[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 9/30/2015 at 1:21 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Well, what do I get?

Currently, the mod includes 300 parts you can use to make:

• Mercury (Courtesy of Bloeting Aerospace Corp)
  • Gemini (Courtesy of Trails Manufacturing Co.)
  • Apollo Block II CSM
  • Vanguard rocket with Able and Ablestar upper stages
  • Scout rocket
  • Redstone rocket
  • Juno II, IV rockets
  • Diamant rocket (All variants)
  • Thor-Delta rocket (Almost all variants can be made)
  • Delta 2 rocket (Including upper stage, GEM SRBs)
  • Atlas rocket (Can make pretty much everything up to Atlas 2AS)
  • Agena upper stage (All variants)
  • Vega (old Kerolox upper stage for Atlas)
  • Centaur D, G, G', T upper stages
  • Atlas V rocket (Pretty much just the CCB for now)
  • Titan 1, 2, 3, 4 rockets, with SRMs and Transtage (No IUS yet!)
  • Saturn (Can make C1, 1B, V, and 1C right now, along with some extra parts for more options)
  • New probe cores
  • New antennas and dishes
  • New science experiments

Guys this mod looks so good! I tried it last year and loved it. But it got hard for me to use. The parts are not named as stated above. It's really hard for me to try to recreate vessels with the weird part names that the mod actually comes with. Also there's an enormous amount of parts in this mod. How does everyone handle this?

Edited by JedTech

Just now, JedTech said:

Guys this mod looks so good! I tried it last year and loved it. But it got hard for me to use. The parts are not named as stated above. It's really hard for me to try to recreate vessels with the weird part names that the mod actually comes with. Also theirs a enormous amount of parts in this mod. How does everyone handle this?

You can just use the search function inside the VAB. For example, if you look up "saturn" you'll get all the Sarnus (Saturn) parts.

25 minutes ago, JedTech said:

Guys this mod looks so good! I tried it last year and loved it. But it got hard for me to use. The parts are not named as stated above. It's really hard for me to try to recreate vessels with the weird part names that the mod actually comes with. Also there's an enormous amount of parts in this mod. How does everyone handle this?

24 minutes ago, Hay said:

You can just use the search function inside the VAB. For example, if you look up "saturn" you'll get all the Sarnus (Saturn) parts.

There is a real names config in the BD_Extras folder on Github. :)

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau

1 minute ago, Jall said:

So, are there any new apollo or probe parts in the dev git right now? (I can't check at the moment)

Not since the Block V parts were uploaded. I'm more or less officially on hiatus while I get my materials together to apply for the NASA science animation fellowship. :)

On 1/31/2017 at 5:19 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Not since the Block V parts were uploaded. I'm more or less officially on hiatus while I get my materials together to apply for the NASA science animation fellowship. :)

Great! good luck with that buddy!

Edited by Drakenex
hehe stupid typo

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Cool. Good luck though!!

I have issues with a few of the craft files linked in https://kerbalx.com/

Crafts like "Apollo LEM" (https://kerbalx.com/minepagan/Apollo-LEM) and "Vega" (https://kerbalx.com/minepagan/Vega) say there are missing parts (bluedog.Saturn.S4B.SLA.Full, bluedog.Vega.Avionics, bluedog.Vega.Tankage, bluedog.Vega.EngineMount and bluedog.Vega.Engine, etc.). Where do i find these parts?

1 hour ago, dmon said:

I have issues with a few of the craft files linked in https://kerbalx.com/

Crafts like "Apollo LEM" (https://kerbalx.com/minepagan/Apollo-LEM) and "Vega" (https://kerbalx.com/minepagan/Vega) say there are missing parts (bluedog.Saturn.S4B.SLA.Full, bluedog.Vega.Avionics, bluedog.Vega.Tankage, bluedog.Vega.EngineMount and bluedog.Vega.Engine, etc.). Where do i find these parts?

I think most are using the dev version (https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau) and those parts aren't in the "official" release. Try using that one instead. No promises though.

First and most all I would like wish...

@CobaltWolf best of luck on your NASA science animation fellowship!

Secondly I would like to ask for a little help with building & launching the "Sarnus SV Rocket", I'm having problem with the LES (Kane 11 LES PEBKAC LAUNCH ESCAPE SYSTEM), it doesn't stay solidly attached to the capsule. The LES begins to buck left and right (from the default launch point of view up on launch), causing the rocket to oscillate, similar to ripples on a pond after throwing a stone into it.

Thanks & once again best of luck @CobaltWolf!

10 minutes ago, Turk_WLF said:

First and most all I would like wish...

@CobaltWolf best of luck on your NASA science animation fellowship!

Secondly I would like to ask for a little help with building & launching the "Sarnus SV Rocket", I'm having problem with the LES (Kane 11 LES PEBKAC LAUNCH ESCAPE SYSTEM), it doesn't stay solidly attached to the capsule. The LES begins to buck left and right (from the default launch point of view up on launch), causing the rocket to oscillate, similar to ripples on a pond after throwing a stone into it.

Thanks & once again best of luck @CobaltWolf!

This is a known issue and can be solved one of 2 ways: get the kerbal joint reinforcement mod or enable advanced tweakables in the settings menu on the home page. The problem is that squad chose to make the joint strength somewhere between a wet noodle and a bendy straw and this isn't adequate for a complex rocket like the Sarnus V

20 hours ago, JedTech said:

Also, the "Manuel"(manual) on the OP has instructions on how to build each rocket, their in-game names, and an index telling you which rocket is which.

Edited by minepagan

11 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

This is a known issue and can be solved one of 2 ways: get the kerbal joint reinforcement mod or enable advanced tweakables in the settings menu on the home page. The problem is that squad chose to make the joint strength somewhere between a wet noodle and a bendy straw and this isn't adequate for a complex rocket like the Sarnus V

KJR is insufficient, the autostrut using advanced tweakables is the only way to get it to work. i had the same problem on every sarnus rocket i flew. before i fixed it, installing the abort system was actually what made it necessary XD

8 hours ago, minepagan said:

Also, the "Manuel"(manual) on the OP has instructions on how to build each rocket, their in-game names, and an index telling you which rocket is which.

Actually, about that: can there be KSPedia (or whatever that in-game help is) support for that manuel?

13 hours ago, Plecy75 said:

KJR is insufficient, the autostrut using advanced tweakables is the only way to get it to work. i had the same problem on every sarnus rocket i flew. before i fixed it, installing the abort system was actually what made it necessary XD

I don't seem to have any trouble with just KJR, I never autostrut 

Docking target for LEM!

Dock visually in the IVA.

d7f6fRo.png

Grab:

And add this as a MM cfg file:

//************************************************************************
//
//	Docking Target
//	MM Config to add docking targets to Clamp-O-Tron docking ports
//
//************************************************************************
//Bluedog Lunar Module - or is that Münar Module? ^_^
@PART[bluedog_LEM_Ascent_Cockpit]
{
	MODEL
	{
		model = FP_KOAS/Parts/DockingTarget/COAS_Target
		position = -0.75,0.77,-0.01 // -0.76,0.77,-0.02
		scale = 1.2,1.2,1.2
		rotation = 0,121.5,0
	}
	+description ^= :$: Docking target by Federal Productions!:
}

Edited by tg626

On 2/2/2017 at 0:51 AM, tasty echos said:

ill do it when i find time cobalt

what do you want in it, all the full rocket builds?

On 2/2/2017 at 5:19 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Dunno, the full manual I suppose? I wish there was just a way to import a PDF haha.

I'll also see if i can take this on when a i've got rid of a few things i've got going on if it's not done by then. I probably will be able to mostly automate an import from pdf.

Hi everyone :) 

First i want to thank the autor for this gorgeous mod !

I'm having issue with the nodes on the engines, there are no bottom nodes to attach a decoupler to.. I tried to search very quickly if anyone report this here but it seems better for me to ask directly :) 

so am i missing something ? like using an interstage fairing to join the engine to the previous stage or something like that ? i don't know the trick here 

thanks for reading :)