[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

23 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Ah, so that's MM's Advance Design Nova R10R-2.

Ah, I see. So the image was a split cross-section showing two different modes. I thought it was just a single rocket with half a shroud on one side. 

Yup, it's interesting how some rockets at the top of the rocket appear magically in the last slide lol

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.11 "вне"

iNQqSmf.png

Release Album

Downloads:

GitHub | Spacedock

Available on CKAN

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents
v1.11.0
New content and features
- Add Deployable Engines as hard dependency
- All new boiloff mechanics using System Heat as a new dependency (included by default, can be removed optionally). Boiloff can now be managed by using system heat configured radiators to provide active cryo cooling
- Skylab 25kW power module parts including large solar panels, radiators, tower structure, and docking adapter
- Skylab teleoperator retrieval system (reboost module)
- SII interstage based EOSS space station parts including aft section, large telescope, solar panels, experimental rollout solar array and more
- New nuclear engines: NERVA XE hot bleed cycle engine, NERVA full flow cycle flight engine (with aerospike option), large and powerful NERVA II, Los Alamos Small Nuclear Engine concept
- Apollo SIM bay ATM telescope
- SII wet workshop
- Mariner 3, 4 and 5
- 6.25m S4F stage for FLO HLLV (incorrectly known as Comet HLLV sometimes)
- 8m Saturn fairing inspired by FLO HLLV.
- New 2.5m Saturn fairing
- 3x variant for Saturn S1D engine mount
- Revamped Big G 1969 (cylindrical service module)
- Revamped Centaur II (atlas II) and Common Centaur/Centaur III (Atlas III and V)
- Orbital Goo Laboratory inspired by Orbital Primate Spacecraft.
- Apollo Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) parts (requires Breaking Ground DLC for robotics)
- Extended set of ALSEP ground experiments including historical experiments and proposed ones (requires Breaking Ground DLC for EVA ground science)
- 3 crew LM Taxi with uprated ascent stage variant
- LM truck cargo variant with roll-off ramp with autonomous descent stage variant
- Orbital LM Lab
- LM Shelter and Early Lunar Shelter with new experiments including 100ft drill (thanks to Gregoria Luna (Gregrox) for the telescope results)
- She-lab (Shelter Lab) with accompanying MTV vehicle.
- Lunar Flying Vehicle
- LR91 style nozzle for the single LR87 vac
- Shaddy compatibility support for blanket type solar panels using transmission shaders (backlit glow)
- Shaddy compatibility for translucent parachute shaders
- new IVA for the LM and variants (new props including detailed hatches and DSKY interface)
- Haaselblad lunar camera KIS prop (also an IVA prop)

Updates and Enhancements
- Native community category kit implementation
- Update filter extensions compatibility
- Snacks! compatibility update thanks to debaker02
- Startup fireball effects for F1 and RS68 waterfall plumes
- Add mesh switch to CADS docking ports to turn off inner hatch.
- RL10-C3 variant (thanks to Al2me6)
- New running sound for nuclear engines with Geiger clicks (Thanks to Katniss)
- Compatibility with Default Action Groups mod
- Add some KSRSS results to sci defs

Bug fixes
- Fixed Apollo IVA rotation bugs
- Fixed Gemini lander IVA rotation bug
- various minor fixes

h6ukPOR.png

A note on the future:

With the KSP2 release date announcement, I'm sure you're all wondering what the future of BDB is. Well, this is probably the last "big" update for KSP1. We have some stuff coming down the line still - Zorg's fantastic Voyager Mars, as well as some small projects from myself. But we simply won't have time to take on big new expansions before that comes.

So what happens when KSP2 arrives? Well, we don't know yet. BDB isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. That goes for both KSP1 (these releases won't go anywhere) as well as KSP2 (we fully intend on carrying on our work there). What will BDB2 look like? We don't know that either. There hasn't been any information on KSP2 modding yet, so we're as in the dark as you all are. We'll have to be patient, and even once we get our hands on the specs it will be a long, long process to create something on par with BDB1. Many of the models are probably good enough to make the jump, but the shaders and textures will not. Despite that, we're excited for the future.

And on that note, I want to thank everyone who's spent the last 7+ years playing, enjoying, commenting, and sharing their creations with the mod. It has been an absolute blast, and hopefully will continue to be for many years to come.

- CobaltWolf aka Matt

(Salutes with tears in eyes) This is so beautiful and a proper send off for KSP1

As for KSP2 not sure if I would get it right away, money is very tight for me, which is one reason it took me until September to get BG lol.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

dAcW2Fj.gif

Also also, anybody know what's up with MM Advance Designs Nova R10R-2? Like, is that a rocket or a modern architecture project? @Pappystein Any info you got on that one?

No first hand info... But it looks exceedingly like some of the Alternate Apollo capsules (Specifically latter GD and MM ones that were Asymmetrical lifting bodies)    SERIOUSLY going from memory here!

Sniped with more correct info! :D

Edited by Pappystein

Possible issue, though completely fine without mods, when I install with a bazillion other mods I have a couple of MM error/warnings from GameData/Bluedog_DB/Patches/Thermal/engines.cfg:

[LOG 15:28:08.940] Applying update
  Bluedog_DB/Patches/Thermal/engines/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[ModuleAblator]]:LAST[Bluedog_DB]
        to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Feetshield.cfg/PART[bluedog_Apollo_Feetshield]
  [WRN 15:28:08.941] Cannot find key thermalEfficiency in PART
  [ERR 15:28:08.941] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key thermalWaste = #$thermalEfficiency$
  [ERR 15:28:08.941] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key heatProduction = #$../thermalEfficiency$

[LOG 15:28:09.037] Applying update
  Bluedog_DB/Patches/Thermal/engines/@PART[bluedog*,Bluedog*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[ModuleAblator]]:LAST[Bluedog_DB]
        to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Skylab/bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe.cfg/PART[bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe]
  [WRN 15:28:09.038] Cannot find key thermalEfficiency in PART
  [ERR 15:28:09.038] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key thermalWaste = #$thermalEfficiency$
  [ERR 15:28:09.038] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key heatProduction = #$../thermalEfficiency$

I think the problem with those parts (bluedog_Apollo_Feetsheild, bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe) is they both  have ModuleEngineFX and ModuleAblator but do no set thermalEfficiency, so the engines.cfg patch does not set a default and cannot find that value to do it's work. Solution is probably adding a value to both (or catching this case in engines.cfg and using default of 0.9).

Possible MM magic cfg file that would temporarily fix this (no guarantee I get this right) included below:

Spoiler
// Minor fix

@PART[bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe]:FOR[Bluedog_DB]
{
	&thermalEfficiency = 0.9
}	

@PART[bluedog_Apollo_Feetshield]:FOR[Bluedog_DB]
{
	&thermalEfficiency = 0.9
}	

Edited by 610yesnolovely

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

A note on the future:

With the KSP2 release date announcement, I'm sure you're all wondering what the future of BDB is. Well, this is probably the last "big" update for KSP1. We have some stuff coming down the line still - Zorg's fantastic Voyager Mars, as well as some small projects from myself. But we simply won't have time to take on big new expansions before that comes.

So what happens when KSP2 arrives? Well, we don't know yet. BDB isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. That goes for both KSP1 (these releases won't go anywhere) as well as KSP2 (we fully intend on carrying on our work there). What will BDB2 look like? We don't know that either. There hasn't been any information on KSP2 modding yet, so we're as in the dark as you all are. We'll have to be patient, and even once we get our hands on the specs it will be a long, long process to create something on par with BDB1. Many of the models are probably good enough to make the jump, but the shaders and textures will not. Despite that, we're excited for the future.

And on that note, I want to thank everyone who's spent the last 7+ years playing, enjoying, commenting, and sharing their creations with the mod. It has been an absolute blast, and hopefully will continue to be for many years to come.

- CobaltWolf aka Matt

Looks like we won't be seeing Voyage by Stephen Baxter or MOLAB anytime soon :( 

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.11 "вне"

iNQqSmf.png

Release Album

Downloads:

GitHub | Spacedock

Available on CKAN

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents
v1.11.0
New content and features
- Add Deployable Engines as hard dependency
- All new boiloff mechanics using System Heat as a new dependency (included by default, can be removed optionally). Boiloff can now be managed by using system heat configured radiators to provide active cryo cooling
- Skylab 25kW power module parts including large solar panels, radiators, tower structure, and docking adapter
- Skylab teleoperator retrieval system (reboost module)
- SII interstage based EOSS space station parts including aft section, large telescope, solar panels, experimental rollout solar array and more
- New nuclear engines: NERVA XE hot bleed cycle engine, NERVA full flow cycle flight engine (with aerospike option), large and powerful NERVA II, Los Alamos Small Nuclear Engine concept
- Apollo SIM bay ATM telescope
- SII wet workshop
- Mariner 3, 4 and 5
- 6.25m S4F stage for FLO HLLV (incorrectly known as Comet HLLV sometimes)
- 8m Saturn fairing inspired by FLO HLLV.
- New 2.5m Saturn fairing
- 3x variant for Saturn S1D engine mount
- Revamped Big G 1969 (cylindrical service module)
- Revamped Centaur II (atlas II) and Common Centaur/Centaur III (Atlas III and V)
- Orbital Goo Laboratory inspired by Orbital Primate Spacecraft.
- Apollo Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) parts (requires Breaking Ground DLC for robotics)
- Extended set of ALSEP ground experiments including historical experiments and proposed ones (requires Breaking Ground DLC for EVA ground science)
- 3 crew LM Taxi with uprated ascent stage variant
- LM truck cargo variant with roll-off ramp with autonomous descent stage variant
- Orbital LM Lab
- LM Shelter and Early Lunar Shelter with new experiments including 100ft drill (thanks to Gregoria Luna (Gregrox) for the telescope results)
- She-lab (Shelter Lab) with accompanying MTV vehicle.
- Lunar Flying Vehicle
- LR91 style nozzle for the single LR87 vac
- Shaddy compatibility support for blanket type solar panels using transmission shaders (backlit glow)
- Shaddy compatibility for translucent parachute shaders
- new IVA for the LM and variants (new props including detailed hatches and DSKY interface)
- Haaselblad lunar camera KIS prop (also an IVA prop)

Updates and Enhancements
- Native community category kit implementation
- Update filter extensions compatibility
- Snacks! compatibility update thanks to debaker02
- Startup fireball effects for F1 and RS68 waterfall plumes
- Add mesh switch to CADS docking ports to turn off inner hatch.
- RL10-C3 variant (thanks to Al2me6)
- New running sound for nuclear engines with Geiger clicks (Thanks to Katniss)
- Compatibility with Default Action Groups mod
- Add some KSRSS results to sci defs

Bug fixes
- Fixed Apollo IVA rotation bugs
- Fixed Gemini lander IVA rotation bug
- various minor fixes

h6ukPOR.png

A note on the future:

- CobaltWolf aka Matt

Thank you for making such an excellent mod. I've been playing KSP for years, but the artstyle never quite did it for me. Then I find mods like this in the past few months, and suddenly the possibilities seem nearly endless. Thank you guys for all your hard work. Really, thank you to this community in general. In my opinion, KSP is one of the best video game communities on the internet.

God's speed everyone. And please, don't let Jeb touch anything until I get to the VAB...

1 hour ago, Alpha512 said:

also an air-augmented aerospike if i get it right?

Yeah, the basic idea was that you can burn atmospheric oxygen with fuel rich engine exhaust for extra thrust. This also allows you to reduce the amount of LOX on board the vehicle.

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

A note on the future:

- CobaltWolf aka Matt

If you just port models and textures to KSP2, not only would you spend ages patching the old stuff to work, the artstyles aren't even going to match.  Even then, it would still take months if not years to rebuild everything from scratch for the new game! Unless Nertea is leaking some game builds for BDB to keep ahead, I don't know how you would possibly go about a making a BDB mod for KSP 2. I understand that modability is a priority feature for KSP2, but that doesn't mean it won't be a whole new unfamiliar monster to tackle! 

However you go about such a feat, I wish you luck! :D

Edited by Socowez

I just used the Lunar (Munar?) Flying Vehicle to return to Kerbin from the Mun; turns out that thing doesn't seem to have a heat limit (or my installation is somehow broken) so it protected Bill from the atmosphere! MOOSE, eat your heart out.

Made an account to say this mod has probably been one of the best gaming experiences I've had; thank you for making my 3,544 hours so enjoyable and immersive! 

Edited by Queen Ultima

I don't mean to be annoying by asking again but I don't think anyone noticed so IG this will be the last time I ask but I was curious about the possibility of ALSS as all the parts becides the habitat module itself are there.  Its bascially a base built to the profile of the SLA petals but leaving the space for the LM descent stage.  Update is epic!  

8 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Possible issue, though completely fine without mods, when I install with a bazillion other mods I have a couple of MM error/warnings from GameData/Bluedog_DB/Patches/Thermal/engines.cfg:

[LOG 15:28:08.940] Applying update
        to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Feetshield.cfg/PART[bluedog_Apollo_Feetshield]
  [ERR 15:28:08.941] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key thermalWaste = #$thermalEfficiency$
  [ERR 15:28:08.941] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key heatProduction = #$../thermalEfficiency$

[LOG 15:28:09.037] Applying update
        to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Skylab/bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe.cfg/PART[bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe]
  [ERR 15:28:09.038] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key thermalWaste = #$thermalEfficiency$
  [ERR 15:28:09.038] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key heatProduction = #$../thermalEfficiency$

I think the problem with those parts (bluedog_Apollo_Feetsheild, bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe) is they both  have ModuleEngineFX and ModuleAblator but do no set thermalEfficiency, so the engines.cfg patch does not set a default and cannot find that value to do it's work. Solution is probably adding a value to both (or catching this case in engines.cfg and using default of 0.9).

Possible MM magic cfg file that would temporarily fix this (no guarantee I get this right) included below:

Reveal hidden contents
// Minor fix

@PART[bluedog_Skylab_VFB_entryProbe]:FOR[Bluedog_DB]
{
	&thermalEfficiency = 0.9
}	

@PART[bluedog_Apollo_Feetshield]:FOR[Bluedog_DB]
{
	&thermalEfficiency = 0.9
}	

This seems to be due to having DeadlyReentry, which changes ModuleAblator, so the patch incorrectly tries to apply to those parts again. If it’s just some errors about that patch not applying, it’s safe to ignore for now till I can fix, as those parts aren’t meant to get that patch anyway.

Edit: Should be fixed now, changed !MODULE[ModuleAblator] to !RESOURCE[Ablator] in the patch.

Edited by Rodger

9 hours ago, Hybr1d said:

BDB 1.11   / ksp 1.12.3

Game freezes and crashes whenever I try to stage my rocket in space, doesn't crash in an atmosphere, I also get a B9 error when opening the rocket.

Modlist and b9 error https://imgur.com/a/J0K4sbw

Ksp log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xUDEg_qPqZEmC5bYdZN4_q4T1wGfnLHq/view?usp=sharing

Any help is welcome, thanks (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

I dont know what the cause is, I saw this B9 error on one my older craft files but not in others and not when a fresh CSM is placed in the VAB. Are you getting this with every CSM or specific saved craft? If its the later just suggest updating those saved craft with a new CSM part from the VAB part picker.

The crash and the log needs some more investigation, will get back to you. (theres a large amount of log spam, that I think might be related to one of Benjees mods)

Edited by Zorg

3 hours ago, Transformatron said:

I don't mean to be annoying by asking again but I don't think anyone noticed so IG this will be the last time I ask but I was curious about the possibility of ALSS as all the parts becides the habitat module itself are there.  Its bascially a base built to the profile of the SLA petals but leaving the space for the LM descent stage.  Update is epic!  

I think this is unlikely. I think you could kitbash something with some creativity using the Venus Flyby module though.

5 hours ago, Queen Ultima said:

I just used the Lunar (Munar?) Flying Vehicle to return to Kerbin from the Mun; turns out that thing doesn't seem to have a heat limit (or my installation is somehow broken) so it protected Bill from the atmosphere! MOOSE, eat your heart out.

Made an account to say this mod has probably been one of the best gaming experiences I've had; thank you for making my 3,544 hours so enjoyable and immersive! 

uh will check on that :P

10 hours ago, Hybr1d said:

BDB 1.11   / ksp 1.12.3

Game freezes and crashes whenever I try to stage my rocket in space, doesn't crash in an atmosphere, I also get a B9 error when opening the rocket.

Modlist and b9 error https://imgur.com/a/J0K4sbw

Ksp log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xUDEg_qPqZEmC5bYdZN4_q4T1wGfnLHq/view?usp=sharing

Any help is welcome, thanks (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

33 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I dont know what the cause is, I saw this B9 error on one my older craft files but not in others and not when a fresh CSM is placed in the VAB. Are you getting this with every CSM or specific saved craft? If its the later just suggest updating those saved craft with a new CSM part from the VAB part picker.

The crash and the log needs some more investigation, will get back to you. (theres a large amount of log spam, that I think might be related to one of Benjees mods)

Re the log spam at least, Artemis Construction Kit is much happier with both https://spacedock.info/mod/3064/Shaddy installed, and this updated http://taniwha.org/~bill/Shabby_v0.3.0.zip. it should stop spamming the log with those. Will probably speed up your game load too.

As for the crash, it *might* be to do with WBI's Kerbal Actuators, possibly with it interacting with MAS? Maybe try without KA first and see if it continues? Or double check it's updated first.

6 hours ago, Rodger said:

Re the log spam at least, Artemis Construction Kit is much happier with both https://spacedock.info/mod/3064/Shaddy installed, and this updated http://taniwha.org/~bill/Shabby_v0.3.0.zip. it should stop spamming the log with those. Will probably speed up your game load too.

As for the crash, it *might* be to do with WBI's Kerbal Actuators, possibly with it interacting with MAS? Maybe try without KA first and see if it continues? Or double check it's updated first.

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

No more crashing! Don't know if it was KA or just updating the parts but it works now, thanks guys

8 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Any chances in a future update of having recolors for Saturn parts?  I think the new KSP dev video influenced me suggesting this.

I have no idea what colors would even look great but would be nice I guess.

If you want recolor in KSP 1, best to get a recolor mod.

KSP 2 will have recolor support built in, though I doubt it will affect mod parts unless the modder allows it in the config settings. 

16 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

If you want recolor in KSP 1, best to get a recolor mod.

KSP 2 will have recolor support built in, though I doubt it will affect mod parts unless the modder allows it in the config settings. 

Most recolor mods I've seen are just adding an orange tint for example.

I finally got to do a manned mission with Skyhawk's tree. Unfortunately the Koviets beat us to the first Kerbal in space, though theirs was fully automated while ours is completely manual.

20221023105345_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u90-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzA0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dTkwLWMyNWU3MTQyLTU4YWItNDQxYS04ODhmLWZiMGM2ODE4NTZlMC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.zyfaoQ1joBWFgpnmbLWdgseJc_97DqbQQulEiZynsrg

20221023105437_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u8y-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzA0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dTh5LTRhZWFmZDFmLTQxNWItNDhmOC1iMDE0LTcyZDEzZTkzYWY4OC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.0sCPO-jsXjNo_06Q6Yj3_bYDR6shkR25YoXhiGybgBQ

20221023105836_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u8x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dTh4LWJjOThhMGY5LWQxODQtNDI5ZS1hOWUzLWM2MGQyZGM2ZTE3Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.3ww70V2bfVKuC5sqlbLnG42xyPnX_OtYtYvaHa5FECI

20221023105918_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u8u-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dTh1LTQwODI3MmRhLTlmNDEtNDgzOS05M2YwLWIwMjE0MGRiNTJmNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.msZjhtb8zCMlXq0WWVYVAaDAZuTe8ny7IDZ8uyl03XM

20221023105954_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u8s-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dThzLWQ4OGM2YmQ3LWNkMTMtNGExNS1iMmI1LTJmMTIxNjllMzAyNS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.OR1Ty72yn8mqOsqXTbXDiWb73vZlYXuhcAnRgUCIf_0

20221023110950_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u8m-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dThtLWZmN2NkNDE0LWM5MWEtNGNiYi04YTA5LTQ3NWMzNTc1MzlmYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.mL46FT9s133EXRe0zGMOcghrCYOI6tbEn_DJ7mQzIu4

Bonus goof with one of the unmanned test.

Spoiler

This unmanned test is brought to you by Source Fabric Company, Fabric so bright you might be missing something.

20221023103930_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u9b-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dTliLTYzYTg3NDJiLTI1ZjYtNGZmNi05YzQ4LWJmNmIxNTJkOTQzMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.NnoKoGe1z7_nCjRo8yTVetPX-ryLiby9W8TkzNPLlR4

20221023104222_1_by_pudgemountain_dfg5u9f-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzA0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmc1dTlmLTQ2Mjk5MDJmLTU4MWQtNGRmMS1iNjIzLTM3ZWZjOTcwY2M2MS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.-Quz-9F24IR_CA3rIkYubtHLiy7eY5863qEGfeYy88M

Though quick question are the Mercury chutes not compatible with Shaddy, or did I install it wrong or are they along with Shaddy not compatible with Realchute?

Edited by Pudgemountain

I decided to get around to making an Apollo Direct Ascent lander. @EndAllFilms requested it a while back, and I decided if I'm gonna make all these orbital vehicles, I should have a proper lander. My design is loosely based on the July 1961 proposal (middle top row).
zapcmlme.jpg
52448118842_a33c6bf131_o.png
52449083875_17c3c50e1e_o.png
52448916524_fbc5480b8d_o.png
52449159003_78a82c8026_o.png
52448119422_c1e6772779_o.png
I don't have this on KerbalX yet, I'm still playing around with it. But so far it seems to work. You have to keep the engines on for almost the whole descent. Thankfully it has enough delta V to do so, and make it back to munar orbit, and even get back to Kerbin. That is assuming you didn't use any fuel in the craft for munar orbit injection. Some pretty tight margins here (at least for me, but I am a bit of a noob/amateur on this sort of thing).

1 hour ago, Blufor878 said:

I decided to get around to making an Apollo Direct Ascent lander. @EndAllFilms requested it a while back, and I decided if I'm gonna make all these orbital vehicles, I should have a proper lander. My design is loosely based on the July 1961 proposal (middle top row).
zapcmlme.jpg
52448118842_a33c6bf131_o.png
52449083875_17c3c50e1e_o.png
52448916524_fbc5480b8d_o.png
52449159003_78a82c8026_o.png
52448119422_c1e6772779_o.png
I don't have this on KerbalX yet, I'm still playing around with it. But so far it seems to work. You have to keep the engines on for almost the whole descent. Thankfully it has enough delta V to do so, and make it back to munar orbit, and even get back to Kerbin. That is assuming you didn't use any fuel in the craft for munar orbit injection. Some pretty tight margins here (at least for me, but I am a bit of a noob/amateur on this sort of thing).

Funny thing is that the July 1961 baseline vehicle uses solid propellant motors for the circumulunar, lunar orbital and lunar landing versions (with an increasing amount of solid motors depending on the mission). There is a what I presume to be a contractor version (can't tell for sure as the document only refers to it as Design II) of Apollo that uses the conic capsule from July of 61 is all liquid storeable propellant, but with an unusual SM arrangement.

Spoiler

Pages_from_Project_Apollo_Spacecraft_Dev

Pages_from_Project_Apollo_Spacecraft_Dev

Pages_from_19690067412_1969067412.png