[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

34 minutes ago, dababykerman said:

hi there, whenever i download the dev branch it says the file is corrupted or invalid whenever I try to open the zip, does anyone know a fix?

Do you have slow internet? If so, you doing stuff could mess up the download. In order to fix this, close everything except your internet browser, hit download, then leave it alone. I get "unexpected end of zip." all the time if I take up too much bandwidth from the download. Give this a try and see if it helps. 

55 minutes ago, dababykerman said:

hi there, whenever i download the dev branch it says the file is corrupted or invalid whenever I try to open the zip, does anyone know a fix?

I have the same problem, maybe there is something wrong with github.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Do you have slow internet? If so, you doing stuff could mess up the download. In order to fix this, close everything except your internet browser, hit download, then leave it alone. I get "unexpected end of zip." all the time if I take up too much bandwidth from the download. Give this a try and see if it helps. 

Tried that and it worked, thanks for the help!

48 minutes ago, dababykerman said:

Tried that and it worked, thanks for the help!

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Ares27 said:

I have the same problem, maybe there is something wrong with github.

If you have slow internet, close everything, but your browser as you download. 

4 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I see your LRV, and raise you one MET! (ducks while @CobaltWolfthrows his cards at me :))

Oh I'd love to do the MET if it was possible, I just don't think it is.

I ordered some additional research materials for the LRV...

4kCTjl0.png

I actually do put a semi-decent amount of money into this between buying reference materials, software licenses, cloud storage for assets and documents - so on that note, I'm doing one of my semi-annual plugs for the Patreon and Paypal donation links. EDIT: Just got a DM, apparently there may be an issue with the Paypal link.

In other news, messing around with orbital launch / docking stuff a bit more. Just sketching stuff out so far

jZoMDjB.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

20 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

Could be worst someone could've asked you to make this.

Pic-1_Pete-Conrad.jpg

Zs5WplnuPbdEkb20udNgrP-V_a3zIK2o_mqjcx_3tDo.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=9b15cb80e9e2113ead6efff89b802ad8444909f8

(This is also a joke.)

There's also the Apollo carriage, for when you want your astronauts to double as horses
 unknown.png

Edit: the other rovers in the report are cute though, like the RTG augumented LRV
unknown.png

Edited by Beccab

1 hour ago, Beccab said:

There's also the Apollo carriage, for when you want your astronauts to double as horses
 unknown.png

Edit: the other rovers in the report are cute though, like the RTG augumented LRV
unknown.png

That cart belongs in-game. Mythical Apollo rode his chariot through the skies, Kerbal Apollo can ride a chariot on Mun.

Spacewheelbarrow. One small step for terraforming.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

In other news, messing around with orbital launch / docking stuff a bit more. Just sketching stuff out so far

Question regarding this, would we get a version of the Saturn rcs with a forward facing thruster for docking, or should we just use the Apollo rcs?

Edited by 1124max
Clarification

2 hours ago, Beccab said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Not the Amish lunar program!

27 minutes ago, 1124max said:

Question regarding this, would we get a version of the Saturn rcs with a forward facing thruster for docking, or should we just use the Apollo rcs?

Still TBD. It might be modified APS modules, it might be some sort of new APS with clustered Apollo RCS - which was mentioned in some docs as a preferable option due to their regenerative, rather than ablative, nozzles.

21 minutes ago, msp307 said:
Hello, I have a problem with BDB parts when I save them as assemblies and when loading, all nodes are slightly shifted.

Does anyone know this and also a solution?

Thanks in advance

I have noticed this in the past when merging crafts, not sure if it's a BDB issue or just ksp in general. i tend to just use the offset tool and move everything back to where it should be

23 minutes ago, msp307 said:
Hello, I have a problem with BDB parts when I save them as assemblies and when loading, all nodes are slightly shifted.

Does anyone know this and also a solution?

Thanks in advance

Do you have tweakscale installed? If so, it would explain the shift in the parts

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

jZoMDjB.png

OOOO this will really help out with kitbashing a Boeing-proposed interplanetary manned spacecraft, especially with stacking the boosters vertically. (Last time I tried something like this I had to use docking port-decoupler pairs to get the staging correct.)

d64d9919dbd05816e7058af2e3f40b66_origina

This isn't even out yet, and already I'm asking if we'll get length variations of these docking structures, for various engine lengths (longest would be the larger NERVA, probably).

Edited by bigyihsuan

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Is this for one of the IPP concept with Mars manned mission using NERVAs? Also, we have NERVA, what about Nuclear Shuttle parts?

ZcNUqbz.png

hmBuY9r.png

"Who put the camera in the trench?!" - Gene Kerman

RtIGfiQ.png

t7bWGEP.png

cbuFRVl.png

Oa9qaeT.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Went a little overboard with the screenshot button lol. Check out full album. 

So decided to make an Apollo No-Rendezvous Lander. Good news? It landed on the Mun. Bad news? It had enough fuel to get to Mun orbit, but not to escape it.