[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@Pappystein Can confirm, Kerolox versions of engines on the Titan still use Hypergolic fuel and don't switich to LFO.

It is working fine on my end.   Can you PM me a screenshot of the Pafftek folder in Extras?

Spoiler

ZsYVfMC.png

Hypergolic

L0EaX7x.png

The engine on LFO, Tank on Hypergolic

eirMVWb.png

Engine and Tank on LF/O

Oh and also:

A3 vs B3

ZwSYUPC.png

Edited by Pappystein

21 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

It is working fine on my end.   Can you PM me a screenshot of the Pafftek folder in Extras?

Reveal hidden contents

ZsYVfMC.png

Hypergolic

L0EaX7x.png

The engine on LFO, Tank on Hypergolic

eirMVWb.png

Engine and Tank on LF/O

Oh and also:

A3 vs B3

ZwSYUPC.png

Ah, I see my problem. I was relying on KSP's stock D/V ticker to tell me if it was working or not. Sorry, my mistake.  It does indeed work. 

Yea as much as I like BDB and appreciate the tons of effort that goes into it - it doesn't warrant Wikipedia. To be fair, a lot of articles that do exist on Wikipedia also shouldn't be there. But that's another discussion for another day. 

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

@Zorg  The 25KW Power Tower,  Is there supposed to be a 3rd Axis bearing like the ISS has or is there thoughts to make one?

No there isn't, thankfully as I'd rather not deal with that complexity :P

4 hours ago, Hay said:

@CobaltWolf @Zorg Would it be possible to get a ring type 6.25m SLA Fairing Base?  Both the regular and SAF versions have this, but the SLA version does not.  This would come in very useful if you're launching some type of S-II WW Space Station along with Apollo.

Er sure. I left the solid base in as I thought that would be the payload attach surface. wasnt thinking of the wet workshop option at the time but it should be simple to set up.

To test some things and configs and to remember how to use principia, decided to launch something interesting...
Advanced Apollo on top of C2 with AJ260 as first stage!
screenshot827.png

Rotated SM and changed RCS 

screenshot831.png

screenshot858.png

screenshot873.png

Due to low TWR and minmus inclination periapsis was high
screenshot875.png

Spoiler

screenshot833.png

Dont forget to autostrut every part to prevent wobbling 

5 hours ago, Naeth Kerman said:

FYI, the sub satellite dispenser has the same description as the heatshield decoupler.

dunno how that happened. Its not like we copy paste entire part configs when we make a new part *looks around nervously*

Oh, @CobaltWolf Been meaning to make a suggestion. Could you add a hidden node inside the apollo command models and make it to where the abort system latches on to that instead of the docking port? During launch, the tower likes to wobble during time warp and can affect the trajectory of the rocket. Not really anything big and not needed, but just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there. Would make the tower a lot more stable during launch. 

It also likes to wobble sometimes during normal speed launches, a little. 

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Oh, @CobaltWolf Been meaning to make a suggestion. Could you add a hidden node inside the apollo command models and make it to where the abort system latches on to that instead of the docking port? During launch, the tower likes to wobble during time warp and can affect the trajectory of the rocket. Not really anything big and not needed, but just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there. Would make the tower a lot more stable during launch. 

It also likes to wobble sometimes during normal speed launches, a little. 

Can’t you just autostrut it? That’s what I do and it seems to work fine. 

1 hour ago, CDSlice said:

Can’t you just autostrut it? That’s what I do and it seems to work fine. 

I do, but since it's connected to a docking port, it still likes to wobble. Docking port joints are weak when it comes to rigidity, so much so that auto-struts do little to nothing to stop it. It might be able to hold outside of time warp.

26 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I do, but since it's connected to a docking port, it still likes to wobble. Docking port joints are weak when it comes to rigidity, so much so that auto-struts do little to nothing to stop it. It might be able to hold outside of time warp.

I've never had an issue auto strutting it to the root

45 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Yes. Often time the devs just copy paste the configs of one part into the other to quickly add it into game. 

Actually, I think that one was just an edit to add TRS in the tags. I don't think that's a new part. 

12 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Yes. Often time the devs just copy paste the configs of one part into the other to quickly add it into game. 

Well it’s common but not intended for sure to have left it like that :P

will fix it when I’m back at my PC

Edited by Zorg