Jump to content

[1.12.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.11.0 "вне" 22/Oct/2022)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

I got the film-return contract that follows the Keyhole/Spyglass missions and I've been having trouble getting the results from the camera experiment into the sample return capsule without a Kerbal.

I saw that there was a "Collect All" action in action groups for the return capsule, so I set it. But, when I used it, it didn't work. I did the following:

  1. Launch the thing into orbit.
  2. Run the camera experiment.
  3. Press action group 1 to "Collect All".
  4. Expected: The return capsule should have the results from the camera inside.
  5. Actual: Nothing happens.

Is there something wrong going on here?

I've had reports of this not working for some people, but in my test install this is working fine so i suspect there's some mod that interferes. Could you provide a mod list?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

Didnt have time to test extensively but I believe the payload should be appropriately shielded now. Please see if performance is ok.

I am pleased to report that the vehicle performed exceptionally, exceeding the variant shielded with the fairing inside the SLA with 300 m/s more remaining in the S-IVC.

Edited by Jcking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I've had reports of this not working for some people, but in my test install this is working fine so i suspect there's some mod that interferes. Could you provide a mod list?

Spoiler

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.0.9)
4kSP_Expanded (4kSPExpanded 0.2.1.6)
All Y'All (AllYAll 1:0.11.19.1)
AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads (ModularLaunchPads 2.3.3)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.11.0.0)
Antenna Helper (AntennaHelper 2:1.0.7.7)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.3)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Better SR Bs (BetterSRBs 1.2.6)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
Blast Awesomeness Modifier (BAM) (BAMCont 1.3.3.4)
Bluedog Design Bureau (BluedogDB v1.10.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
CommNet Relays (ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays v2.1.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v5.2.0.0)
Community Parts Titles (CommunityPartsTitles 0.9.2)
Community Parts Titles Extras: Categories (CommunityPartsTitlesExtrasCategory 0.9.2)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace v2.0.2.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.3)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus (ContractConfigurator-ExplorationPlus 2.0.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Crew R&R (CrewQueueTwo 1.1.11.3)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.4)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.4)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:2.0.6)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.22.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.7)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.7)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Dock Rotate (DockRotate v1.12.1.55)
Docking Cam (DockingCamKURS 1.3.8.3)
Docking Port Sound FX (DockingPortSoundFX v2.1.12)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.3.5)
EditorTime (EditorTime KSP1.4.1)
Engine Lighting Relit (EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.6.1)
Extra Docking Ports (ExtraDockingPorts v1.2.0)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.5)
Fill It Up (FillitUp 0.2.0.3)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 3.2.7)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.7)
Galileo's Planet Pack (GPP 1:1.6.8.0)
GPP Textures (GPPTextures 4.2.1)
GravityTurn Continued (GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.2.2)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0.2)
Haystack ReContinued (HaystackReContinued 0.5.7.4)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
IndicatorLights (IndicatorLights 1.8.2)
IndicatorLights Community Extensions (IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions 1.6.2)
JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5)
KEI (KEI 1.2.10.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Atomics - Other Mod Support (KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport 1.3.3)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1:1.4.11.2)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.6.1)
KipDockingPorts (KipDockingPorts v1.0)
KipEng Agency (KipEng-Agency v1.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-90)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.6.3)
LoadingTipsPlus (LoadingTipsPlus V1.9)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.5)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.1.0)
Minimum Ambient Lighting Updated (MinAmbLightUpd 1.2.6.2)
Moar Filter Extension Configs (MoarFEConfigs 1.0.5.2)
MOAR Station Science (MOARStationScience v2.6.1.2)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.1)
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 (NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.1.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.7)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.6)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.6)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v6.2)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.3.0)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Essential Textures and Flag (MainSailorTextures-Essentials 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Fairings Textures (MainSailorTextures-Fairings 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Historic Textures (MainSailorTextures-Historical 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Theta Textures (MainSailorTextures-Theta 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1.2)
QuickExit (QuickExit 1:2.2.0.8)
QuickGoTo (QuickGoTo 1:1.4.0.9)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch 1:3.3.1)
QuickStart (QuickStart 1:2.2.1.1)
Rational Resources (RationalResources 1.33)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.8)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.3)
ReCoupler (ReCoupler 1:1.3.5)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.3)
SafeChute (SafeChute v2.1.20)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0772)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0835)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0835)
ScrapYard (SYD) (ScrapYard 2.2.1.0)
Sensible Pumps Continued (SensiblePumpsCont 1.3.0.1)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.6.0)
Simple Adjustable Fairings - Plugin (SimpleAdjustableFairings v1.12.0)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Snacks (Snacks v1.27.5)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
Speed Unit Annex (SpeedUnitAnnex 1.4.4)
Staged Animation (StagedAnimation v2.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.5.4)
Station Keeping (StationKeeping 1:0.2.2.2)
Stock Waterfall Effects (StockWaterfallEffects 0.6.3)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.6)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Internal Spaces (StationPartsExpansionRedux-IVAs 2.0.6)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.5.6)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.5.6)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.5.6)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.8)
The SSR MicroSat: 0.35m Probe Parts Revived (MicroSatRevived 0.1.4.1)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.7)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
TooManyOrbits (TooManyOrbits 1.1.6.4)
Tracking Station Evolved (TrackingStationEvolved 7.0)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TrimIndicators (TrimIndicators 0.1.0.4)
TUFX (TUFX 1.0.2.3)
ULA Vulcan (ULAVulcan 1.2)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.0.7)
Waterfall - Restock (WaterfallRestock 0.2.3)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.8.1)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.3)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

Edited by bigyihsuan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jcking said:

I am pleased to report that the vehicle performed exceptionally, exceeding the variant shielded with the fairing inside with 300 m/s more remaining in the S-IVC.

I should probably get rid of the custom drag cube or at least increase the area back to closer to the default values since that wasnt the cause in the end :P

4 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:
  Hide contents

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.0.9)
4kSP_Expanded (4kSPExpanded 0.2.1.6)
All Y'All (AllYAll 1:0.11.19.1)
AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads (ModularLaunchPads 2.3.3)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.11.0.0)
Antenna Helper (AntennaHelper 2:1.0.7.7)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.3)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Better SR Bs (BetterSRBs 1.2.6)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
Blast Awesomeness Modifier (BAM) (BAMCont 1.3.3.4)
Bluedog Design Bureau (BluedogDB v1.10.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
CommNet Relays (ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays v2.1.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v5.2.0.0)
Community Parts Titles (CommunityPartsTitles 0.9.2)
Community Parts Titles Extras: Categories (CommunityPartsTitlesExtrasCategory 0.9.2)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace v2.0.2.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.3)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus (ContractConfigurator-ExplorationPlus 2.0.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Crew R&R (CrewQueueTwo 1.1.11.3)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.4)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.4)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:2.0.6)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.22.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.7)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.7)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Dock Rotate (DockRotate v1.12.1.55)
Docking Cam (DockingCamKURS 1.3.8.3)
Docking Port Sound FX (DockingPortSoundFX v2.1.12)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.3.5)
EditorTime (EditorTime KSP1.4.1)
Engine Lighting Relit (EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.6.1)
Extra Docking Ports (ExtraDockingPorts v1.2.0)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.5)
Fill It Up (FillitUp 0.2.0.3)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 3.2.7)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.7)
Galileo's Planet Pack (GPP 1:1.6.8.0)
GPP Textures (GPPTextures 4.2.1)
GravityTurn Continued (GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.2.2)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0.2)
Haystack ReContinued (HaystackReContinued 0.5.7.4)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
IndicatorLights (IndicatorLights 1.8.2)
IndicatorLights Community Extensions (IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions 1.6.2)
JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5)
KEI (KEI 1.2.10.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Atomics - Other Mod Support (KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport 1.3.3)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1:1.4.11.2)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.6.1)
KipDockingPorts (KipDockingPorts v1.0)
KipEng Agency (KipEng-Agency v1.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-90)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.6.3)
LoadingTipsPlus (LoadingTipsPlus V1.9)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.5)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.1.0)
Minimum Ambient Lighting Updated (MinAmbLightUpd 1.2.6.2)
Moar Filter Extension Configs (MoarFEConfigs 1.0.5.2)
MOAR Station Science (MOARStationScience v2.6.1.2)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.1)
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 (NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.1.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.7)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.6)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.6)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v6.2)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.3.0)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Essential Textures and Flag (MainSailorTextures-Essentials 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Fairings Textures (MainSailorTextures-Fairings 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Historic Textures (MainSailorTextures-Historical 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Theta Textures (MainSailorTextures-Theta 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1.2)
QuickExit (QuickExit 1:2.2.0.8)
QuickGoTo (QuickGoTo 1:1.4.0.9)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch 1:3.3.1)
QuickStart (QuickStart 1:2.2.1.1)
Rational Resources (RationalResources 1.33)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.8)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.3)
ReCoupler (ReCoupler 1:1.3.5)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.3)
SafeChute (SafeChute v2.1.20)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0772)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0835)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0835)
ScrapYard (SYD) (ScrapYard 2.2.1.0)
Sensible Pumps Continued (SensiblePumpsCont 1.3.0.1)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.6.0)
Simple Adjustable Fairings - Plugin (SimpleAdjustableFairings v1.12.0)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Snacks (Snacks v1.27.5)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
Speed Unit Annex (SpeedUnitAnnex 1.4.4)
Staged Animation (StagedAnimation v2.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.5.4)
Station Keeping (StationKeeping 1:0.2.2.2)
Stock Waterfall Effects (StockWaterfallEffects 0.6.3)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.6)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Internal Spaces (StationPartsExpansionRedux-IVAs 2.0.6)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.5.6)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.5.6)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.5.6)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.8)
The SSR MicroSat: 0.35m Probe Parts Revived (MicroSatRevived 0.1.4.1)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.7)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
TooManyOrbits (TooManyOrbits 1.1.6.4)
Tracking Station Evolved (TrackingStationEvolved 7.0)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TrimIndicators (TrimIndicators 0.1.0.4)
TUFX (TUFX 1.0.2.3)
ULA Vulcan (ULAVulcan 1.2)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.0.7)
Waterfall - Restock (WaterfallRestock 0.2.3)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.8.1)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.3)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

 

Could you see if removing x-science and launching a fresh craft works?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jcking said:

I am pleased to report that the vehicle performed exceptionally, exceeding the variant shielded with the fairing inside with 300 m/s more remaining in the S-IVC.

Hmm, I did a test flight last night with the not patched git, and was able to get to 150 x 150km with about a 1000 m/s give or take 100 m/s in the S-IVC. 

Are you playing on RSS or larger than 2.5x system?

Edit: Or did you mean 300 more than last flight? 

Edited by GoldForest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Hmm, I did a test flight last night with the not patched git, and was able to get to 150 x 150km with about a 1000 m/s give or take 100 m/s in the S-IVC. 

Are you playing on RSS or larger than 2.5x system?

2.7 scale system with a 38.8 ton lander 8.2 meters height, 6.3 meters diameter plus block V for payload, which was within the margins set by a successful test with a block V and a 39.5 ton ore container as payload.

Edited by Jcking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jcking said:

2.7 scale system with a 38.8 ton lander 8.2 meters height, 6.3 meters diameter plus block V for payload, which was within the margins set by a successful test with a block V and a 39.5 ton ore container as payload.

Ah, so you meant 300 m/s more than last test? 

Also, custom lander or Artemis/Altair?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Ah, so you meant 300 m/s more than last test? 

Also, custom lander or Artemis/Altair?

these exact details dont really matter to me so long as there isnt payload induced drag anymore. Ive pushed a new commit just now with a less silly drag cube for the H03 SLA and also the same fix for the regular jettison SLA and 4.25m straight SLA panels. The fix ultimately was to put a cargobay module on the panels themselves as the one on the base somehow wasnt working as intended.

Edited by Zorg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also the new Apollo casuals no longer work with comfortable landing. When i right click on it during re-entry there is no longer an "activate pre -landing mode" option. Im not sure if this is something you need to do on your rend, or something on their end so if its on their end let me know and i can the dev  of the mod 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DaOPCreeper said:

Also the new Apollo casuals no longer work with comfortable landing. When i right click on it during re-entry there is no longer an "activate pre -landing mode" option. Im not sure if this is something you need to do on your rend, or something on their end so if its on their end let me know and i can the dev  of the mod 

Compatibility is provided by CL so you you need to contact them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Could you see if removing x-science and launching a fresh craft works?

In my experience x-science doesn't break the collect experiment function. But using its Science Here-and-Now window to run experiments can break things if the part uses `DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric` instead of `ModuleScienceExperiment` (like the BDB cameras) resulting in no valid science being logged in the first place. If that's the case here it's best to run all experiments manually and *only* rely on x-science for notifications and tracking. 

Details here from last year — 

 

Edited by somnambulist
Clarity and fix phone typing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, Zorg said:

The Skylab Teleoperator Retreival System is now on github in an early alpha state. Consists of a probe core (with 6 axis attitude control), optional solar panels, and independent prolusion kits each of which contains a large store of monopropellant and 8 thrusters (this works as an engine not RCS). 

Image

Image

Image

Theres also a camera (with light), some separate lights, and an omni antenna (attached to the propulsion kit here).

Image

Little 0.3125m docking ports for probes. The top node of the probe core can be switched from the 0.625m point (for the apollo port) to this flat end like below.

Image

Image

Image

FINALLY

A squared satellite bus for BDB :D

On 4/20/2022 at 3:11 PM, Kuiper_Belt said:

Modular Skylab

CnUUdwa.jpguDmIR3L.jpgvSxW5xw.jpg

I think its beautifully cursed! 

Can't wait to send the Shuttles to Skylab with that bad boy! Those parts are beautiful! Fantastic work as always!

An OPSEK/Tiangong in steroids. Very nice :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1974 in Spaceflight: Miscellaneous Orbital Launches:

June 1974: Mariner 10 makes its second flyby of the planet Mercury. Having already corrected its trajectory to be coplanar with Mercury's orbit, this second encounter can make a much closer approach to the planet, skimming a mere 40km above the southern hemisphere...

EwMlodl.png

Quote

Nq4a0ts.png

K5zh31J.png

NbmyFd1.png

tPBdD7J.png

At least one more flyby is expected before the spacecraft's maneuvering fuel is depleted, with the possibility of a fourth sometime next year.

 

July: Helios-A launches aboard the first Titan IIIE/Centaur. Launch goes well, proving the new launch vehicle's capabilities, unfortunately a hardware failure on the spacecraft crippled its electrical system and left Helios with a critical power shortage. This effectively doomed the mission. Close-up studies of the Sun will have to wait for Helios-B's launch...

p9eTCBI.png

Quote

1YgL0N4.png

aPGk6D7.png

ZKgYq6L.png

lxmtW9V.png

VhdFuPS.png

2phGhcP.png

Ju02QjE.png

 

July: Commercial contract satellite launched to HEO on Delta 2000:

Quote

00dC6A8.png

cA95tWu.png

dqDFyt2.png

 

September: Seasat launches from Vandenberg AFB on a modified Atlas E/F. I don't care that I'm a couple years early, I wanted to do it now.

fx7ZjMO.png

Quote

PcXa6V4.png

CcxHHMi.png

7K5dzWQ.png

CLxAHzL.png

 

September: Westar 1 launches to GEO, on another Delta 2000:

mDe0Tia.png

Quote

dXjEYPw.png

DNbo1oN.png

2LWO5ry.png

 

In other news, Skylab 3 has been onboard the station during the last two months, but I'll save that for a dedicated post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, somnambulist said:

In my experience x-science doesn't break the collect experiment function. But using its Science Here-and-Now window to run experiments can break things if the part uses `DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric` instead of `ModuleScienceExperiment` (like the BDB cameras) resulting in no valid science being logged in the first place. If that's the case here it's best to run all experiments manually and *only* rely on x-science for notifications and tracking. 

Details here from last year — 

 

Hm. Good to know! Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

So, if I wanna make the Skylab meteorite shield bust the solar panel on it's own as it ejects, is there a way I can do that?

No. You either need to add a decoupler to the solar panel or open it during launch. It will break off once the Saturn V reaches between 250 to 350 m/s. 

And IRL it wasn't the meteorite shield that broke the solar panel off, it was the S-II interstage's retro rockets firing, IIRC. 

Edited by GoldForest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

No. You either need to add a decoupler to the solar panel or open it during launch. It will break off once the Saturn V reaches between 250 to 350 m/s. 

And IRL it wasn't the meteorite shield that broke the solar panel off, it was the S-II interstage's retro rockets firing, IIRC. 

Really? Curious... Did it get caught in the rocket blast?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

Really? Curious... Did it get caught in the rocket blast?

Yeah, it did.  Also, I should say that the MS did loosen the solar array but didn't tear it off. The blast from the retros is what sheared it off. There's no real way to simulate this in KSP, so you're left with one of two options:
1) Add a small decoupler to the Solar Array and detach it at S-II sep
2) Open it during lift off. Yes, lift off. If you open it later, the atmospheric/wind forces aren't enough to rip it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@Zorg Will you be adding the 25kw radiator, or no? 

Its planned but not sure when. It was optional by the time of the later designs for the PT and I dont think it was to be used on skylab. But anyway yeah I will make one eventually.

2 hours ago, shakuvendell said:

So, if I wanna make the Skylab meteorite shield bust the solar panel on it's own as it ejects, is there a way I can do that?

I did try to add a cheeky collider to the left side of the shield but apparently for this kind of object self collisions dont happen during deploy. Oh well. You need to find another solution as suggested above.

Edited by Zorg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Its planned but not sure when. It was optional by the time of the later designs for the PT and I dont think it was to be used on skylab. But anyway yeah I will make one eventually.

I did try to add a cheeky collider to the left side of the shield but apparently for this kind of object self collisions dont happen during deploy. Oh well. You need to find another solution as suggested above.

Awesome. 

As for the Solar Array pop off, would it be possible to make an in-flight part switch giving us the ability to switch to just the attachment joint?  Kind of like how Tundra's Falcon 9 has texture switching in-flight. Furthermore, would it be possible to have it stageable that way we can trigger it with the S-II separation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Awesome. 

As for the Solar Array pop off, would it be possible to make an in-flight part switch giving us the ability to switch to just the attachment joint?  Kind of like how Tundra's Falcon 9 has texture switching in-flight. Furthermore, would it be possible to have it stageable that way we can trigger it with the S-II separation?

Nah Im going to leave failures up to the players imagination to figure out :) 

Edited by Zorg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...