Jump to content

[1.12.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.11.0 "вне" 22/Oct/2022)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

A couple small things today I made while distracting myself from balancing Pegasus:

screenshot457.png

Turns out S4 had red paint on its ullage motors so I made a quick variant for them.

screenshot456.png

Additionally, I came across some old texture variant stuff I made for the GATV materials bay and ATDA battery which I never used, so I cleaned them up and made variants for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

 

@CobaltWolf, @Invaderchaos, absolutely amazing work. If I sound like I am repeating myself it is because I am running out of superlatives to use. Thank you for all of this. I look forward to using these on my missions. 

In the same boat... have we reached the end of Superlatives???  :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Invaderchaos said:

Additionally, I came across some old texture variant stuff I made for the GATV materials bay and ATDA battery which I never used, so I cleaned them up and made variants for them.

Please see my previous line :D  

 

Also Thanks for the Agena Parts.   That partially closes one of my Github issues/requests for the Agena.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Please see my previous line :D  

 

Also Thanks for the Agena Parts.   That partially closes one of my Github issues/requests for the Agena.

Oh, didn’t see that issue. I’d actually like to look into that more, I’ll leave a response under the issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

Oh okay :D sorry, my mistake :D:D i use so many mods that i get confused between them sometimes. 

Lol no worries. Was just wondering if you had somehow missed out on the Timberwind engines. 

Image

The NERVA engines will not match these for Isp of course being older rod core designs but we should be able to find a useful niche for them. Community Tech Tree or another tech tree to extend the nuclear branch would be recommended for decent tech balance as NERVA is older tech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Lol no worries. Was just wondering if you had somehow missed out on the Timberwind engines. 

Image

The NERVA engines will not match these for Isp of course being older rod core designs but we should be able to find a useful niche for them. Community Tech Tree or another tech tree to extend the nuclear branch would be recommended for decent tech balance as NERVA is older tech.

I am kinda surprised to see no one fly the smaller of these on the S-IV yet..... :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

anyone having issues with mercury's periscope rn. for some reason when placing mercury in the editor the periscope opens immediately, and both in editor and in game there isnt an option to close it, also for some reason there are 2 "lights on" options, and the one that actually turns the lights on stays as "lights on" whilst the lights are on, while the one that does nothing changes to "lights off"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I am kinda surprised to see no one fly the smaller of these on the S-IV yet.....

Probably because of this:

XFDGsD3.png

It looks ugly, it doesn't have much dV, and most importantly, top S-IV tank doesn't have fuel options, so it cannot be switched to pure LH2 (oversight, probably).

This, however, is pretty much the coolest S-IVB upgrade ever.

iHqMoch.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of Timberwind: maybe some fictional extensions for S-IVB adapters for Timberwind? 

61cx7XB.png

XM2KLIB.png

As you can see, both adapters are too short, so you need to use both or stack a couple of IUs for extra length.

Edited by biohazard15
B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, biohazard15 said:

Speaking of Timberwind: maybe some fictional extensions for S-IV adapters for Timberwind? 

61cx7XB.png

XM2KLIB.png

As you can see, both adapters are too short, so you need to use both or stack a couple of IUs for extra length.

Extensions for the Saturn 1B adapter would be amazing, stacking them just looks bad and using the delta IV ones both requires tweakscale and clashes visually

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, x170doom said:

anyone having issues with mercury's periscope rn. for some reason when placing mercury in the editor the periscope opens immediately, and both in editor and in game there isnt an option to close it, also for some reason there are 2 "lights on" options, and the one that actually turns the lights on stays as "lights on" whilst the lights are on, while the one that does nothing changes to "lights off"

 

Do you have Comfortable Landing installed? This is a known issue with that mod and how it relates to the BDB Mercury. I ran into it and it bothered me so I uninstalled it. The famous @linuxgurugamer is currently maintaining the mod and is aware of it, but I don’t think a fix has been developed for it yet. 

Edited by DaveyJ576
Small addition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

Speaking of Timberwind: maybe some fictional extensions for S-IVB adapters for Timberwind? 

61cx7XB.png

XM2KLIB.png

As you can see, both adapters are too short, so you need to use both or stack a couple of IUs for extra length.

Extensions are planned, will be just barrel sections on the top of the adapters (which is what was proposed for a nuclear Saturn IB/V stage).

Edited by Jcking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Do you have Comfortable Landing installed? This is a known issue with that mod and how it relates to the BDB Mercury. I ran into it and it bothered me so I uninstalled it. The famous @linuxgurugamer is currently maintaining the mod and is aware of it, but I don’t think a fix has been developed for it yet. 

that would be it then, might have a go at fixing it myself as it seems to be the MM patch, looks like its deleting the ModuleanimateGeneric and replacing it, quick question, is it possible for a part to have multiple animations under ModuleanimateGeneric. (also did mercury have floatbags, or just the heat shield airbag)

Edited by x170doom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, x170doom said:

that would be it then, might have a go at fixing it myself as it seems to be the MM patch, looks like its deleting the ModuleanimateGeneric and replacing it, quick question, is it possible for a part to have multiple animations under ModuleanimateGeneric. (also did mercury have floatbags, or just the heat shield airbag)

I'm busy with some other mods, but took a quick look at this.  I think I see the problem, I'll see if I can get a fix out this evening

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...