[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

20 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

io52tSf.png

BCdGOaL.png

PBS0DzY.png

The LM Lab looks like its textured. it's also really awesome-looks like an alternate-reality version of the original.

I also quite like the Blok V Solars. Still haven't got an extended tank though... and I will keep petitioning for airbags of some sort.

Just now, Rory Yammomoto said:

The LM Lab looks like its textured. it's also really awesome-looks like an alternate-reality version of the original.

I also quite like the Blok V Solars. Still haven't got an extended tank though... and I will keep petitioning for airbags of some sort.

I mean, it doesn't land with airbags so its not my problem. Get someone else to make them.

I really like playing with this pack, as it is really fun playing with nasa style parts and crafts, which makes career and science modes alot more interesting that sending up endless sats based on two or three different probe cores.

V9E6oT7.jpg

Looking forward to the skylab parts being added, but M.O.L.E works fine for now. This is my duna 2x scale interplanetary orbiter, carrying four comsats for improved robotic missions and for better communications with future missions. It has enough delta V to get to duna. I based it off of the ares mars mission. Also are there any plans for making a SLA where the panels blow off into seprate parts, which make things like wet workshops work easier. Also that LEM shelter looks amazing as well.

Edited by demo_the_man

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I mean, it doesn't land with airbags so its not my problem. Get someone else to make them.

Here's my two cents on this:

Create an offshoot BDB thread strictly for visuals only (things like IVA's, airbags, etc.) this way Cobalt could add these things into the actual mod when they are nicely done, and it will let him focus on whatever he wants to work on without being asked again and again for these things.

Just an idea.

On 12/14/2016 at 4:42 PM, Rory Yammomoto said:

just use FASA floaters, very easy to adapt :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@demo_the_man I'd like to include a version of the SLA with blow-off panels but I'm not sure the best way to go about it (ie what modules to use, etc)

The easiest way would be have a five node decoupler for the SLA base and make a single SLA panel that can be attached to the four radial nodes. A single staging would decouple the CSM form the SLA and send the four panels careening into space.

54 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Look what I found in super-secret hidden folder in BDB! JK guys this is really from an old expansion for FASA. Plz don't kill me.

Hide contents

*snip*

Owo *notices skylab*

Edited by Cdw2468
Forgot to snip

6 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

To those of you who have made successful Moon Landings: what launch profile have you used to get the Sarnus V into orbit? I've been having issues, and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

should be pretty standard. Remember the S-IVB is mostly for the lunar injection burn. What size system are you on..?

12 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

To those of you who have made successful Moon Landings: what launch profile have you used to get the Sarnus V into orbit? I've been having issues, and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

I just fly straight up until I reach ~120m/s. After that I slowly turn until it's at 45 degrees at about 10km. After that I just keep it at prograde until my apoapsis is >75km. (Though I don't use the Saturn V, I use the Saturn INT-20 for my moon missions. The INT-20 is a Saturn V without the S-II second stage.)

Edited by Hay

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

should be pretty standard. Remember the S-IVB is mostly for the lunar injection burn. What size system are you on..?

I'm on a 1x system. I've been using Gravity Turn and MechJeb, which have both worked perfectly for me in the past, but I can't seem to get them to get my craft into orbit.

30 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

I'm on a 1x system. I've been using Gravity Turn and MechJeb, which have both worked perfectly for me in the past, but I can't seem to get them to get my craft into orbit.

Could you post a screenshot of your craft?