[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I finally got around to moving over to KSP v1.12.3 on Steam from v1.11.3 due to some kind of Steam issue when, for some unknown reason to me, they updated my v1.11.3 in the Steam Common folder.  Luckily, I saved that last KSP folder the day before that Steam issue occurred and have been running KSP independently from Steam for the last few days.

For some reason I can't open the bay on the Kane-11 Service Module and because of all the changes to parts I can't load my old BDB Saturn V where that was working just fine.   I'm running 137 mods but I was running nearly all the same mods in v1.11.3 with no issues.  I did a search for this issue and came up with nothing to help and I thought I'd try here in case this has happened to anybody else. 

The new Kane and Sarnus models are really nicely done, and I like the corrections for things like where and how the EVA and Docking lights go and that the Ullage motors on the S4 stage now decouple after use.  In my older KSP v1.11.3 I was using the small decoupler for the SubSat to decouple the S4 Ullage motors.

I still need to check if there is now a bay on the descent stage of the LM to place a microrover.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by rnyboy

22 minutes ago, rnyboy said:

For some reason I can't open the bay on the Kane-11 Service Module

It’s not an animated door anymore it’s a jettisonable part. There is a button in the part action window. I forget what it’s labelled but it might be shielding On/Off or something like that. It now features a historically accurate Sim bay layout. 

We have beaten the Koviets again!!! We have sent the first female Kerbal into space and orbit.

20221027120318_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbk7-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYms3LTQzNjM1ZDIyLWVhNzgtNGMyMS1hYjMzLTZiZGI1MzRlODQ5MC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MeojNxgHT-z_Jkn91qwNSoPQIPZIzg4_95WIqsYG7nw

Spoiler

20221027120347_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbl7-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmw3LTAzMGQ2ZjQxLWM1OTctNDc1Yy05NmU4LTliMTU0NjJmNTIzYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.wowjDpd19hsz0AAmcu2ZI5nS43sI4vXIhjzxGUx49Fc

20221027120942_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbl0-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmwwLTkwOTU4YjYxLWNkZWMtNGEzYS04N2FlLTA3ZTg2OWFiZTRiZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.uPA3iT_qr--b7zeQ6n7QM2nIRjBwJtsvPPG264jAS50

Unfortunately when getting Shaddy to work I may have accidentally deleted Conformal decals so no sticker of the vessel name lol.

20221027121039_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbku-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmt1LWE5ZDdiZmRkLWZjZTctNDQ3ZC05YWU0LTRmZDk3ZjM0ODI5MC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.2oYvszMybimuD4GS8oGpuCuj_8VoiZizwFoJ9Pv7wXA

20221027121821_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbkq-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmtxLTU2OWZmNDZlLTFhNTktNGE3Zi04MjhiLWU1ZGU5ZjA3ZjAwYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.VjIjXvGDW9t0k4v7WUsGtxmtnwQfYm0J3N7rHHwvFqo

I also got Shaddy to work.

20221027122207_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbkn-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmtuLTU2ZDk0MWE0LTlmZTItNDUzOS1iMDYzLTQ2ZjJhMDFmMTg4ZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.xGFlBcNl2iHKzPxvQ8cCd4dfesDUQdOACFglbdwTg9A

20221027122243_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbkf-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmtmLWY3YmViYzFjLTk1OTctNDMxYS1hNzU4LTFmMWFiZDA0NjUwMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.WrPsC-L-x08UrAu_P6jchjynrxbxju9SFofDgj5vVW4

20221027122317_1_by_pudgemountain_dfggbka-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmdnYmthLTk1Mzc4ZTU3LWQ1MWItNDM2Mi05NWJiLTc2OTA0NTVjMjc0Zi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.xYXqEc7AtDLT4-6jMdZ4Xgf_HloKoGUC6qSp8jFWvE0

Tune in later to see Debussy 5 Debussy 3 land on the Mun.

Edited by Pudgemountain

30 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Pwease have neptune camera support??

The camera transforms exist if someone wants to write the configs.  Would be a while before I get to it myself possibly. (cameraTransform)

if anyone is interested the orbital scan platform would have a narrow field of view and the lander camera should be wide

1 hour ago, rnyboy said:

I finally got around to moving over to KSP v1.12.3 on Steam from v1.11.3 due to some kind of Steam issue when, for some unknown reason to me, they updated my v1.11.3 in the Steam Common folder.  Luckily, I saved that last KSP folder the day before that Steam issue occurred and have been running KSP independently from Steam for the last few days.

For some reason I can't open the bay on the Kane-11 Service Module and because of all the changes to parts I can't load my old BDB Saturn V where that was working just fine.   I'm running 137 mods but I was running nearly all the same mods in v1.11.3 with no issues.  I did a search for this issue and came up with nothing to help and I thought I'd try here in case this has happened to anybody else.  Thanks in advance for any help.

The Apollo, Saturn and Skylab parts were completely revamped so anything using the older versions of those parts will be broken.

Part Uno ... Voyagers on their way to Mars!

TYuMy5y.png

Spoiler

Top probe is exposed to space as the fairings deploy:

AtXow4d.png

Once in orbit, the S-IVB separates and prepares for ejection toward Mars

gb4R7k8.png

izhJxtk.png

Once the burn is complete, the first Voyager probe is released.

Ygrm1oH.png

Shortly thereafter, the S-IVB reorients, ejects the shielding covering the second probe, then reorients again

lbKOa1B.png

And releases the second probe. Both probes configure for cruise, and will do their MCCs at different times to ensure different arrival times at Mars.

8jB96eZ.png

My pictures don't do these parts justice - they look incredible in game!

Part Dos later ... 

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh, honey...

Hi CobaltWolf...  This is a great mod and I can't even remember when I started using it.

Actually, in my old v1.11.3, I made a small collapsible rover using two small hinges that connected three small panels.  The first and last panel had the standard collapsible lunar rover wheels attached and the hinges folded everything down to pretty much the size of a small panel.   Because there was no "same vessel interaction" I could then use the small long hinge and a small decoupler attached to the bottom of the middle panel of the rover to move the packed rover out past the side of the descent stage.  After decoupling the collapsed wheels would just clear the landing legs and when extending the wheels the rover would essentially push its back end off the hinge/decoupler and freely ride down the landing legs to stop just a bit away from the LM ready for the two kerbals to use.    I was quite proud that it actually worked out.  Internally it fit pretty well, at least you couldn't see anything from the outside when packed except for a tiny bit of exposed hinge pin sticking out at the bottom of the LM descent stage side.   That was kind of nice because I didn't have to assign the extraction phase to an action group.

4 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

The Apollo, Saturn and Skylab parts were completely revamped so anything using the older versions of those parts will be broken.

Thanks, I already figured that out when I looked at the new parts.  I was using the "stock" version of the new BDB Saturn V and saw the SM bay and panels for enclosing the LM wouldn't open.  I thought something must be wrong so I checked the dependencies and started looking into issues with other mods after posting my problem with the SM here.

I haven't gone back to check on what Zorg said but it looks like everything is likely OK and it was just another case of IOC (Insufficient Operator Capability).;.;

This is my favorite ship/parts mod.  I certainly ranks up there with the other "best of the bests" like MechJeb2, KER, tweakscale, the various procedural parts type stuff, etc

2nd Edit...  Thanks Zorg and Entr8899 for help/input.  Sure enough, the SM "Shielding" button was the key.  I was just expecting it to be the same "Open Payload Bay" as the last version I was using and didn't even notice the shielding bit when looking at the SM description.  I've just been tweaking things to get a 80km LKO with having the S-IV engine just barely firing to hit the initial 80km apogee and hopefully using less than 150 dV to circularize.

In the KSP v1.11.3 I was using my tweaked BDB Saturn V, CSM, LM with rover would hit the 80km orbit using only about 150 dV  on the S-IV leaving about 900 dV for the TLI.  At Launch it would take about 11s to clear the tower.     

Edited by rnyboy

Phase II complete! Each probe had a couple small MCCs, and arrived safely in Mars orbit. 

Avea9YG.png

ipSGwRN.png

Now each probe focuses on imaging potential landing sites, taking scientific measurements, and sending their findings back to Earth. Tomorrow we deploy the first lander! Good luck to everyone else trying this, too!

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Crap, really? Guess we'll find out if it works...

And yeah. Like I said, probably need more parts for this to work. I might try and make a new APS unit that fits this sort of task better ie has a reverse thruster.

Weellll I have an answer for this but it is likely not something you will want to spend the time on... the S-IVC Ring tug.

It was about 1 or 1.5 meters tall (I don't have the drawing in front of me ATM)    I DMed it to you when I first got the Saturn C-2 and C-3 documents because that was where I found it (and the S-IVC!) :D   Oh I think there were like 32 RCS ports on the tug.  The Tug was capable of docking on either end of the S-IVC.

Also C-3 daisy chain to the moon (and beyond) used side docking ports to refuel the S-IVC chain in orbit from fresh launched S-IVB tankers (probably S-IVD)   There was no drawing for that however as I recall (or I would have DMed it as well.)

NTRS report 19740076058

that is a contractor document so you will only find it on web.archive.org

9 hours ago, rnyboy said:

I still need to check if there is now a bay on the descent stage of the LM to place a microrover.

You might want to check out the release album for BDB v1.11 https://imgur.com/a/OINRU2w

1 hour ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

How would i remove system heat as a dependency for BDB's Boiloff Mechanics? 

In Esc menu > Settings > Difficulty Options > System Heat, you can disable it.

Edited by Rodger

14 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Crap, really? Guess we'll find out if it works...

I feel like I've done multi docking with the MOL parts (dual keel MOL stuff I think). Needs to be very exact but thats what these parts are for. Best I remember all the ports did dock (not just physically line up and not actually dock).

Edited by Zorg

OlVOvC0.png

bkpYMp1.png

GYJyhoU.png

8raZzGu.png

taMrvRw.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

More Mars Voyager tax. So, I didn't realize the heat shield wasn't full on ablator, so to save the mission, I used ignore max temp cheat. IDK, if the heat shield will fully survive Eve's reentry at full ablator, but I wanted to see if this thing could land on Eve. Answer, yes, but not propulsively. You NEED a parachute. Even then, I fired the engines right before touchdown to lower the speed from about 5 m/s to 3 m/s. But it did land, albeit maybe a little roughly. 

Oh, and yes, this is 2.5x scale. 

Also, bonus image: Doin a little slide slippin.

QAMilsn.png

Edit: So I tested it with full heat shield ablator and it still wants to side slip, but it somehow survives, and it has ablator left over. This is reentry from a 156.5ish km Ap and a 91.5ish Pe

Edited by GoldForest

17 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

So, I didn't realize the heat shield wasn't full on ablator

Yeah I reduced the amount of default ablator becuase

a) the amount required for Mars/Duna is very low even at 2.7x

b) ablator is very heavy and the deorbit motor is quite anemic as it is

That said the max ablator amount should be reasonable for a shield of its compared to stock parts I guess and can be increased.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Yeah I reduced the amount of default ablator becuase

a) the amount required for Mars/Duna is very low even at 2.7x

b) ablator is very heavy and the deorbit motor is quite anemic as it is

That said the max ablator amount should be reasonable for a shield of its compared to stock parts I guess and can be increased.

The weight of the heat shield might need to be improved. It wants to flip around on reentry into Eve. Or increase the power of the RCS or torque of the reaction wheels. 

And finally, last but not least, Laythe. This one had no problems and didn't try to flip over, though, I would suggest you plan your arrival carefully, seeing as Laythe is mostly ocean, of course.

qaeOMYH.png

RguN0Xu.png

TnZKCBm.png

u95DppX.png

B7Sjl1N.png

bt4YNsY.png

hnTMzgq.png

Z4ZZa5W.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Sorry for the high volume on this picture shoot, couldn't decide on 5 or 6. So you get an extra 3. :P

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

The weight of the heat shield might need to be improved. It wants to flip around on reentry into Eve. Or increase the power of the RCS or torque of the reaction wheels. 

I've done some tweaks for reentry stability if you want to test, on dev now.