 which is the ISP of the B-3

If you look at the B-3 vs the A-3 in game (not in VAB) and running you will see the higher performance listed.

I will attempt to get this sorted soon(tm)

EDITED

ASSUMING that the data on BBOW is what is used, RL10A-3 should be 15000lbf or 66.72kn Real world thrust... /4 = 16.675kn for KSP  ISP for the RL10-A3 varies from 427 to 431 (depending on pre-cooling the engine would be my guess as the 427 is for Atlas launches and the 431 is for Saturn with it's better insulation for the engine bay)

RL10A-3-1 is 431 ISP for Atlas launches so I assume they used Saturn level of pre-cooling for the Centaur... the RL10A-3-3 of 1978ish being 16.675kn and 444 ISP

RL10B-3 which is 20,000lbf or 88.964kn /4 = 22.241kn in KSP @ 444ISP out the gate.

I will submit a PR for fixing the entire RL10A family including proper RL designations (right out of P&W documents rather than the web)

Edited by Pappystein

5 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Just verified the files.  The B-3 is better but the Flavor text is wrong.  (21kn vs 16.5)   However the ISP on the A-3 is also wrong (431 was highest achieved during Apollo for example) and it is at 444 which is the ISP of the B-3

If you look at the B-3 vs the A-3 in game (not in VAB) and running you will see the higher performance listed.

I will attempt to get this sorted soon(tm)

Also something of note, I think the "Kerolox" versions of the Titan engines should put them back to LFO. Just something to look at. I know Tantares and SEP can have engines change, but not sure if that's B9 or a custom plugin. 

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No it's fair, we're not the best at fleshing out the adapters and making people's lives easier for lego'ing. I'll see what I can do, I'm sure there's a texture sheet that has plenty of room. I actually love the look of the Mercury Lab adapter on there tho.

Mmmm, wasn't sure the right word to use was "Should" but okay.  Maybe make an apollo gray version of the Mercury lab adapter?

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Also something of note, I think the "Kerolox" versions of the Titan engines should put them back to LFO. Just something to look at. I know Tantares and SEP can have engines change, but not sure if that's B9 or a custom plugin.

That should be working.  If you choose say the LR87-AJ-11K, you should have a Kerolox engine meaning the tank needs to be switched to LF/O

4 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

That should be working.  If you choose say the LR87-AJ-11K, you should have a Kerolox engine meaning the tank needs to be switched to LF/O

Not working for me. Still have to use Hypergolic with them.  I'll double check.