Jump to content

[1.12.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.11.0 "вне" 22/Oct/2022)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

What version are you in and what version of the mod are you using? 

im using 1.1.3 and im using the most recen version of the mod. i also removed many of my part mods to make memory, but the game stops loading when reaching the titan fairings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, minepagan said:

I *think* you could go back to the version on Spacedock, but it doesn't have the Saturn-V.

ill try, the parts im interested in are the titan and delta 2 parts

5 minutes ago, minepagan said:

I *think* you could go back to the version on Spacedock, but it doesn't have the Saturn-V.

 

2 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

ill try, the parts im interested in are the titan and delta 2 parts

found it. ill try installing it again, thanks for the tip!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've used this mod, and I have a warning to MechJeb users. You'll have to change your routine during launch.

For one thing, turn off auto-staging. Otherwise, after first stage jettison (at least on the Saturn IB), every other stage will stage in quick succession. This may be a result of the "stage fairing" function added in recent versions of MechJeb, and if you turn on auto-staging, it also turns on the fairing option. There's no middle ground. I've found it best to do the staging myself.

Also, turn off Corrective Steering. I've found with the Saturn IB that it makes the SIVb gimbal around uncontrollably. Without corrective steering and with RCS on, it stays on course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have issues with a few of the craft files linked in the OP. Namely that said files have parts that seem to come from a version of BDB that isn't out yet.

The craft are the Apollo LEM, AARDV 'Aardvark Bl.1', Saturn-Ic, and Saturn MLV 5-25L. I'm a bit miffed that these craft files are unusable, and it in the case of the LEM, it's put a major obstacle in my quest to simulate the alternate history timeline I've been working on since June 2011 here. The big obstacle is that I've gotten to Apollo 2, which in this timeline is the unmanned LM test that was flown as Apollo 5 in our timeline. I tried doing it with the SIVb fairing in the game, but it isn't a decoupler, and as a result, I couldn't separate the LM from the SIVb for the test. I also need to do this for Apollo 3 (which is an unmanned rendevouz and docking test of the CSM and LM launched on a pair of Saturn IBs) and Apollo 5 (which is Apollo 3, but manned, crewed by the Apollo 9 crew of our timeline consisting of McDivitt, Schweickart, and Scott; as an aside, this timeline's version of Apollo 9 is crewed by Cooper, Worden, and McCandless).

I wasn't really planning to use the AARDV or Saturn IC, since in my timeline, the supply craft for American space stations (in this case, Skylab and the ISS) is a cargo variant of the Block II called the Apollo Supply Craft (ASC), which is functionally identical to the Dragon V1, and the Saturn IC was merely a 1972 study by the Marshall Space Flight Center to upgrade the Saturn IB, before it was passed over in favor of the Saturn II (which we know as the Saturn INT-20; other Saturn variants include the Saturn III/INT-17, Saturn IV/INT-21, and Saturn VI, the rocket from the Stephen Baxter novel "Voyage).

The parts in question, by the way, are:

bluedog.J2S
bluedog.F1A
bluedog.Apollo.AARDV.Control
bluedog.Apollo.AARDV.Cargo
bluedog.Apollo.AARDV.NoseAdapter
bluedog.Apollo.Block3.HGA

Are these parts from an upcoming version of BDB?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BNSF1995 said:

I have issues with a few of the craft files linked in the OP. Namely that said files have parts that seem to come from a version of BDB that isn't out yet.

The craft are the Apollo LEM, AARDV 'Aardvark Bl.1', Saturn-Ic, and Saturn MLV 5-25L. I'm a bit miffed that these craft files are unusable, and it in the case of the LEM, it's put a major obstacle in my quest to simulate the alternate history timeline I've been working on since June 2011 here. The big obstacle is that I've gotten to Apollo 2, which in this timeline is the unmanned LM test that was flown as Apollo 5 in our timeline. I tried doing it with the SIVb fairing in the game, but it isn't a decoupler, and as a result, I couldn't separate the LM from the SIVb for the test. I also need to do this for Apollo 3 (which is an unmanned rendevouz and docking test of the CSM and LM launched on a pair of Saturn IBs) and Apollo 5 (which is Apollo 3, but manned, crewed by the Apollo 9 crew of our timeline consisting of McDivitt, Schweickart, and Scott; as an aside, this timeline's version of Apollo 9 is crewed by Cooper, Worden, and McCandless).

I wasn't really planning to use the AARDV or Saturn IC, since in my timeline, the supply craft for American space stations (in this case, Skylab and the ISS) is a cargo variant of the Block II called the Apollo Supply Craft (ASC), which is functionally identical to the Dragon V1, and the Saturn IC was merely a 1972 study by the Marshall Space Flight Center to upgrade the Saturn IB, before it was passed over in favor of the Saturn II (which we know as the Saturn INT-20; other Saturn variants include the Saturn III/INT-17, Saturn IV/INT-21, and Saturn VI, the rocket from the Stephen Baxter novel "Voyage).

The parts in question, by the way, are:

bluedog.J2S
bluedog.F1A
bluedog.Apollo.AARDV.Control
bluedog.Apollo.AARDV.Cargo
bluedog.Apollo.AARDV.NoseAdapter
bluedog.Apollo.Block3.HGA

Are these parts from an upcoming version of BDB?
 

Yes, those are from the dev version of BDB. They are availible on the Github, however are not compatible with pre-1.2 builds of KSP. However, if you are in a carrer or science save I would not recommend updating, as there have also been some tech tree rebalances which may affect your save. I mean, you *could* try updating, but deleting the "TechTreeRebalance" folder from in the zip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's about time to pay my image tribute:

1KmM8Dv.png

Here we have a Titan IIIc ish launch to land a probe on the moon.

PnGNuKL.png

 

4nuyyQq.png

SRB cutout and separation. 

gynClcu.png

Second stage finishing munar injection burn.

vKG9rgx.png

 

Lq8VwPI.png

Almost landed!

NU7aETr.png

Victory!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jall said:

I think it's about time to pay my image tribute:

*snip* cool probe parts plus some other rocket parts

Very cool. Do you have a larger scale solar system mod installed? Titan III is kinda overkill for a small Mun probe otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

... the one for the launch clamps?

That's the thing - there are three configs, not entirely clear which one is which. Wrong directory, looking at the clamps as opposed to the towers.

EDIT: and it already makes Hydrogen. Thank you, config maker, for anticipating the inevitable 'why won't it make hydrogen?' comments.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...