[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 4/26/2021 at 7:20 AM, Zorg said:

Not sure what you mean here?

I was referring to the "engine mount ring" is visually below the S-IVB mount instead of touching it.  IF that is AS DESIGNED then cool.  If not it just needs to move a little bit up for "full contact"

8 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Something unrelated but I curious, why I see a quote in @KallangoVerde comment in Spanish "CSM está indo muito bem." But in @Spaceman.Spiff's I see in English "CSM coming along nicely." Anyone can explain this to me?

He access the forum in a different language , but it does not translate the original message in his quotes back to English . I can seen it with Cyrillic too

Edited by golkaidakhaana

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I was referring to the "engine mount ring" is visually below the S-IVB mount instead of touching it.  IF that is AS DESIGNED then cool.  If not it just needs to move a little bit up for "full contact"

its not a mount ring, its a support for the deployment mechanism. you'll notice it moves with the gimbal.

RL20_2Position.png

The real vac RL20 was a significant redesign it would appear (This is the only image I can find). But like the sea level version the gimbal mechanism is unclear and I had to make something up essentially. However while this image might make you think thats a mount, it really cannot be as the deployment jackscrews are connected to that.

Edited by Zorg

13 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Gorgeous shots! Thanks for sharing this liftoff!

Also -- I love collecting decal art. Where are the bird and triangular one from?

Thank you! The Delta Insignia is from Bluedog, the bird... I'll have to get back to you on that one haha.

5 hours ago, Pioneer_Steve said:

Thank you! The Delta Insignia is from Bluedog, the bird... I'll have to get back to you on that one haha.

Ty!  Yeah, I figured it out after realizing it was a Daleth character, and that Bluedog used it to stand in for Delta.   They're so clever. ;)

LM VARIANTS

This is my "final" version of my LM Shelter. It is still a rough kitbash, and I hope that the dev team will consider formalizing something like this.

zPU2BOS.jpg

DUhHyaO.jpg

This is a combination of Stock, BDB, & KIS (a wonderful mod if you don't have it). Shelter is launched separately and landed autonomously. KIS allowed the attachment of an extendable ladder to the bottom lip of the airlock. The ladder is carried uphill stowed on the back of the Shelter. I also attach two RTG's to the back of the Shelter once landed.

LM VARIANTS PT. 2

LM Truck MK 1A.

sXA57zf.jpg

1wVAw4m.jpg

Added some Infernal Robotics and KAS equipment for the arm/crane, and KIS containers.

MK 1B LRV variant. Rover is a modification of the Stock Skycrane/Rover. I have since dropped it in favor of the USI Exploration Pack rover. This one still works though.

QCIyQfg.jpg

LM VARIANTS PT. 3

The bottom vehicle is the LM Truck MK 2. I replaced the platform and robotics with a KIS container. This is still somewhat similar to a proposal I read in an official NASA document. You can carry A LOT of cargo to the Mun with the MK 2.

doKMjAi.jpg

I found a way to double stack the MK 2 with the Shelter. Believe it or not it flew well, boosted by a standard Saturn V with a very long shroud. The Transtage braked both vehicles into Mun orbit quite nicely. I decoupled and landed the Shelter first, then the Truck. That was a follow up launch after the MK 1B landing. 

ST0AL6w.jpg

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

LM VARIANTS PT. 3

The bottom vehicle is the LM Truck MK 2. I replaced the platform and robotics with a KIS container. This is still somewhat similar to a proposal I read in an official NASA document. You can carry A LOT of cargo to the Mun with the MK 2.

doKMjAi.jpg

I found a way to double stack the MK 2 with the Shelter. Believe it or not it flew well, boosted by a standard Saturn V with a very long shroud. The Transtage braked both vehicles into Mun orbit quite nicely. I decoupled and landed the Shelter first, then the Truck. That was a follow up launch after the MK 1B landing. 

ST0AL6w.jpg

Why is Mun so big.

Edited by Minmus Taster

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

MK 1B LRV variant. Rover is a modification of the Stock Skycrane/Rover. I have since dropped it in favor of the USI Exploration Pack rover. This one still works though.

Really nice!

I needed a Way to deliver my LRV to the Mun’s surface, so the other day I made this (Screenshot tax!) xK6jtLA.pngkRtxR8V.png1tj5w9Y.png8UOV3Vl.pngYzalfhs.png

I was struggling to make a working crane to lift the LRV off of the LM Truck, so I did quite a Kerbal solution:

I strapped Rockets to the Rover, so when the crew arrive, they fly it off of the Truck!

I’m Extremely happy how the LRV came out!

14 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Really nice!

I needed a Way to deliver my LRV to the Mun’s surface, so the other day I made this (Screenshot tax!) xK6jtLA.pngkRtxR8V.png1tj5w9Y.png8UOV3Vl.pngYzalfhs.png

I was struggling to make a working crane to lift the LRV off of the LM Truck, so I did quite a Kerbal solution:

I strapped Rockets to the Rover, so when the crew arrive, they fly it off of the Truck!

I’m Extremely happy how the LRV came out!

Nice stuff man, also, really nice TUFX you got there.

4 minutes ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Hahaha bro I’m not sure if you are trying to be funny, but that’s your TUFX Config :sticktongue:

the plot thickens

Heads up y'all, I'm getting my second vax dose in a couple hours, so we'll have to wait and see how I'm feeling as the weekend goes. If I don't stream I'll still probably wind up having some progress to share.

(sorry for derailing lmao)

1 hour ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Hahaha bro I’m not sure if you are trying to be funny, but that’s your TUFX Config :sticktongue:

Wait for real? Looks better than I remember :D

Edited by alberro+

Since most are talking about the LM and derivatives. I have found out that the Apollo LM Descent stage makes great platforms for Landing Probes on planets and Moons without atmosphere like Moho. That and a Vanguard engine fits in it too lol.

20210416203519_1_by_pudgemountain_deiowh8-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZWlvd2g4LWIyODNlM2Q3LTU5ZWEtNDA0NC1iMDAxLWY0ZmRkMmMyMzU1Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.4S_XZrRE8szVNAVgT289-dNdGso-KKCsNZA2MA41mAE

20210416203836_1_by_pudgemountain_deiowgg-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZWlvd2dnLTBjYWJkYWJkLTM1OTYtNDJhNy1hYWI1LTM3MjUwMWMyNjQ0Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Ag0bk0TqVS9nek9D4BZjrnzVTVXdHiiIHqx_AZfKtaA

The reason a parachute is on there is, the original version of that probe went to Laythe so I used a copy of it and forgot to remove the chute ^^;

Edited by Pudgemountain
Adding something.

Random question, what solid kick engine is supposed to be used for the third stage in Thor / Fenris & Alpha / Able  with Pilgrim  / Pioneer 0 / 1 ? 

The Starra - 20 is the right one i think, but as far as I can see there are no decouplers that give enough distance between the tank and the probe, the antenna clip into the tank. The Starra 13-A fits but it lacks the fuel required for a burn to the Mun in JNSQ it seems.

Edited by ltajax
missed some information.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Heads up y'all, I'm getting my second vax dose in a couple hours, so we'll have to wait and see how I'm feeling as the weekend goes. 

I got mine last wednesday. I felt fine but at around 10pm I imploded and had a very high fever but the next afternoon I was feeling fine. Don't take ibuprofen with the vaccine cause that stops the vaccine from fully working (something about inflammation) and take a tylenol preemptively.

2 hours ago, Pudgemountain said:

Since most are talking about the LM and derivatives. I have found out that the Apollo LM Descent stage makes great platforms for Landing Probes on planets and Moons without atmosphere like Moho. That and a Vanguard engine fits in it too lol.

20210416203519_1_by_pudgemountain_deiowh8-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZWlvd2g4LWIyODNlM2Q3LTU5ZWEtNDA0NC1iMDAxLWY0ZmRkMmMyMzU1Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.4S_XZrRE8szVNAVgT289-dNdGso-KKCsNZA2MA41mAE

20210416203836_1_by_pudgemountain_deiowgg-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZWlvd2dnLTBjYWJkYWJkLTM1OTYtNDJhNy1hYWI1LTM3MjUwMWMyNjQ0Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Ag0bk0TqVS9nek9D4BZjrnzVTVXdHiiIHqx_AZfKtaA

Great stuff! It would be really nice if the RCS blast deflectors and the ladder/platform could be optioned out... (nudge nudge to the Dev Team, lol)

Edited by DaveyJ576
Small change