[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, Araym said:
  1. Weird "visual bug" on the VAB (as noticed on the version I downloaded around 10 hours ago... dunno if, in meantime, "new" versions were placed on the github) :
    VlJ3oH1.png
    ... when happened to me to switch between the various SM option for the payload bay (... shielded/not shielded... automatic deplyment or not... various type of storage set-ups), putting the door back generated this, untextured, "pink" version of the shield.
    I'm not sure about it, but it seems to happens only if the "autodeployment" option was turned on, the shield removed (as, for example, to set something in the payload) and then the shield turned on.
    It's just a glitch in the VAB (at launch it return textured...  and also return textured if exiting/reentering the VAB), but it's worth a mention. (I tried various "random set of clicks", and it seems to me that it happens only in the case that the shield was removed meanwhile the "autodeployment" was turned on)
    Worth mentioning that I have, among a lot of other mods, "Universal Storage 2": if the additional option is triggered by an MM patch, could it be maybe a weird interaction after patching (if it went unnoticed in other mod set-ups)???

This is a known issue and is caused by switching the sim bay with the panel removed.

25 minutes ago, Araym said:

As always, I'm having a blast "testing" the new parts (my applause to @CobaltWolf and the entire BDB's "team" working on it)...

... now a couple of question, just  out of curiosity:

1. If I remember correctly, the old LEM descent stage worked as a "decoupler", for the munar take-off of the Ascent stage. It seems that it has lost this ability, in the new one: is there a planned, specifi, decouple for it (maybe I didn't find it around), will it gain back the "decoupler ability" or will it be paired to use any, generic, BDB decoupler??? (missinging to have found a specific part, I'm playing it with the generic BDB 0.625m decoupler)
  2. Wheeeere is the "camera/scientific payload" doors on the descent stage, near the ladder (from where the hystorical "one small step" was filmed), as seen here ??? Am I the usual, dumb, myself not finding the option to have it active (I just only found the switch between the H and J type model) or are we still in an early model available, and that will come "soon™" in later development??? ... please do not tell me that, for simplicity, it was scrapped...

3. Weird "visual bug" on the VAB (as noticed on the version I downloaded around 10 hours ago... dunno if, in meantime, "new" versions were placed on the github) :
    VlJ3oH1.png
    ... when happened to me to switch between the various SM option for the payload bay (... shielded/not shielded... automatic deplyment or not... various type of storage set-ups), putting the door back generated this, untextured, "pink" version of the shield.
    I'm not sure about it, but it seems to happens only if the "autodeployment" option was turned on, the shield removed (as, for example, to set something in the payload) and then the shield turned on.
    It's just a glitch in the VAB (at launch it return textured...  and also return textured if exiting/reentering the VAB), but it's worth a mention. (I tried various "random set of clicks", and it seems to me that it happens only in the case that the shield was removed meanwhile the "autodeployment" was turned on)
    Worth mentioning that I have, among a lot of other mods, "Universal Storage 2": if the additional option is triggered by an MM patch, could it be maybe a weird interaction after patching (if it went unnoticed in other mod set-ups)???
    Drop me here, eventually, a PM, if it could be useful to have extra infos about it (... KSP log files or anything) if that could be useful to point out the error (my HUGE modded instal could have some involvement, eventually, but it could be worth to study if it is a direct behaviour of the part itself, or any interaction with other mods)

1 and 2.  Type LEM in the search bar in the VAB to find all LEM parts.

39 minutes ago, Araym said:

Wheeeere is the "camera/scientific payload" doors on the descent stage, near the ladder (from where the hystorical "one small step" was filmed), as seen here ??? Am I the usual, dumb, myself not finding the option to have it active (I just only found the switch between the H and J type model) or are we still in an early model available, and that will come "soon™" in later development??? ... please do not tell me that, for simplicity, it was scrapped...

the MESA?
it's a separate part to put on LM

m3gKdDH.png

39 minutes ago, Araym said:

If I remember correctly, the old LEM descent stage worked as a "decoupler", for the munar take-off of the Ascent stage. It seems that it has lost this ability, in the new one: is there a planned, specifi, decouple for it (maybe I didn't find it around), will it gain back the "decoupler ability" or will it be paired to use any, generic, BDB decoupler??? (missinging to have found a specific part, I'm playing it with the generic BDB 0.625m decoupler)

and the separator between Ascent and Descent is also another separate part

0ZLNy4z.png

Edited by Adam-Kerman

14 minutes ago, Adam-Kerman said:

the MESA?
it's a separate part to put on LM

m3gKdDH.png

and the separator between Ascent and Descent is also another separate part

0ZLNy4z.png

Yeah for both! (I have a memory shortage about the right name for the "MESA":blush2:)
Dunno if it's my install, or probably myself typing some wrong terms in the searchbar (or probably I failed to be accustomed to the new parts, that I didin't see them :P)

Thanks for the answer.

41 minutes ago, Jcking said:

This is a known issue and is caused by switching the sim bay with the panel removed.

Definitely not a big issue (generally everything fix by itself on launch, or reloading the craft/ leaving and returning in the VAB), but as said (at least for me) most of the time I found the bug appearing is when, in my various options clicks, the "autodeployment" was turned on before removing the door. Other kind of "random option clicks" (with or without the door present) seemed rarely to bring out the problem.

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

So its been a little while since they've been languishing in that experimental branch but the new MOL IVA's have finally been integrated into the master branch for the next release.

These new IVAs were very kindly made for us by @Beale and cover the important MOL, GMSS and Mercury lab station parts.

In addition we also have these gorgeous new props from @Well and @Beale once again to fill these IVAs up. Big thanks to both of them.

screen_2560x1440_2021-09-18_21-28-35.png?width=1122&height=799

The majority of the props in these IVAs use BDB internal props as well as stock ones but there are a few Near Future props ones in there as well. NF props is not a dependency but it is recommended. However there are plans for more retro props in the future so it will not be needed later on. To that effect I did make a little Nikon F photomic inspired one which is in there now but more to come slowly over time.

screenshot36.png?width=1421&height=799

Hmmmm   Someone is a real MAC user..... not one of the modern fake-Mac users :D   (REAL MACs  run on MOTOROLA PROCESSORS! :D   :P       I am KIDDING!!! Smile and be happy :D )    

The MAC bowling ball with the frowny face because you didn't insert the OS-6.03 3.5" Boot diskette :D    (the old macs were either color or B&W and had a 9.5" almost square (it wasn't 4:3) CRT screen.  With a big handle behind them... and a potential add on of a hard drive or a 2nd floppy drive as a module the footprint of the computer below it (the computer and monitor being one single unit.)  The Computers were somewhat insultingly/affectionately called Bowling balls and my school, the year of my graduation had to "scrap"  38 Mac SEs with 30mb (yes megabyte) Hard drives.    Last day of school we took them out to the parking lot, and literally went bowling with them.... got 2 or 3 throws per unit before it broke into pieces.....  FUN :D

Ok Kidding aside (and PLEASE no one take my chain yanking seriously....  I am old school and OS6 was the last good Mac OS in my opinion... then again MS DOS 6.2 for my IBM compatible :D  :P.)  

The IVA work is top notch.   although I am curious why the camera is a Kikon instead of Kinon... or a Kannon (totally getting subbing K for C is the same spelling but now in German)   

Beale thank you for donating your time to this it looks AWESOME!    Zorg thanks for making polishing this into the parts (I believe that is what you have done with Beal's work)     

5 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

So I was looking through the to do list for Saturn parts on github, what the heck is an S1D? I can't find anything about it online.

is it something from Eyes Turned Skyward?

S-ID is one of a myriad of proposals for alternatives to the Space Shuttle

It is a Stage and a Half S-IC (the center engine is the sustainer engine and the outer 4 engines and their mounting hardware and structures all drop away like the Atlas Booster skirt.

It is NOT part of the Saturn MLV programs... it comes after that.  (1968 vs 1971 or 2 I think)

This is a good kitbash of existing parts to make the S-1D.  Should give you some idea.

Edited by Pappystein

2 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

The IVA work is top notch.   although I am curious why the camera is a Kikon instead of Kinon... or a Kannon (totally getting subbing K for C is the same spelling but now in German)   

Eh Kikon becuase first thing that came into my head, but also get out of here with that Kannon nonsense, we are a Nikon house here :P. But yeah specifically it is based on the Nikon F photomic as it was used on both the J class missions and indeed Skylab (plus a Nikon was my first nice camera).

5 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Beale thank you for donating your time to this it looks AWESOME!    Zorg thanks for making polishing this into the parts (I believe that is what you have done with Beal's work)     

Not really polishing, just getting the models in game and placing the props. That said it was a useful exercise as I'm now familiar with the IVA workflow hence the Skylab project underway now.

6 hours ago, Beccab said:

Woah! Will it have this floor?

screenshot38.png

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Eh Kikon becuase first thing that came into my head, but also get out of here with that Kannon nonsense, we are a Nikon house here :P. But yeah specifically it is based on the Nikon F photomic as it was used on both the J class missions and indeed Skylab (plus a Nikon was my first nice camera).

Not really polishing, just getting the models in game and placing the props. That said it was a useful exercise as I'm now familiar with the IVA workflow hence the Skylab project underway now.

screenshot38.png

DANG Zorg!   that looks nice.    Glad Skylab and Space Lab are space borne.... imagining Coffee... Hot... Black... being spilled :D

Also,  Nikons are good cameras...  I have just always gotten better long lenses from Cannon for the Bang/$ for my Airshow photography

21 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

DANG Zorg!   that looks nice.    Glad Skylab and Space Lab are space borne.... imagining Coffee... Hot... Black... being spilled :D

Also,  Nikons are good cameras...  I have just always gotten better long lenses from Cannon for the Bang/$ for my Airshow photography

Nikon has fallen on hard times like 5 years or so. Lost a lot of ground in the high/mid end camera and went from 40% of the semiconductor stepper business to less than 10% as ASML ate up the whole market. But back in the day, especially before the Canon EOS came out the Nikon F was king in the 35mm SLR market and had a lot of history with NASA. I believe the F photomic was the first 35mm camera taken to the moon (though used indoors and on space EVA on the J missions afaik). An F2 (I think) with motor drives and extra large magazines were used on shuttle. John Glenn I think took the first digital camera on his return to space, with a Kodak DCS460 which were Kodak digital guts housed inside a Nikon N90 body.

unknown.png

b201518b6b317983ecc7b04ba1255886.png?width=590&height=753

deliveryService.png?width=662&height=752

Edited by Zorg

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

screenshot38.png

I might weep. Imagine using FreeIVA in that :o

Are we gonna be getting revamped Apollo IVAs too? The current ones are kinda... eh. 

Edited by TaintedLion

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

Nikon has fallen on hard times like 5 years or so. Lost a lot of ground in the high/mid end camera and went from 40% of the semiconductor stepper business to less than 10% as ASML ate up the whole market. 

Sadly I absolutely love Nikon DSLR ergonomic, I still can't find any mirrorless that feels right in my hand like that.

7 minutes ago, Bjalfi said:

So I'm having an issue downloading the new Saturn dev branch.  After the most recent merge, it will only download as the old master, not the new dev. 

thats a know issue, its a problem with github you can get around it by downloading github desktop and then downloading the dev files through there