[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf when loading an Apollo vessel in flight mode, after the bluedog.Apollo.Block2.ServiceModule is loaded, this is written to the log 8x and creating weird issues with other mods (Kerbalism in this case):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartJoint.SetupJoint (Vector3 jointPos, Vector3 jointOrt, Vector3 jointOrt2, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartJoint.create (.Part child, .Part parent, UnityEngine.Transform nodeSpace, Vector3 nodePos, Vector3 nodeOrt, Vector3 nodeOrt2, Int32 nodeSize, AttachModes mode, Boolean rigid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartJoint.Create (.Part owner, .Part parent, .AttachNode nodeToParent, .AttachNode nodeFromParent, AttachModes mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.SecureAutoStrut (.Part anchor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part+<SecureAutoStruts>c__Iterator3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Full log and craft:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc7xm06f3bgm2yf/2018-06-12_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Still very slow WIP for the Atlas V... Apologies for the speed, but I've been pretty tired lately and have been struggling to get modding stuff done after I get home from work on weeknights. Still chugging ahead. First preview of the Centaur V tank - how are people feeling about the overall design? Interesting enough? Or not enough going on?

1zdwSDX.png

From a development point of view... I'm thinking the Atlas V will be the last new thing for this update, which is already pretty behind schedule. After I finish it I'll clean up the other stuff I've put up on the Git recently (Delta II for instance) and get a release pushed out, saving things like Big G and LDC Titan (which both have a long way to go) for the next release. Ok with everyone?

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Still very slow WIP for the Atlas V... Apologies for the speed, but I've been pretty tired lately and have been struggling to get modding stuff done after I get home from work on weeknights. Still chugging ahead. First preview of the Centaur V tank - how are people feeling about the overall design? Interesting enough? Or not enough going on?

From a development point of view... I'm thinking the Atlas V will be the last new thing for this update, which is already pretty behind schedule. After I finish it I'll clean up the other stuff I've put up on the Git recently (Delta II for instance) and get a release pushed out, saving things like Big G and LDC Titan (which both have a long way to go) for the next release. Ok with everyone?

I know what is to return wasted from work and seat again on the PC to do personal stuff, big big thanks for your dedication Mr Wolfie. Looking awesome!

One question, are you going to add retros to the middle of the main Altas core?

av076_timeline4.jpg

Just now, Drakenex said:

I know what is to return wasted from work and seat again on the PC to do personal stuff, big big thanks for your dedication Mr Wolfie. Looking awesome!

One question, are you going to add retros to the middle of the main Altas core?

My Adderall wearing off about the time I get home doesn't help :rolleyes:

Yes, the interstage at the top-of-the-lower-tank-part has them embedded like the real thing - they were too small to make into separate parts, I felt :) Actually, since I am splitting up the tank... might be a good idea to make a smaller tank or two in the size class, I think I have room left on the texture sheet....

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

My Adderall wearing off about the time I get home doesn't help :rolleyes:

Yes, the interstage at the top-of-the-lower-tank-part has them embedded like the real thing - they were too small to make into separate parts, I felt :) Actually, since I am splitting up the tank... might be a good idea to make a smaller tank or two in the size class, I think I have room left on the texture sheet....

Great! yup, like your Saturn S-IC engine mount, embedded is the way to go.

@CobaltWolf I just recognized that the stock heatshields all got a ModuleLiftingSurface, but the BDB heatshields do not.

Perhaps this is the reason why the BDB heatshields don't use very much ablator on reentry?
Tbh they use less than a percent in most cases.

But on the other hand, how about FAR? Is it better not to have ModuleLiftingSurface or is it then necessary to remove it by patches or replace it?

Edit:

Ah well, I just have seen that
GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\FerramAerospaceResearch.cfg
just got this:

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] { }
}
@PART[mk1pod]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[HeatShield0]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[HeatShield1]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[HeatShield2]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}
@PART[HeatShield3]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
}

This tells something ... :D

Edit:

But even with FAR the Mercury Heatshield just uses nearly no ablator on reentry.
It got 119.7 of 120 left ...

Edit:

So, this:

I will test the patch and report back.

Edited by Gordon Dry

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Still very WIP

~Snip~

As well as an older WIP with a quick test of the tank in    exciting    citrus    flavor

~Snip~

Z E S T Y

Some more screens I took yesterday that I forgot to upload... the white first stage (ie, covered in ice as it would be when flown) isn't really possible without duplicating the 4K texture sheet the Atlas V uses, but it's kinda nice to look at... the Centaur Tanks *will* have switching.

2G3ePqd.pngy69Tzsv.png

NgwGCOl.png0CSx8dl.png

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Some more screens I took yesterday that I forgot to upload... the white first stage (ie, covered in ice as it would be when flown) isn't really possible without duplicating the 4K texture sheet the Atlas V uses, but it's kinda nice to look at... the Centaur Tanks *will* have switching.

Impressive!! yup, you can use modulepartvariants and sorry for people with low RAM :P

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

*snip*

That looks amazing! I can hardly wait for release. And will the other 1.875m centaur/inon tanks be receiving a retexture?

41 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

That looks amazing! I can hardly wait for release. And will the other 1.875m centaur/inon tanks be receiving a retexture?

The longer ones that a fan made and gave me are getting redone, what's wrong with the others?

EDIT: Just kind of a general note, but these parts are still *far* from being done. There are a lot of touchups that need to be done to what you can see (I'd like the raceway at the top of the first stage to be blended back into the tank shape, like the real one, for example) and the parts that you can't see in the stack - the tank endcaps, for example - haven't been started yet at all.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I figured some sort of notional "BDB... In Colors!" could take care of that and similar things... ;)

Dunno! American hardware was never a color party, I meant just texture swapping. All I can think of is Gemini in army blue and nothing more 

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Dunno! American hardware was never a color party, I meant just texture swapping. All I can think of is Gemini in army blue and nothing more 

Gimme a sweet all-Spray-On Foam Insulation Saturn V

Edited by Saltshaker