[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 1/4/2018 at 2:22 AM, Sudragon said:

Is the Blue Gemini Service Module supposed to have Life Support Supplies in it?

Uh, no idea.

10 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

I know I'm late by a month, but someone should do a grammar pass on the space station manual. The current grammar is kind of painful.

What do you expect, he is French. :)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uh, no idea.

What do you expect, he is French. :)

Fantastique

@CobaltWolf What's not so fantastic is that my game crashes on startup whenever it gets to the Agena parts. Any tips? I have all of the pre-packaged dependencies.

Screenshot of Gamedata: https://imgur.com/a/NyViL

Edited by awsumindyman

Found a slight bug in BDB by trying to figure out a problem with Kerbin Environmental Institute.  

If you have FASA Launch Clamps Continued installed, but not the full FASA mod, the compatibility patch for changing the geiger counter experiment ID still gets run (at least on bluedog_pioneer1) and renames the bd_geigercounter ID to geigercounter, which does not have a valid scidef since FASA is not actually installed.  This causes KEI to break since it cannot find a valid scidef for the experiment ID.

7 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

That's why we asked to users to gently noticed me with correction rather than just complaining :)

Sorry if I came across as complaining :/

I had no intention of sounding that way. 

Anyway, is anyone else having a problem, where the game crashes while loading the Agena parts?

4 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf, I have no idea what is going on, but the game crashes whenever it gets to your Agena parts. Do you have any idea why?

This guy had the same issue?

On 12/28/2017 at 4:51 PM, fallout2077 said:

I found the culprit... Test Flight was the mod causing the crashes. It seems that despite using a version of the TestFlight.dll compiled against 1.3.1 it still poses a problem.

4 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf I don't have TestFlight. I really have no idea what it is. I may just wait till 1.4 :/

Looking at your Gamedata, I would suggest temporarly removing Trajectories and Gravity Turn.   If the game runs without them then there is something in the DLL that is tripping up on the Agena parts.   For the most part the Agena parts are VERY stock so the issue would be with the other mods and not with BlueDog DB.

WHAT Agena part is shown on the loading screen when the game locks up?

23 hours ago, armegeddon said:

Found a slight bug in BDB by trying to figure out a problem with Kerbin Environmental Institute.  

If you have FASA Launch Clamps Continued installed, but not the full FASA mod, the compatibility patch for changing the geiger counter experiment ID still gets run (at least on bluedog_pioneer1) and renames the bd_geigercounter ID to geigercounter, which does not have a valid scidef since FASA is not actually installed.  This causes KEI to break since it cannot find a valid scidef for the experiment ID.

This is an issue with Kerbin Environmental Institute.   FASA launch clamps continued is not directly associated with Bluedog-DB.     The FASA launch-clamps in BDB should not Trigger this and Launch Clamps Continued should have just the same launch clamps that BDB has... so Why would you bloat the game memory by installing both?

Back in the day Frizzank gave permission for CobaltWolf to use his Launch-clamps.   The Launch-clamps in BDB are named BDB_FASAlaunchclamp25 etc. and while the names are derived from the original clamps in FASA and Launch Clamps Continued they are not the same.   

Now, I have not downloaded any FASA derived mod in over 1 year so my information on the FASA side is... dated. 

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

@CobaltWolf you gotta put a corned beef sandwich in the gemini IVA now.

Really???   ONE and only ONE corned Beef sandwich flew on Gemini.   One and only one IVA has it.    Sounds fair to me! :)   Besides, Corned beef was meant to be eaten...   Not displayed.   A Sandwich wrapper with a Deli''s name displayed on it Floating in the IVA would be more appropriate :D

But more importantly, @Kerbal01 are YOU going to pay him for his blood sweat and tears to do such a significant art change?   What is more important to you?  A very minor but massively time consuming Art change or how about more Saturn Rocket parts and maybe if we are lucky in a the near Future a LDC Titan variant?  After all THOSE are things Cobaltwolf already HAS on this Roadmap

Edited by Pappystein

Solid Rockets Boosters.   A series of questions meant to open discussion on a few parts in game already and several parts that are either on the Roadmap or maybe should be on the Roadmap.

Ok so I have been doing a lot of reading on the CASTOR family of Rockets.   Looking at the dimensions and the performance lead me to a realization.  The CASTOR 1 in BDB is almost exactly 1:1 scale.  The Castor IV is 1:0.625ish scale. 

IRL there are 3 major and 2 minor versions of the Castor IV not counting the XL(s).   There is a significant difference in performance between the variants.   Modeling this would require the use of Different types of Solid-fuel (which is supported thanks to BDB requiring the use of Community Resource Kit.)

So the questions:

1. Did the Bug in KSP that caused issues when parts had more than one activation/staging trigger ever get fixed (for self separating SRBs.)
  2. Does it make sense to re-scale CASTOR 1 to 0.5m which is ~0.64 scale from real life?   BDB has already "Broken" the 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75 "Stock scales" more than once.  This is a very MINOR change that should not break any vehicle given it's already small size and Radial nature of the beast.
  3. Would players gain a benefit for supporting the Castor IV, IVA, and IVB all in two variants (surface ignited vs Air Ignited?)
  4. Would it make sense from an actual play-ability standpoint to further embrace the CRK modlet to support a diversified fuel load for various marks of SRBs.    SRBs are not like Liquid fueled rockets since you cant add tanks with more fuel.. so the whole argument of/for "STOCK FUELS "is moot.  CRK changes the fuel density and energy which results in identical volume fuel loads having different performance because of the differing types of fuel (both performance and straight mass.)
  5. I am guessing the answer to this question is no...  or Not unless used along the lines of SSTU's structure but... I guess we still don't have a way to alter the performance of a SRB between various marks in the VAB (select Castor IV model then chose IVA Air ignited profile?)

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!

Hello,

I am guessing the remake of the crow engines do not work so well with Ferram Aerospace Research? They seem to produce lift and make the craft very unstable during flight. Removed it for the time being since there is nothing I can do about it, too many new toys to play with now. :)

Oh, the new S1F tank. Is that suppose to require modular fuel tanks to work? It is the only way I can get the fuel to show properly.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:22 PM, Pappystein said:

Looking at your Gamedata, I would suggest temporarly removing Trajectories and Gravity Turn.   If the game runs without them then there is something in the DLL that is tripping up on the Agena parts.   For the most part the Agena parts are VERY stock so the issue would be with the other mods and not with BlueDog DB.

WHAT Agena part is shown on the loading screen when the game locks up?

This is an issue with Kerbin Environmental Institute.   FASA launch clamps continued is not directly associated with Bluedog-DB.     The FASA launch-clamps in BDB should not Trigger this and Launch Clamps Continued should have just the same launch clamps that BDB has... so Why would you bloat the game memory by installing both?

Back in the day Frizzank gave permission for CobaltWolf to use his Launch-clamps.   The Launch-clamps in BDB are named BDB_FASAlaunchclamp25 etc. and while the names are derived from the original clamps in FASA and Launch Clamps Continued they are not the same.   

Now, I have not downloaded any FASA derived mod in over 1 year so my information on the FASA side is... dated. 

Thanks, I actually fixed the issue. I just uninstalled everything, than went back and reinstalled everything from a fresh unzip a few at a tome, restarting the game each time. It works perfectly now.

22 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

Thanks, I actually fixed the issue. I just uninstalled everything, than went back and reinstalled everything from a fresh unzip a few at a tome, restarting the game each time. It works perfectly now.

That means at some point an older mod probably overwrote a newer release for one of the various bundled support mods (like B9Partswitch or DMagic Science Animate to name two.)