[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

53 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

There's a Scatterer setting called something like "waves interact with ships". It's on by default and can make small craft bounce a lot.

You can turn off wave interaction at the KSC view, open Scatterer settings (f10 hotkey?), go to ocean settings, find the wave interaction checkbox and turn it off. I'm working from memory and may have mis-described some of the steps, but it's definitely a checkbox that needs to be turned off in the Scatterer window.

Tested it, and No Bouncing / barely any

7pveJfO.png

Edited by Adam-Kerman

6 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@Zorg what would have docked to those berthing ports?

If you go a few pages back you can find a few things. Manned free flyers were one of them. I think a spacelab/Michaelangelo like module was another 

Edit: these.

unknown.png?width=1071&height=804

unknown.png

Edited by GoldForest

10 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@Zorg what would have docked to those berthing ports?

from what I can tell the berthing ports are so the tower can be oriented in different ways. Although for skylab mostly I've seen it with a single APAS on the bottom. 

Revitalization of an Oasis Among The Stars: Featuring Space Shuttle Challenger

Eo8bLu2.jpgly4XYo4.jpgnpljJgO.jpgYjvBdHZ.jpg

Can't wait to fully conduct the Shuttle Skylab missions with these wonderful parts! The question is, do the Shuttles take the classic shuttle stack or a Saturn-Shuttle to orbit?

1 hour ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Can't wait to fully conduct the Shuttle Skylab missions with these wonderful parts! The question is, do the Shuttles take the classic shuttle stack or a Saturn-Shuttle to orbit?

IIRC this proposal was flung along with the boost assist missions, so around the late 1970s. I'd say they were already focused on the traditional stack we are used too.

IRK8H5A.png

QLBA0Zi.png

H0AXfw0.png

Skylab is almost inside the atmosphere, hovering at around 90km, a mere 5km from the start of its death plung... Thankfully, a hero is on her way with a very special payload to help Skylab.  

(Teaser images for next time)

Edited by GoldForest

13 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@CobaltWolf, how hard would it be to model the inflatable tunnel for the Mercury Lab? It would be very cool but I imagine kinda tricky to render... It would have to be jettisonable too...

We've discussed this about 6 months back. It's just tricky to do in game and a whole lot of other problems. 

On 4/20/2022 at 12:59 PM, Zorg said:

Coming sooner than you think.

I didn't think about it until now.  But this solar assembly could be used as a representative but incorrect representation of the Russian Science Power Platform for the ISS.  

19 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

More like a lot of work for an unique part that has no use beyond Mercury lab.

No tricky is the best way to describe it.   The Inflatable tube would have to dock at both the CM and the Mercury Lab.   Docking at two places is not a stock KSP thing on it's own.  Then you would have to be able to egress through the dock like it is a door when not using the Inflatable tube on the CM.   Just one big mess that would break the game 99.9% of the time for a visual improvement for the 0.1%.

16 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Revitalization of an Oasis Among The Stars: Featuring Space Shuttle Challenger

Eo8bLu2.jpgly4XYo4.jpgnpljJgO.jpgYjvBdHZ.jpg

You know, Alt History neat maybe Idea.    Skylab + Power Tower + Skylab B?    With Shuttle Docking below the power tower perpendicular to the plane of the two skylabs?

*BTW chose to post this idea on this post because these images are pretty awesome!*

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

More like a lot of work for an unique part that has no use beyond Mercury lab.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

No tricky is the best way to describe it.   The Inflatable tube would have to dock at both the CM and the Mercury Lab.   Docking at two places is not a stock KSP thing on it's own.  Then you would have to be able to egress through the dock like it is a door when not using the Inflatable tube on the CM.   Just one big mess that would break the game 99.9% of the time for a visual improvement for the 0.1%.

I suspected that would be the case. Too bad, but it clearly is not worth the effort by the dev team. Thank you for the explanations!