[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, lucius57 said:

I'm having an issue with BDB. It says I'm missing Bluedog.AIMP.core and I can't launch my satellite because of it. Please help! Here's my log file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpgdu8zj4qrldl3/KSP BDB.txt?dl=0

To start with, you can make you log file a lot smaller and probably speed up load times with an update of ACK - download the zip from the green "Code" button here https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_Orion. Should fix the "Bones do not match bindpose." spam.

When did you last do a clean install of BDB? It might be worth deleting the mod and installing it fresh. If you do that (and update ACK) and it still persists, feel free to post a new log

Edited by Rodger

Transit 2A + Solrad 1

Spoiler

cHrgOge.png

7kez29A.png

K6tDQRr.png

Transit 3B + LOFTI

Spoiler

loZr8Ze.png

lQRhH59.png

wcq4uGB.png

u1tGV9A.png

Transit 4A + Injun 1 + Solrad 3

Spoiler

fIlGWsP.png

hUXCcCK.png

sN9czOV.png

C0fi329.png

rZ0Anna.png

Transit 5A

Spoiler

CY25wq8.png

4UqajBz.png

7AQrYCM.png

Transit 5C

Spoiler

LZN5hGJ.png

miGweAW.png

Transit 5E + Transit 5BN

Spoiler

EhQaG0L.png

cvp9U9P.png

6Im5yv4.png

KlvqGj5.png

3k00t7K.png

YlwdoxV.png

Transit 23 + Transit 32 (SOOS)

Spoiler

pszhvTB.png

FaZ3CfC.png

l7LW7WO.png

ccX0FYH.png

Aswnb31.png

Full album can be found here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I hate Scout... so much... I had to cheat to get 2 of these into orbit... yes, I cheated, I'm not ashamed of it! Scout canNOT reach orbit. And I've tried everything! 

Thankfully I will only have one more launch of Scout, and it won't be for a while, because it's in the Science and Exploration section at the end.... *Weeps*

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Transit 2A + Solrad 1

Reveal hidden contents

cHrgOge.png

7kez29A.png

K6tDQRr.png

Transit 3B + LOFTI

Reveal hidden contents

loZr8Ze.png

lQRhH59.png

wcq4uGB.png

u1tGV9A.png

Transit 4A + Injun 1 + Solrad 3

Reveal hidden contents

fIlGWsP.png

hUXCcCK.png

sN9czOV.png

C0fi329.png

rZ0Anna.png

Transit 5A

Reveal hidden contents

CY25wq8.png

4UqajBz.png

7AQrYCM.png

Transit 5C

Reveal hidden contents

LZN5hGJ.png

miGweAW.png

Transit 5E + Transit 5BN

Reveal hidden contents

EhQaG0L.png

cvp9U9P.png

6Im5yv4.png

KlvqGj5.png

3k00t7K.png

YlwdoxV.png

Transit 23 + Transit 32 (SOOS)

Reveal hidden contents

pszhvTB.png

FaZ3CfC.png

l7LW7WO.png

ccX0FYH.png

Aswnb31.png

Full album can be found here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I hate Scout... so much... I had to cheat to get 2 of these into orbit... yes, I cheated, I'm not ashamed of it! Scout canNOT reach orbit. And I've tried everything! 

Thankfully I will only have one more launch of Scout, and it won't be for a while, because it's in the Science and Exploration section at the end.... *Weeps*

Yeah, I have found SRMs very difficult to work with. I have actually gotten to orbit with Scout, but it ain’t pretty. I usually get a highly elliptical orbit, even when I am watching the orbital parameters like a hawk and using Safe Shutdown. They are imprecise and hard to control. Since I am a crappy pilot I use MechJeb and MJ doesn’t like solids at all. The Sergeant upper stages for Juno I and II (even though they are cool to watch) are a royal pain too. In general I avoid solid upper stages when I can. As strap on boosters they are fine, but as uppers not so much. 

IRL, I think using SRMs for manned spaceflight is a terrible idea. Too many black zones going uphill (Challenger). I did not mourn Ares I when it died in infancy, and my fingers are crossed with Artemis. 

Edited by DaveyJ576

54 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Yeah, I have found SRMs very difficult to work with. I have actually gotten to orbit with Scout, but it ain’t pretty. I usually get a highly elliptical orbit, even when I am watching the orbital parameters like a hawk and using Safe Shutdown. They are imprecise and hard to control. Since I am a crappy pilot I use MechJeb and MJ doesn’t like solids at all. The Sergeant upper stages for Juno I and II (even though they are cool to watch) are a royal pain too. In general I avoid solid upper stages when I can. As strap on boosters they are fine, but as uppers not so much. 

IRL, I think using SRMs for manned spaceflight is a terrible idea. Too many black zones going uphill (Challenger). I did not mourn Ares I when it died in infancy, and my fingers are crossed with Artemis. 

Baby Sergeant I can handle. I know I have to get Juno to get the Sergeant stack to have a Perapsis of less than 1.4 million and it will circularize. At least, that's what I've found. 

6 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

lol sorry - someone had to stick up for poor ole clumsy Scout ... 

I'd rather fly a 1000 Thor Ables than fly Scout. :D

But seriously, Scout is unflyable for me. I'll try your guide for the final one, but I doubt it will work. I'm going to lowish altitudes. Around 300 to 400 km.

Also, how do you use stock guidance on 2.7 scale? 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I'd rather fly a 1000 Thor Ables than fly Scout. :D

Interesting - I would rank Pioneer 1 as close to the most difficult recreation mission covered by BDB parts (at least of the ones that don't require gravity assists). The combination of direct lunar ascent plus the TLI needing to be split between the Able and the SRM make it especially awkward in KSP. I wish we had a system whereby we could shut off the SRMs at a certain velocity. The brakes shutdown shortcut (with or without the extras patch) has simply never worked for me from map view - which is where it's most needed.

14 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Laughs in Scout Agena! :D

Yes Scout can be persnickety.  The biggest issue is you have to have the right angle at the right speed because Solid be solidish.   I have found manually flying them  works better than Mechjeb for the solid stages... But it took a lot of practice to get my payloads up (big boi comm sats... I did have Castor 4 (3+2) strapons to do it IIRC.... I will play with it tomorrow night and see. 

20 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Laughs in Scout Agena! :D

Yes Scout can be persnickety.  The biggest issue is you have to have the right angle at the right speed because Solid be solidish.   I have found manually flying them  works better than Mechjeb for the solid stages... But it took a lot of practice to get my payloads up (big boi comm sats... I did have Castor 4 (3+2) strapons to do it IIRC.... I will play with it tomorrow night and see. 

Castor strap-ons on Scout? Am i reading it right?
I wanna see it!

On 11/9/2022 at 6:29 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I wish we had a system whereby we could shut off the SRMs at a certain velocity

I wish there was MechJeb integration with the SafeSolid system, so it would automatically shut down solids for ascent or maneuver nodes.

6 hours ago, Pudgemountain said:

Wouldn't that just be a Saturn 1 with a Delta on top? lol.

No that is a Juno rocket so it can suck gas and die like all evil-doers in this conversation :D

1 hour ago, Alpha512 said:

Castor strap-ons on Scout? Am i reading it right?
I wanna see it!

I did some flying today (2.5x KSRSS)  And turns out with my test payload (3 ICPS com sats cause they are fun to launch and, since I *THINK* it was Jso's only models for BDB they are somewhat unique.)  

Scout doesn't QUITE get them to orbit (120x60 was the best I could do)  Unless I subbed in a STAR-37 for the final stage then it was something like 380x120

Scout + Castor 1 or 2 was no better (actually it was worse because harder to control

BIG scout (Algol + Algol 2nd stage + agena) could hit 300x300 just fine.   In fact I deployed 2 of the 3 on oscillated 580x300 orbits.   With Castor IV these things flew to infinity and beyond

And Big Redstone Agena failed to orbit due to over pitch (I had given it canards so with stock Aero that wasn't totally surprising.)

I don't mind Solid Booster stages.. but final circularization is too hard for me to spend my little KSP time I have each week...   Hence either Delta P or Agena for me! :D   Although with the new heat management in BDB I am utilizing HOSS a little more than I was before as well.

For my next launch...
Scout-AJ-260HP (a custom config for the High performance version of the AJ-260 that was NOT man rated!)    Kracken bait for sure!   5 seconds after launch... 7G of thrust! :D (that is SLIGHTLY exagerated)

A bunch of random pictures I took during missions today including a Minmus Sample Return, Moho flyby and the first Docking. In your face Koviet Union you commie sons of a REDACTED we docked first.

The LV for Softee 2 and Momo. I think it would be a Titan Delta.

20221110115750_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi93e-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTNlLWFmY2M4MmNiLTE0YTEtNDI2OS04MTZkLTRjNzA1NjQwODU2NS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.fxf8FPrDjBiSMUvIZe-VZ6s5ZS0yrfLB3ueThuZYjlg

Softee 2 on Minmus.

20221110121811_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi93c-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTNjLTBjNTRiODI4LTk2OTctNGI0Ny05YmE4LWU1MTAxZmJhYjBmNS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.feVMSDAewnwhYTI_UkaYSYAoZwcoqRUKSVmbLjrW9qY

Momo enters Moho's SOI. (spoiler due to space saving.)

Spoiler

Views from the Ranger Camera.

20221110131038_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi938-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTM4LWYxZTk2MTI4LTgxMzYtNDU3ZC1iZDI3LWZkOTkwZmRkNzY4NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Eo4kJiM0qQQe2xO2UVB_8N8Wu2de-ImckQq0Vy9rVd4

20221110131112_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi935-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTM1LTdjNjQ1NjQyLWI4NDYtNDYwNS04NzIzLWJmOTcwMWQwOGU1Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.TeCBtPYnvfSb1-KDv8nK_OhaF_E93Lf2oC6pcYHwN3s

20221110131248_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi933-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTMzLTQ2OGRmNDgwLWM1MGMtNDg5Mi04Y2JhLWIyMDE5YmQ0MTJkMS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.LvIfU48HWgyxmO4rtZMlFIOrPAa37S5jgi1JwyE5Bxg

Artist rendition of Momo flying by, unfortunately it reached it's lowest altitude during the dark so no pictures.

20221110131300_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi92z-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTJ6LWVlMmM0YTA5LWM5NjctNDc5My1hODMzLTQ5N2IxNDJkNDA4Yy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.SNR3vrVtjBTYHCKxUllcfpB4PoLgmfx00tXeip93G0M

My attempt to launch an Atlas-Able for a satellite contract. (Unfortunately I forgot Skyhawk's tree makes it you have to select fuel for each tank and I forgot to do it for the Able Stage.)

20221110145622_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi92x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTJ4LTZjMmNjZTUyLTE2YTUtNDdmOC04YmI2LTNmYTQ5OTI1MmQxOC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.4lUT3a1BUkN7UWpF_X4jjLLIK3OtcISV5UqInFIZ_sM

20221110145659_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi92w-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTJ3LTU4MmJkYjA0LTkyMjgtNGRhZS1iNzAzLTcyODg3NjczNWQxZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.nQsApFB6x3t-58dV3YBqNYRE72FjJ2yusWZNrkkJ8KY

20221110150155_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi92t-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTJ0LTQ5NDNiMjgwLWNlOWMtNDFkZi05YzFjLTA1YTRlZGY1OTBmMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MkCVBewaPhFFx5eI2yAj-RmSV4ZKYnneXfInc4xmXKQ

Gemini 6 aka Susan B. Kerman has successfully docked with an Agena Targeting vehicle.

20221110162039_1_by_pudgemountain_dfhi92o-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmhpOTJvLTliMjdhMDgwLWIxMWMtNDhiMS1hODQ0LWMyZmUyMjYwYzk0ZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cysyKFKPx5ItmvT2S9iqLaevF0CCDzv6zeIatXTs-mQ

1 hour ago, spvceaccountant said:

I'm having an issue with the subcategories. It looks like all of the vehicle-specific subcategories have disappeared. (Sarnus/Etoh/etc.) It worked earlier this week and now they aren't showing up.

The CCK ones live in the GameData /Bluedog_DB_Extras/ folder, so if you’ve reinstalled or something, you might need to re-add the BDB_CCK folder