[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Install The Janitor's Closet, and you can then use the "Mod Filter" to only show parts from whichever mod you want.

It's more an ongoing issue that we have, where the number of parts in BDB (300+) is overwhelming for newer players that don't know which parts are 'intended' to go together (personally, I always enjoy seeing some nice original designs with the parts)

EDIT: Also, forgot to take a screenshot at the end of last night... Of the main station parts (IE, not the telescope or the panels...) pretty much just the greebles on the airlock module still need textures. Would people be ok with the top surface of the 3.75m segment including the stock fairing base functionality?

QNFdZlg.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

...Would people be ok with the top surface of the 3.75m segment including the stock fairing base functionality?

Yes. it would be helpful. Also, by any chance, is this in the development branch yet? I'd really like a large crew module and a multiple docking adapter. I'm having to make do with my 'Science star-ship' Asimov I  with the 'Dorian' container and the airliner 'spam can' container.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Would people be ok with the top surface of the 3.75m segment including the stock fairing base functionality?

If you are already planning on incorporating a fairing base I think it would be better if it would be white and not grey/silver like all the rest of the fairings

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

This made my day, thanks Cuburt <3

<3 u 2 bby

48 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Yes. it would be helpful. Also, by any chance, is this in the development branch yet? I'd really like a large crew module and a multiple docking adapter. I'm having to make do with my 'Science star-ship' Asimov I  with the 'Dorian' container and the airliner 'spam can' container.

No.

In fact, for that, I won't release anything until its all textured.

I hate you.

47 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

If you are already planning on incorporating a fairing base I think it would be better if it would be white and not grey/silver like all the rest of the fairings

It's supposed to be white... it's the same white on both the textures. Squad just likes to hold me down and take me for all the pleasure I'm worth I suppose.

Oh, right, I'm not doing anything this afternoon so I'm, like, streaming or something in a minute. IDK.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Install The Janitor's Closet, and you can then use the "Mod Filter" to only show parts from whichever mod you want.

Sorry! it was a joke about the Manual being called Manuel, I know my way around @CobaltWolf's mess :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's more an ongoing issue that we have, where the number of parts in BDB (300+) is overwhelming for newer players that don't know which parts are 'intended' to go together (personally, I always enjoy seeing some nice original designs with the parts)

EDIT: Also, forgot to take a screenshot at the end of last night... Of the main station parts (IE, not the telescope or the panels...) pretty much just the greebles on the airlock module still need textures. Would people be ok with the top surface of the 3.75m segment including the stock fairing base functionality?

I can't use stock fairings, they are so ugly. if is possible to have a PF option or just leave as an option so we can put it (a PF base) manually.

hKtwaAR.png

14 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry! it was a joke about the Manual being called Manuel, I know my way around @CobaltWolf's mess :sticktongue:

I can't use stock fairings, they are so ugly. if is possible to have a PF option or just leave as an option so we can put it (a PF base) manually.

I agree on that @Drakenex, plus the stock fairings often steal your solar panels when you jettison the fairings. I also like how Procedural Fairings allows (limited) surface attachment, so you can place NEBULA Decals, solar panels, or something else on them. I think the stock rocket parts have really dated aesthetics, specifically the engines (Skipper, Mainsail, LV-N, etc.) and tanks. The fairings however are just...ugly. Try the remodeled fairings included in @Ven's Stock Part Revamp mod, they look like proper fairings with structural supports, and not just weird striped discs. But, it still uses the stock fairing module, so any problems with that aren't solved unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

I agree on that @Drakenex, plus the stock fairings often steal your solar panels when you jettison the fairings. I also like how Procedural Fairings allows (limited) surface attachment, so you can place NEBULA Decals, solar panels, or something else on them. I think the stock rocket parts have really dated aesthetics, specifically the engines (Skipper, Mainsail, LV-N, etc.) and tanks. The fairings however are just...ugly. Try the remodeled fairings included in @Ven's Stock Part Revamp mod, they look like proper fairings with structural supports, and not just weird striped discs. But, it still uses the stock fairing module, so any problems with that aren't solved unfortunately.

yeah!! finally someone!! It will be impossible to give it correct bullet point shape to Skylab's Saturn V using stock fairings.

the problem is that PFairings are designed to attach to the side of a fairing base, whereas the stock ones (which the BDB fairings are modeled for, since... well, screw dependencies) attach on top. So unless PFairings starts letting you attach to the top surface of a fairing base.... well, love it.

EDIT: Screw you forums that's now what I said.

Edited by CobaltWolf

28 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

the problem is that PFairings are designed to attach to the side of a fairing base, whereas the stock ones (which the BDB fairings are modeled for, since... well, screw dependencies) attach on top. So unless PFairings starts letting you attach to the top surface of a fairing base.... well, love it.

If I remember right the KW fairings bases were working just like the stock ones and if PF was installed then they would turn into a PF base (with attachment nodes on the sides and everything..) ,also why can't there be a config that disables the stock fairing and creates attachment nodes for PF on the sides?

52 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

well OK, if at the end the airlock is separated from the workshop I guess we can use what ever we want (that's why PF bases radius is a little smaller, in order to support side attached firings)

Calling it quits for tonight folks! Made a lot of great progress over the course of 8 hours - about 3 of which were spent figuring out how those damn solar panels articulated! Huge thanks to @tg626 and others on the stream for helping me decipher the limited information and graphics.

Also, thanks to @TimothyC for ordering me a pizza from halfway across the country.

O2NKU1g.pngMXaFzub.pngWxCByVI.pngmE7KbWd.pngMvgpiZA.png
NX56I7d.png
CZfVr1s.png
w3uljpC.png

xB5Lvel.jpg