[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

34 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

I think this is a neat way to provide inspiration for KSP rocket designs. I've been doing it the whole day, and I think it's a unique thought exercise. With your blessing, I wouldn't mind turning this into a dedicated thread for people to post ai images and the KSP rockets derived from them.

Go ahead I don't own the AI program so you can do whatever lol. See if the others would like the idea.

8 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

Go ahead I don't own the AI program so you can do whatever lol. See if the others would like the idea.

Thanks man! I'm gonna post the thread now.

What do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Nothing new from me today, just taking a look at the extension Cobalt added to the S4B interstage. Allows for a clean NERVA XE on S4B build.

I love that you're using the old NASA picture overlay. Nice touch.

pINVlqU.png

New project station. Anybody care to take a guess as to what I'm building now? I'll give you a hint. The name of the station rhymes with "Read 'em." :P The real challenge is which one am I doing? There's two of them, a real and a fake. 

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

pINVlqU.png

New project station. Anybody care to take a guess as to what I'm building now? I'll give you a hint. The name of the station rhymes with "Read 'em." :P The real challenge is which one am I doing? There's two of them, a real and a fake. 

space station freedom, but witch version, the baseline (the ISS looking one) or the dual keel?

Edited by DaOPCreeper

Was still trying to narrow down this glitch, but just noticed that someone on Reddit reported the same(ish) thing, so I'm slightly more confident to report:

Spoiler

8N6bxaV.png

This "stack" of rects is attached directly to the plume. Wiggling the gimble makes the entire stack swing with it, rooted down at the engine. The Reddit user's rectangles are missing-texture-pink, but mine are sort of reflective/glassy. This is JNSQ where I wasn't sure if it was happening or not, until I just got this. Normally I'm in KSRSS and it happens consistently there.

For sure the F1 does this, the E1 does too I think ... but I don't think I've ever seen it with the RS-68.

Last weird detail: on both KSRSS and JNSQ it appears around 50k, and on KSRSS it disappears on its own around 65k. As you can see, on JNSQ it hung around until I shut down the F1.

I'm synch'd with Github, and am using Waterfall 0.9.0.0 (BDB Github has 0.8.2.0). Scatterer 0.7x, latest Eve. 

Reddit user's post:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Was still trying to narrow down this glitch, but just noticed that someone on Reddit reported the same(ish) thing, so I'm slightly more confident to report:

Hide contents

8N6bxaV.png

This "stack" of rects is attached directly to the plume. Wiggling the gimble makes the entire stack swing with it, rooted down at the engine. The Reddit user's rectangles are missing-texture-pink, but mine are sort of reflective/glassy. This is JNSQ where I wasn't sure if it was happening or not, until I just got this. Normally I'm in KSRSS and it happens consistently there.

For sure the F1 does this, the E1 does too I think ... but I don't think I've ever seen it with the RS-68.

Last weird detail: on both KSRSS and JNSQ it appears around 50k, and on KSRSS it disappears on its own around 65k. As you can see, on JNSQ it hung around until I shut down the F1.

I'm synch'd with Github, and am using Waterfall 0.9.0.0 (BDB Github has 0.8.2.0). Scatterer 0.7x, latest Eve. 

Reddit user's post:

Reveal hidden contents

52 minutes ago, Hybr1d said:

Problem with engine glitch, on the regor engine pink squares follow up the rocket like in the photo. The squares change length depending on the throttle. Does not happen to any other engine. Help would be appreciated
edIC0mD.jpg

Gonna need to see a full modlist and logs, also whether its the current BDB release or the dev branch.

3 hours ago, Hybr1d said:

Problem with engine glitch, on the regor engine pink squares follow up the rocket like in the photo. The squares change length depending on the throttle. Does not happen to any other engine. Help would be appreciated
edIC0mD.jpg

For the issue with the pink squares, it's worth trying a reinstall of Waterfall first. Otherwise it might be an interaction between that type of plume and an older version of scatterer that some planet packs require. Make sure you have Scatterer 0.0772 or 0.0838 depending on your planet pack, and Waterfall 0.9.

Also, make sure you have 'depth buffer mode' enabled in the scatterer main settings (the blue toolbar icon in the main KSC scene, then 'Customize Settings'): unknown.png

Edited by Rodger

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

Gonna need to see a full modlist and logs, also whether its the current BDB release or the dev branch.

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

Also, make sure you have 'depth buffer mode' enabled in the scatterer main settings (the blue toolbar icon in the main KSC scene, then 'Customize Settings'): 

Have narrowed this down to the depth buffer vs projector mode in scatterer. On my system, I cannot use Depth Buffer mode, as it destroys the AA in the flight scene. You can see this here if you view the full size version, and look in the background.

Spoiler

59Di5tT.png

In comparison, with Projector Mode and AA set via TUFX profile to SMAA:

Spoiler

VoWsRwa.png

Thanks for looking into it!

@Hybr1d

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

2 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

This mod is massive now, I do wonder if you have ever thought of splitting this mod into smaller modules like how Tantares is done? 

Iirc the answer was no, but you can delete folders of specific vehicles that you don't want. I.e. The Titan folder, the Delta Folder, etc.

23 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

This mod is massive now, I do wonder if you have ever thought of splitting this mod into smaller modules like how Tantares is done? 

21 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Iirc the answer was no, but you can delete folders of specific vehicles that you don't want. I.e. The Titan folder, the Delta Folder, etc.

That's been stated in the OP for years...:huh:

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:
1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

That's been stated in the OP for years...:huh:

Forgot that, I was thinking in the back of my mind it might be very hard to split at this point but thought i might ask since BDB shows no sign of slowing down and is already larger then when I first started using it. Wont lye, even if it was split I would probs use all the modules anyways. 
Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Edited by xD-FireStriker

32 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Forgot that, I was thinking in the back of my mind it might be very hard to split at this point but thought i might ask since BDB shows no sign of slowing down and is already larger then when I first used it. Wont lye, even if it was split I would probs use all the modules anyways. 
Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Splitting it up is something we want to do for KSP2.