[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

2.5x and I used Agena to slow down to a point that Ranger can land. Then I tipped it over, and released the ball.

Thanks btw! :D

You're welcome! Someone other than me might call that cheating though. I default to a little-known quote I once heard onboard ship during a Navy inspection:

"If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'!" 

:lol:

I think the dev team used to much explodium when they built the hard lander. I once (after many, many tries) got it to touch down at 22 m/s and all I got to show for it was a large puff of lunar regolith and scattered parts. :)

Edited by DaveyJ576

Hello. Recently i've decided to start a new playthrough with BDB installed but encountered some wierd crashes that doesn't happend previously. 

Game crashes right after yellow loading bar got fully filled and before "rotating planets" loading.  After doing some research i've managed to pinpoint the crash to the bdb or some of it's dependencies. 

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E6ZItfB9gUrv-fFZJXgQ5QyYh9Y-3aTi/view?usp=share_link
Thank you:D!

On 11/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, Zorg said:

I presume you mean RS-56 OSA as OBA is the booster engine. I think when we last checked either the OSA had the exact same stats as the final LR105 branded engine or possibly so close we didnt bother (1 or 2 seconds maybe). I'll have to double check.

I suppose there is no harm adding the subtype if its the later case, back then (around the Titan update), we were more reluctant to add minor subtypes as we were just getting our heads around B9 module switching.

RS-56OSA is literally the same Specs with much of the same bell structure... While the OBA was RS-27/H-1 (so bigger better LR89 derived) the OSA was basically still just an LR105-NA-7 with a new Fancy Schmancy name

On 12/1/2022 at 9:31 PM, ra4nd0m said:

Hello. Recently i've decided to start a new playthrough with BDB installed but encountered some wierd crashes that doesn't happend previously. 

Game crashes right after yellow loading bar got fully filled and before "rotating planets" loading.  After doing some research i've managed to pinpoint the crash to the bdb or some of it's dependencies. 

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E6ZItfB9gUrv-fFZJXgQ5QyYh9Y-3aTi/view?usp=share_link
Thank you:D!

I don't really see anything pointing to BDB, how much RAM do you have? It might just be running out of memory.

With AstronomersVisualPack as well as BDB and other part mods, 16GB may just not be enough. Maybe try a lower res texture pack for AVP? The error in your log is basically always caused by running out of memory.

57 minutes ago, Rodger said:

With AstronomersVisualPack as well as BDB and other part mods, 16GB may just not be enough. Maybe try a lower res texture pack for AVP? The error in your log is basically always caused by running out of memory.

Thanks for the tip. It seems that memory management in Windows is lacking. I've tinkered a bit with swap file and it helped. It seems that something broke between windows updates and this issue appeared.

Well, now it is done can anyone suggest me which mods fit nicely with BDB? I enjoy playing with restock parts but mostly they don't fit nicely due to size differences and tweakscale is out of question.

Edited by ra4nd0m

I've downloaded the latest version of this mod, however it seems the Skylab truss part (skylab.ATM.truss) isn't being loaded into the game. I tried the prebuilt craft in a test sandbox mode, but the part was said to be missing. I haven't seen B9 or Module Manager give any errors regarding that part. I also haven't tried modifying the install and the parts list in anyway.

Anyone have a similar issue or have an idea of what it could be? I can post logs or anything else that may help if needed.

Other than that, the mod is working beautifully and I'm really enjoying it. Cheers.

1 minute ago, Dnaha said:

I've downloaded the latest version of this mod, however it seems the Skylab truss part (skylab.ATM.truss) isn't being loaded into the game. I tried the prebuilt craft in a test sandbox mode, but the part was said to be missing. I haven't seen B9 or Module Manager give any errors regarding that part. I also haven't tried modifying the install and the parts list in anyway.

Anyone have a similar issue or have an idea of what it could be? I can post logs or anything else that may help if needed.

Other than that, the mod is working beautifully and I'm really enjoying it. Cheers.

Do you have the Breaking Ground DLC? It's required for the ATM truss (as a robotic part)

3 hours ago, SynFuZe said:

This mod adds so much for a geek like myself. The textures, part details, functionality, & sounds are just beautiful.

I am wondering if parts for the Minotaur 1 rocket will be added. And if SLS/Artemis parts will ever be included in the mod.

Artemis Construction Kit has parts to recreate SLS. DylanSemrau was working on a Minotaur I/Minuteman part mod before he quit KSP modding.

49 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Artemis Construction Kit has parts to recreate SLS. DylanSemrau was working on a Minotaur I/Minuteman part mod before he quit KSP modding.

You can consider ArCK To be BDB adjacent along with all of @benjee10's mods.     Benjee and CobaltWolf work to nearly the same level of fidelity, reality and quality.   Each is better in certain areas but they are so close together it would be like choosing between Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci to do a painting/drawing.  The fact is there are parts shared between the two artists in BDB as well as Habtech2/ArCK/ShuCK

Sorry I won't stop putting the letter R in that acronym...   ARC sounds sooooo much nicer than ACK!    You say ACK when things go wrong! :D

3 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Thanks for the tip. It seems that memory management in Windows is lacking. I've tinkered a bit with swap file and it helped. It seems that something broke between windows updates and this issue appeared.

Well, now it is done can anyone suggest me which mods fit nicely with BDB? I enjoy playing with restock parts but mostly they don't fit nicely due to size differences and tweakscale is out of question.

Tantares

Moroz (X-20 dynasoar specifically made for BDB titan)

Commonwealth Rockets/CRE (I really liked kitbashing stuff from this together with early BDB rockets)

Artemis Construction Kit

Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit

Habtech

Near Future Launch Vehicles

Near Future Exploration

Kerbal Atomics

McDoubles H2/H2A mod

Asbury Western Star Industries (Kistler mod)

Rocket Motor Menagerie

ORANGES (Shuttle Derived stuff in development but public beta is out now, also BDB author Invaderchaos is one of the co-authors)

Universal Storage II

I probably missed a few.

PS there are still some sizes that might be unique to BDB but you can get creative with adapters.

Edited by Zorg

35 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I probably missed a few.

PS there are still some sizes that might be unique to BDB but you can get creative with adapters.

Thank you very much!!! 

Now it's time to make some  unholy abominations perfectly fine rockets!

BTW why are version names are in russian? Is this some kind of inside joke (like american rockets and version is in russian)?

Yeah and вне is while a correct translation for beyond it sounds terribly broken cause it is not a noun in russian. It is preposition or adverb.

Better use бесконечность. It means infinity in russian but also holds meaning of something that lays beyond.

So @Zorg  If you ever need help with russian translation feel free to ping me. I've got quite the experience!

Edited by ra4nd0m

4 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Hephaistos is a good Mod for that. It adds the Vulcain in the style of BDB

5 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Both Roverdude's Orion and the Stockish Project Orion mods fit well with BDB especially since they fit on the Saturn S-II stage for launch.

While taking a bit of a break in between phases of modpack development, I decided to launch a totally normal Skylab mission.

pVrRl6o.png

x5cNvsO.png

This is definitely your standard typical Skylab configuration with no changes made. Definitely.

jM5VhZM.png

Apologies for the strange motion blur effects that appear in some of these screenshots, I was having issues with Scatterer versions.

TbFl8gM.png

If you hadn't figured it out already, this is probably the point where you start to realize that maybe this isn't the historical Skylab configuration.

P2PR5BB.png

TfSWU4h.png

This is a wet workshop configuration. But why launch it on a Saturn V instead of a Saturn IB..?

DkuIifm.png

The answer is that it has a very different destination.

Rpf78uA.png

Behold, Moonlab 1!

This is a very fun thing to do with Skylab parts. In a proper career game I'd probably set it up with a Spacelab configuration, and then add a docking adapter capable of docking with lunar modules.

Sent Mun Pie 7 to the Mun and then a unmanned probe to orbit Jool.

20221202101004_1_by_pudgemountain_dfjdy0x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmpkeTB4LWE4ODc5MzNmLTMzMDAtNDhkZS1iOWRjLTk2MDhhNjQzMzRmZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.miT5iXwFBaryj8hk0dXSFHQ1GYy1NlNb7RNAag9b5yw

I found a mod that adds airplane parts including Nav lights so I used them on Mun Pie 7.

20221202110710_1_by_pudgemountain_dfjdy0v-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmpkeTB2LTVlNDZmZTRhLTRkMTAtNGFjNy05NmY0LThhZTIwMTgyYTQwZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.hHGML1usVAyuTaFnJX2bSjnl954iGJJYPPJXBg4jVSA

The Jool mission went well....until it crashed into Bop.

20221202123040_1_by_pudgemountain_dfjdy0t-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmpkeTB0LTI1MWU4ODcxLTM5ZTgtNDYzZi1iOTUxLTRmMWM0N2Y5MTJlNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.i07jnsBF5kTxPc6_z2x6IApPnfgQactopjrr9nh0Lw8

20221202124318_1_by_pudgemountain_dfjdy0r-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmpkeTByLWYzZDVkMjQ2LTI5NmItNGYwMi04NTNlLWVhYjJiZGQ3ZWY2NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.WL3lBqk0B8T3MEGRnV3_ivMh30eR0PpEIYqhxOv1JtU

Fortunately those missions gave me enough science to finally unlock full Apollo.

20221202131155_1_by_pudgemountain_dfjdy0q-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmpkeTBxLWUzOWUxN2ZjLTg2YmItNGFhNS1iYjEyLWE4MTRkNmExODI2YS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.m0vP1ezVUmU0QgGh0-VKUOATKbInews57IhOxYZvPBQ