[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

17 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

Just in time as my career is progressing to a manned munar mission :)

I specified PLAYTEST because it will NOT be career ready. We are still a long ways off from having a version that's safe for use in career.

1 hour ago, pheenix99 said:

Just in time as my career is progressing to a manned munar mission :)

just use a gemini-based lander on top of a Saturn I. you are currently living in a world without the tools to produce anything bigger, so...

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I specified PLAYTEST because it will NOT be career ready. We are still a long ways off from having a version that's safe for use in career.

I'm always willing to try it on a backup copy of my save. Besides, whenever I go to install a new mod, I make a backup of my GameData folder as well so I can always revert back to a known good config should something break.

14 hours ago, drskitts said:

I'm Pretty sure the Stock Mobile Processing Lab has crew capacity of 2. 

It does, for gameplay balance reasons. However...in the 3d model there are seats for 6. So, I move that @CobaltWolf make the MOL lab be as efficient as the stock lab with 2 crew, and include a patch to give the stock lab access to all 6 seats.

20 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

just use a gemini-based lander on top of a Saturn I. you are currently living in a world without the tools to produce anything bigger, so...

I have a 2 stage design that's about 90% BlueDog that is about ready for a test flight. I'll probably wait until I pick up another tourist contract since I'll have empty seats in the command module (helps fund some of the flights).

3 hours ago, minepagan said:

It does, for gameplay balance reasons. However...in the 3d model there are seats for 6. So, I move that @CobaltWolf make the MOL lab be as efficient as the stock lab with 2 crew, and include a patch to give the stock lab access to all 6 seats.

I'm not sure I like that option, but I'm not sure what else I could do.

3 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

I have a 2 stage design that's about 90% BlueDog that is about ready for a test flight. I'll probably wait until I pick up another tourist contract since I'll have empty seats in the command module (helps fund some of the flights).

Post pics!

38 minutes ago, Andem said:

I think that you've just found my next drunk mistake...

Let's get inked together fam

55 minutes ago, AyeLmao said:

Dont know if this would help But Flight systems redux IVA/Propspack by @MOARdV has some amazing Apollo Stuff in it, i could make an IVA For the Apollo pod/LEM @CobaltWolf and @VenomousRequiem

I'd recommend waiting for alexustas to release his updated props pack.  All of the Apollo props currently in Flight Systems Redux are part of the updated ASET Props pack, and I will be removing them from FSR when the ASET Props update is out.

6 hours ago, minepagan said:

While I personally think the MOL should be as efficient as the stock lab in a 2 seat configuration (and fully support whatever decision @CobaltWolf makes on the subject as this mod is technically a dictatorship), it really didn't take long to edit the config myself.

GameData/bluedog_db/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_MOL_Lab.cfg

For research efficiency:

researchTime = 7
scienceMultiplier = 5

Changed the following value to suit my own whims and not necessarily for any performance gains:

dataStorage = 1200

Edited by pheenix99

I docked with the command module with about 100m/s of monopropellant left. Thankfully I had plenty to spare on the CSM to launch a rescue. Ship was remarkably stable. I just cut it a little too close on fuel.

Edited by pheenix99

13 hours ago, minepagan said:

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure I like that option, but I'm not sure what else I could do.

... the 6x science lab IVA (just for the seat: you could left other stats unchanged) is a nice addition to the stock IVA for a lot of crewed modules.

I had a MM patch added to my game, to activate it, from ages:

@INTERNAL[Mobile_Processing_Lab_Int]
{
	MODULE
	{
	name = InternalSeat
	seatTransformName = Seat_UpLeft
	portraitCameraName = Camera_UpLeft
	allowCrewHelmet = false
	}
	MODULE
	{
	name = InternalSeat
	seatTransformName = Seat_UpRight
	portraitCameraName = Camera_UpRight
	allowCrewHelmet = false
	}
	MODULE
	{
	name = InternalSeat
	seatTransformName = Seat_BackLeft
	portraitCameraName = Camera_BackLeft
	allowCrewHelmet = false
	}
	MODULE
	{
	name = InternalSeat
	seatTransformName = Seat_BackRight
	portraitCameraName = Camera_BackRight
	allowCrewHelmet = false
	}

}

It's not so intrusive, as the stock Lab will still act as a 2x crew part, but allow to use the IVA up to 6x

Edited by Araym

3 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Jeb volunteered to perform a flight test and land the dual stage lander on Munar soil.

yjwbHfa.png

This image makes me realize an Altair lander from Cobalt would look amazing.

Edited by legoclone09

11 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Jeb volunteered to perform a flight test and land the dual stage lander on Munar soil.

yjwbHfa.png

I thing I forgot to set something because the lower stage continued to draw propellant from the upper stage & tanks. It still worked on a Munar mission and would expect it to function a little more efficiently on a mission to Minmus given the lower gravity. I might as well look at other monoprop tank options in lieu of the second stage (perhaps there's something a little more efficient that I can use. The feet of the landing legs look....off.

Either way, it flew exceptionally well.

22 minutes ago, minepagan said:

@CobaltWolfHere's a good resource for pretty much any rocket ever:

http://andegraf.com/rockets/saturn.htm

also, here he has some more pics of 3D models:

http://andegraf.com/f501.htm

we actually found that his Saturn models were really inaccurate? I look at his stuff a lot still but I don't trust it nearly as much anymore.

8 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I knew, just your aesthetic design A E S T H E T I C S would make it look amazing.

Did someone say A E S T H E T I C S ?

Cuz' this is what my astronauts are playing on the Mun!