[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

There are indeed no issues between SystemHeat and JNSQ.

Do you happen to know what happens when you install SystemHeat into a save where your craft are already using RTGs or reactors? 

edit: lol that sounded like a challenge but I am honestly wondering ... and nervous 

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

Does anyone have a lunar module craft(or full Saturn V craft) in conjunction with a lunar rovng vehicle? Needed to recreate J-missions such as Apollo 15,16,17.

Edited by Soviet_Velir

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Ah, came up when I googled Nerva II so got confused. Sorry.

Nerva II (known more commonly in period documentation as the 75k thrust full flow nerva) was from what I can find a later development after work was stopped on the heated bleed AJ31-6 and hot bleed AJ30-5 (though it seems that there was always work on or at least the idea of a big nerva as the nerva on Saturn C-2 nuclear has nearly identical performance as nerva II, but the switch to full flow was definitely a later thing). The engine compared to previous nervas has a thrust of 75,000lbs and specific impulse of 825 seconds compared to the 55,800lbs thrust and 757 seconds from AJ31-6 (30-5 is a slightly worse version of 31-6).

Edited by Jcking

4 hours ago, Jcking said:

Nerva II (known more commonly in period documentation as the 75k thrust full flow nerva) was from what I can find a later development after work was stopped on the heated bleed AJ31-6 and hot bleed AJ30-5 (though it seems that there was always work on or at least the idea of a big nerva as the nerva on Saturn C-2 nuclear has nearly identical performance as nerva II, but the switch to full flow was definitely a later thing). The engine compared to previous nervas has a thrust of 75,000lbs and specific impulse of 825 seconds compared to the 55,800lbs thrust and 757 seconds from AJ31-6 (30-5 is a slightly worse version of 31-6).

"NERVA II" as I modelled it though is from the Manned Interplanetary Spacecraft Concept study with 200-250k lbf thrust, 4000-5000MW reactor and 825-850s Isp. IMISC refers to it as just a NERVA but NTRS 19690000736 refers to it as NERVA II. That said the document also mentions "The NERVA II engine development program has been dropped in favor of a 1500-mW NERVA engine with a thrust level of about 75 000 Ib (333 600 N)." Could be the NERVA II designation was continued for that in other documents for the 75k model? little confused about all that.

Anyways this is whats modelled.

unknown.png

Edited by Zorg

9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Do you happen to know what happens when you install SystemHeat into a save where your craft are already using RTGs or reactors? 

edit: lol that sounded like a challenge but I am honestly wondering ... and nervous 

In theory nothing should happen to your crafts that are already in flight, as I see nothing in the SystemHeat code that would add modules to vessels in flight. But I didn't look that closely so I could be wrong. 

I have been flight testing a J-class LM with a deployable LRV. After deploying the LRV, I ran into the old problem of surface drift. The LRV just slides all over the surface of the Moon unmanned like it is on ice. I know there is a fix for this because I ran into it before, but I can’t remember what it is. I don’t have this problem with other versions of the LRV or MOLEM, just this new foldable one. 

On 6/9/2022 at 8:01 PM, CobaltWolf said:

This is the first I'm hearing of it. Kerbalism, that makes sense that there might be an issue there. But what issue would it have for JNSQ? I believe the system basically ignores external factors like orientation or distance from the sun.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:29 PM, septemberWaves said:

Since when is it not compatible with these? I'm curious where you're getting this information.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, CDSlice said:

I’ve used SystemHeat (via the FarFuture parts) in JNSQ for a while now and never had any problems with them. FarFuture itself had some issues with not being able to gather resources in space because their weren’t any resource configs but the heating system worked perfectly. 

21 hours ago, Grimmas said:

There are indeed no issues between SystemHeat and JNSQ. There are issues between SystemHeat and Kerbalism, this is true. There's also a bridge mod (KerbalismSystemHeat) that was recently updated, but it doesn't change the fact that out of the box those two mods don't play nice.

Hey,

sorry, it was my error,

it was "Space Dust" (and so "FFT"), not "System Heat" with JNSQ (+RR):

(Still a problem for me, I like "FFT" and "System Heat", but I want to try a (long-time) space colonizing Game with JNSQ+RR+Kerbalism...:()

On 10/30/2020 at 4:13 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Big Katz @hemeac Space Dust's configs will work in JNSQ but since the measuring system uses meters from sea level and not fractions/multiples of the body radius,  any atmosphere presences that are made need to be precisely measured per planet, and exosphere placements will become misfits (the wrong heights and spans) since the bodies are bigger. And JNSQ's added planets get no support at all since there's no means to magically place resources in every atmosphere with one node or switch. (For the experienced, "GLOBAL_RESOURCE{}" does not apply.)

I'm working on support right now, to learn all that I need to touch, and fill out the stock planets. After that comes OPM...and JNSQ since you asked.

But I read that "System Heat" still have problems with "Kerbalism"... :(

> But if you got JNSQ+RR+Kerbalism to work with Space Dust+SystemHeat+FFT, I would be really pleased to hear about it!

Edited by N3N

4 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

It’s inspirational to see a modder overcome their fear of wheels 

"I will never make LRV parts because of how badly wheels are done"

-Someone who will eventually break down and make LRV parts, including his own wheels

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can't believe we've made it this far...

izRnIXp.png

Progress on the model is looking excellent so far; I look forward to seeing it finished. I'm glad you decided to make the LRV in the end, it'll complete the Apollo parts nicely. By the way, were there any proposed variants of the LRV that may make it into BDB?

Edited by septemberWaves

1 hour ago, Invaderchaos said:

Got a start on Surveyor this weekend...

I should note that the legs are also not done yet, I just made enough to do the animation.

While I enjoy the parts from Coatl Aerospace, I am looking forward to your interpretation of the Surveyor probes as well.  There's good points to both addons and I tend to do mix-and-match at times as well.

7 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Got a start on Surveyor this weekend:

YAAAAY!!!

My SurveyoRanger finally retires in favor of actual Surveyor!

(Please tell me you're making Viking after it. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with cherry on top!!! AFAIK, there is no mods that add a proper Viking, so we kinda NEED it.)

7 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

(Please tell me you're making Viking after it. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with cherry on top!!! AFAIK, there is no mods that add a proper Viking, so we kinda NEED it.)

Or team up with @akron to complete his Viking lander?

hdNlB8J.png

GCSsFQI.png

CTorZjh.png

z5V2VJf.png

42i6d4D.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Random Satellite loaded up with Scansat stuff. Not in career or anything, and don't plan to utilize resources or anything. I just want to see the scansat map lit up fully. :D

3 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

YAAAAY!!!

My SurveyoRanger finally retires in favor of actual Surveyor!

While I agree having Viking would be great, I'm not so sure it will be easy. Viking's geometry is very unique to say the least, which is probably why so many modders are put off by it, imo. I mean, a triangle bus with two angled tanks, plus those engines with the 100 nozzles (Overly dramatic estimate)... I would be weary about tackling it too.  On top of all that, the Viking Orbiter spacecraft and Viking descent capsule would also have to be made, since Viking itself can't make it to Mars on its own, which is more work in of itself.