Jump to content

[1.12.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.11.0 "вне" 22/Oct/2022)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

First Saturn 1B Shuttle crewed launch
KTBZiXl.pngPqu6h5i.png1zfKqbI.png
First stage separation and SIVB ignition
l6kiWP0.png
LuGgfAB.pngiffvsHE.png
SIVB separation, Shuttle OMS ignition
5NxptJA.png

After completing the orbital insertion, the payload bay is opened and solar panels extendedLuYOIrF.png
Rendezvouz
YFe8fC3.png
3LElSH4.png

Unfortunately this Shuttle design only allows the transportation of Spacelab-like payloads when going to a space station due to the location of the expendable docking port; however, there is a purely cargo variant of the vehicle, which is going to fly next carrying a new module and a 1 person orbital manuevring unit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 6:54 PM, AlphaMensae said:

As Pappystein said, the X-20 would have turned the Air Force and NASA completely off of the idea of a reuseable winged spacecraft, and the shuttle would not have happened.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello if may I ask for a moment of assistance ... I am using the new Centaur truss adapter as shown below on the Delta. It does fit within the fairing, but it feels a little awkward, so I thought I'd bare my soul and let someone tell me if there's a better way to assemble this? I'm using the Delta IV Composite Long on the 3.125m SAF. Thanks!

Spoiler

VKACfny.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello if may I ask for a moment of assistance ... I am using the new Centaur truss adapter as shown below on the Delta. It does fit within the fairing, but it feels a little awkward, so I thought I'd bare my soul and let someone tell me if there's a better way to assemble this? I'm using the Delta IV Composite Long on the 3.125m SAF. Thanks!

  Hide contents

VKACfny.png

 

use the normal Centaur interstage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beccab said:

First Saturn 1B Shuttle crewed launch
KTBZiXl.png
First stage separation and SIVB ignition

iffvsHE.png
SIVB separation, Shuttle OMS ignition


After completing the orbital insertion, the payload bay is opened and solar panels extended
Rendezvouz



Unfortunately this Shuttle design only allows the transportation of Spacelab-like payloads when going to a space station due to the location of the expendable docking port; however, there is a purely cargo variant of the vehicle, which is going to fly next carrying a new module and a 1 person orbital manuevring unit.

This is so good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello if may I ask for a moment of assistance ... I am using the new Centaur truss adapter as shown below on the Delta. It does fit within the fairing, but it feels a little awkward, so I thought I'd bare my soul and let someone tell me if there's a better way to assemble this? I'm using the Delta IV Composite Long on the 3.125m SAF. Thanks!

  Hide contents

VKACfny.png

 

This truss isn`t thought for Delta. It`s for Saturn IB with a third stage. For smaller diameters use the Centaur-interstage, like @Galileo chiusaid, there are B9-options for a truss-section.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

This truss isn`t thought for Delta. It`s for Saturn IB with a third stage. For smaller diameters use the Centaur-interstage, like @Galileo chiusaid, there are B9-options for a truss-section.

The large centaur truss adapter is for diameters 3.125m and up. For Delta IV, don’t use that fairing with the truss bit, and instead use the flat fairing base.

Edited by Jcking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

use the normal Centaur interstage

6 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

This truss isn`t thought for Delta. It`s for Saturn IB with a third stage. For smaller diameters use the Centaur-interstage, like @Galileo chiusaid, there are B9-options for a truss-section.

The normal one requires magic, which I have highlighted for you in pink.

Spoiler

pDKqz8Q.png

Which can be solved using a second part:

Spoiler

olE5475.png

I prefer the single part and the separation motors over magic or two parts.

 

1 hour ago, Jcking said:

The large centaur truss adapter is for diameters 3.125m and up. For Delta IV, don’t use that fairing with the truss bit, and instead use the flat fairing base.

Ahhh yes THIS is what I was looking for. I've probably looked past that fairing a hundred times by now - forgot that it has the D4 Comp LONG in the B9 switches. Great idea, thanks!

edit: well, it's not perfect ... there's some z fighting which I can fix, but it clips the Centaur bell into the top of the DHSS tank. womp.

Spoiler

noxNqN7.png

 

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
updated info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know there is a Saturn 1B post above me, but I've always had a sweet spot for the 1B. This revamp truly blew me away. Even the small details had their fair share of attention, and that is truly a wonder.

More revamps of old texture would be awesome!!

20220110180231_1.jpg?width=1120&height=620220110174742_1.jpg?width=1120&height=6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucky21 said:

I know there is a Saturn 1B post above me, but I've always had a sweet spot for the 1B. This revamp truly blew me away. Even the small details had their fair share of attention, and that is truly a wonder.

More revamps of old texture would be awesome!!

20220110180231_1.jpg?width=1120&height=620220110174742_1.jpg?width=1120&height=6

It’s gonna be even better once we get the 1973 texture variants for the all-white S-IB and S-IVB aft skirt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

SOFI is now available for the S1E/F tankage

Putting the "HEAVY" into Delta IV Heavy.

Speaking of which: EFT-1, now with authentic tower!

tLyui7c.png

EUPCdna.png

GR0SnX5.png

4x3aTGG.png

Jxit2M6.png

Note: you may want to leave central CBC at reduced thrust after side boosters separation. This tends to produce better-looking ascents on 2.5x systems (I've increased the thrust to 75%, you can see what happened)

5S37Y1z.png

0Sd4DON.png

cHluEif.png

rzAhToB.png

The Orion is based on one of 2000s-era design, with these cool circular solar panels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

SOFI is now available for the S1E/F tankage

Image

Image

Image

Image

Unfortunately the UVs didnt work out for the LRB tank. But I added the copper switch to it.

Image

 

Amazing stuff! Kinda wish that tank had a switch that closed off the pipe though, instead of having to use the engine mount solely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Amazing stuff! Kinda wish that tank had a switch that closed off the pipe though, instead of having to use the engine mount solely.

Maybe a little cap or something could be made. lets see.

Anyway did a pass on S4B to finish up the SOFI stuff

Image

Image

Image

Image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...