Jump to content

[1.12.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.11.0 "вне" 22/Oct/2022)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

2 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

I've got a problem with this and Procedural Fairings.

All of the "PF" variant fairing bases from BDB for Procedural Fairings have a max size of 1.5m. This is including parts that definitely should not max out at 1.5m, such as the Saturn or Delta IV fairing bases.

This is in a career game, with all the Procedural Fairings upgrades unlocked (unlimited-sized fairings).

Is there a fix for this?

see the answer from  Beccab on a similar question some posts up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigyihsuan said:

I've got a problem with this and Procedural Fairings.

All of the "PF" variant fairing bases from BDB for Procedural Fairings have a max size of 1.5m. This is including parts that definitely should not max out at 1.5m, such as the Saturn or Delta IV fairing bases.

This is in a career game, with all the Procedural Fairings upgrades unlocked (unlimited-sized fairings).

Is there a fix for this?

The proc fairings patch for BDB is broken with Procedural Fairings v6.0 and newer. There is an updated patch on github though but it wont be formally fixed till the next release of BDB. 

You can either:
 

1. Roll back to a pre 6.0 release of Proc Fairings

Or

2. Go to Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ProceduralFairings and replace bdb_pf.cfg and BDB_PF_TechCompatibility.cfg with the contents of these two files

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/blob/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ProceduralFairings/bdb_pf.cfg

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/blob/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ProceduralFairings/BDB_PF_TechCompatibility.cfg

You can also install the BDB github version but its not guaranteed to be stable and I do not recommend it for a career save.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@pTrevTrevsI adore the ground details you get during ascent. Is that full RSS 10x? If you have that ground with a KSRSS 2.5x game please let me know how you did it. (I'm using the Cape Kanaveral mod with KSRSS + Sigma Dimensions + Kerbal Konstructs to get extra launch pads but it doesn't have that high level of ground texture.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

@pTrevTrevsI adore the ground details you get during ascent. Is that full RSS 10x? If you have that ground with a KSRSS 2.5x game please let me know how you did it. (I'm using the Cape Kanaveral mod with KSRSS + Sigma Dimensions + Kerbal Konstructs to get extra launch pads but it doesn't have that high level of ground texture.)

It’s Katniss’s Cape Canaveral with a patch that allows it to be used in 2.5x KSRSS; you should be able to find it on the forum pretty easily. I had to place most of the launch pads (Missile Row, LC-17, Mercury pads)  myself, but I’m playing in 1.11 right now so I don’t have any problems with mods that haven’t been updated. Also I’m using Zorg’s TUFX configs, textured unlimited, and I narrow the FOV of my screenshots to get a clearer background.

Basically I finally got a computer with a real GPU about a month ago and ever since then I’ve gone absolutely nuts on KSP graphics enhancements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

It’s Katniss’s Cape Canaveral with a patch that allows it to be used in 2.5x KSRSS; you should be able to find it on the forum pretty easily. I had to place most of the launch pads (Missile Row, LC-17, Mercury pads)  myself, but I’m playing in 1.11 right now so I don’t have any problems with mods that haven’t been updated. Also I’m using Zorg’s TUFX configs, textured unlimited, and I narrow the FOV of my screenshots to get a clearer background.

Basically I finally got a computer with a real GPU about a month ago and ever since then I’ve gone absolutely nuts on KSP graphics enhancements.

Found the patch you mentioned, thanks. Linked below. BDB liftoffs are so much prettier now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody's tried to do a Saturn I SA-1 with the S-V Centaur atop?

 

Fine, I'll do it myself.

HRzFchp.png

1Q5ehpC.png

TM1Z2VW.png

The S-IV stage is (anachronistically) live, but since I haven't unlocked the Centaur-D tank yet the S-V is a battleship fashioned from the second stage of a Titan II. Even so, I'll be really happy when we start seeing some development progress on the new Saturn I; conformal decals and modular launch towers can only make an old rocket look so good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taking a little break from Skylab stuff...

Everything here is early WIP

unknown.png?width=805&height=806

Mapping camera

unknown.png?width=1254&height=806

The camera translates forward so that the side facing stellar camera can operate simultaneously. The stellar camera has it own telescoping glare shield. Bottom left of the front is also a radar altimeter

unknown.png?width=979&height=807

panoramic camera

unknown.png?width=878&height=806

Scanning IR radiometer

unknown.png?width=983&height=807

Apollo 17 radar and optical recorder

unknown.png?width=1270&height=806

The SIM bay shelves will be a toggle so you can have an empty version as well.

The default sim bay will look something like this without the instruments. It will include the shelves, some greebles and the EVA footrest/ladder in game. (ignore the messy cables, they're placeholder).

unknown.png?width=651&height=807

The full experient set for the Apollo 15/16 (identical) and 17 variants of the sim bay will be made including a new subsatellite. You can see a placeholder block for it in the Panoramic camera picture above.

unknown.png?width=1348&height=806

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Taking a little break from Skylab stuff...

Everything here is early WIP

Mapping camera

The camera translates forward so that the side facing stellar camera can operate simultaneously. The stellar camera has it own telescoping glare shield. Bottom left of the front is also a radar altimeter

panoramic camera

Scanning IR radiometer

Apollo 17 radar and optical recorder

The SIM bay shelves will be a toggle so you can have an empty version as well.

The default sim bay will look something like this without the instruments. It will include the shelves, some greebles and the EVA footrest/ladder in game. (ignore the messy cables, they're placeholder).

The full experient set for the Apollo 15/16 (identical) and 17 variants of the sim bay will be made including a new subsatellite. You can see a placeholder block for it in the Panoramic camera picture above.

 

These models are looking great already. One question I have that's somewhat related to Skylab: do you guys have any plans for an S-II based wet workshop?

http://www.astronautix.com/nails/s/sat2stat.jpg

Edited by Hay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hay said:

These models are looking great already. One question I have that's somewhat related to Skylab: do you guys have any plans for an S-II based wet workshop?

http://www.astronautix.com/nails/s/sat2stat.jpg

We will do a WWS config for SII, probably throw on a hatch onto the endcap. Sort of like the S4B model based WWS in the current release. But im not keen on doing the extra modules inside the S4B shaped shell there. I think people can use a stock or proc fairing (assuming you want the apollo on top) and then build out the equipment core using MOL or 1.875m skylab modules.

Edited by Zorg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zorg said:

We will do a WWS config for SII, probably throw on a hatch onto the endcap. Sort of like the S4B model based WWS in the current release. But im not keen on doing the extra modules inside the S4B shaped shell there. I think people can use a stock or proc fairing (assuming you want the apollo on top) and then build out the equipment core using MOL or 1.875m skylab modules.

That's fair. I'm mostly interested in a WW S-II for interplanetary journeys etc. anyways, so having to resort to stock/procedural fairings for the Von Braun S-II station is not a big deal for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

l have a petal fairing request. For the fully enclosed petal fairing at the tip of rockets, it's currently deployed with hinges so parts stay attached, but the fairing isn't reclosable. Consider allowing it to be closed again.

This fairing would work well with conceptual reusable rockets.

(and with extreme Tweakscale we can recreate scenes from the movie Moonraker)

I asked @Jso and it should definitely be doable, at least for the "capped" SLA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I asked @Jso and it should definitely be doable, at least for the "capped" SLA.

Wasn't this the behavior of the SLA a few updates ago? I remember playing BDB on KSP 1.2.2 and the Saturn SLA could be closed and tweakscaled, allowing for Bird 1/You Only Live Twice recreations.

18278526_1329901980450931_83914944963614

18319015_1329902043784258_71875401884560

Edited by flamerboy67664
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Wasn't this the behavior of the SLA a few updates ago? I remember playing BDB on KSP 1.2.2 and the Saturn SLA could be closed and tweakscaled, allowing for Bird 1/You Only Live Twice recreations.

18278526_1329901980450931_83914944963614

18319015_1329902043784258_71875401884560

Dunno why, but that skybox of yours makes me nervous in the same way that waking up on a raft in the ocean with no land in sight would…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Zorg said:

Taking a little break from Skylab stuff...

Everything here is early WIP

unknown.png?width=805&height=806

Mapping camera

unknown.png?width=1254&height=806

The camera translates forward so that the side facing stellar camera can operate simultaneously. The stellar camera has it own telescoping glare shield. Bottom left of the front is also a radar altimeter

unknown.png?width=979&height=807

panoramic camera

unknown.png?width=878&height=806

Scanning IR radiometer

unknown.png?width=983&height=807

Apollo 17 radar and optical recorder

unknown.png?width=1270&height=806

The SIM bay shelves will be a toggle so you can have an empty version as well.

The default sim bay will look something like this without the instruments. It will include the shelves, some greebles and the EVA footrest/ladder in game. (ignore the messy cables, they're placeholder).

unknown.png?width=651&height=807

The full experient set for the Apollo 15/16 (identical) and 17 variants of the sim bay will be made including a new subsatellite. You can see a placeholder block for it in the Panoramic camera picture above.

unknown.png?width=1348&height=806

Fantastic details! Do you find it tricky to construct all the smaller pipes and stuff in Blender from these old diagrams? (Blender, I'm assuming or Maya or anything else that you use)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are there any plans to do any of the proposed-but-not-chosen Apollo stuff like Apollo's Direct Ascent lander and Saturn C-8 (or some of the other scrapped Saturn rockets), the old Grumman LEM or the Apollo D-2 spacecraft? There's a mod called Alternate Apollo that addresses the latter two, but it's getting pretty old now and it'd be interesting to see the BDB folks making their versions of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Are there any plans to do any of the proposed-but-not-chosen Apollo stuff like Apollo's Direct Ascent lander and Saturn C-8 (or some of the other scrapped Saturn rockets), the old Grumman LEM or the Apollo D-2 spacecraft? There's a mod called Alternate Apollo that addresses the latter two, but it's getting pretty old now and it'd be interesting to see the BDB folks making their versions of it.

Would be really fantastic if they also did the Saturn flyback booster for this:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spacehex said:

Fantastic details! Do you find it tricky to construct all the smaller pipes and stuff in Blender from these old diagrams? (Blender, I'm assuming or Maya or anything else that you use)

Thanks! Pipes and cables arent too difficult in blender. and in these cases I am not following the cabling precisely at all. Just doing something that looks nice in roughly the same places real cables might be. In reality most of the cables connect to the SM and to other parts but for modularity we do them self contained for parts like this. Doing piping for engines is a different matter of course.

20 minutes ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Are there any plans to do any of the proposed-but-not-chosen Apollo stuff like Apollo's Direct Ascent lander and Saturn C-8 (or some of the other scrapped Saturn rockets), the old Grumman LEM or the Apollo D-2 spacecraft? There's a mod called Alternate Apollo that addresses the latter two, but it's getting pretty old now and it'd be interesting to see the BDB folks making their versions of it.

There are no plans for C8, cobalt hates it and I have no interest it. There are plans for LM derived parts and that will flesh things out quite a bit. Alternate designs for Apollo I dunno, theres a lot to be done just with things directly derived from the historical designs like LM shelter and taxi etc. Who knows what the future will hold though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Does 'LM derived parts' include having the legs seperate from the descent module? ;)

51 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The new default LM (already on github apollo branch) has the legs separate.

The plume deflectors are also a toggle now.

 

 

Gonna try and stream tonight after work or something idk

E9zO9dSXIAYd7M9?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by CobaltWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...