[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hey Cobalt, I've started using this mod today, gotta say, fantastic so far. Anyway, when starting the game I receive this warning from the most recent version of B9PartSwitch

tjIFNWs.png

Hope that link works okay :P i'm new to the forum, anyways, not sure exactly what to do about that, thought you'd have a better idea. Thanks, great mod btw

Edited by UnhorsedGoose

14 minutes ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

Hey Cobalt, I've started using this mod today, gotta say, fantastic so far. Anyway, when starting the game I receive this warning from the most recent version of B9PartSwitch

tjIFNWs.png

Hope that link works okay :P i'm new to the forum, anyways, not sure exactly what to do about that, thought you'd have a better idea. Thanks, great mod btw

This is a known issue that has zero impact on the game.   It will likely go away after some old parts are depreciated after the next update....   Which is coming.... errr soon(TM)

Good job reporting it, and welcome to the realm of the space Kracken (Aka the Forums!)

36 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Another sneak peek at the next update (after Titan)

Lovely. I hope you can get the solar panels to match ReStock a bit better. :) 

So for all those inquisitive souls wondering about that Mystery Rocket, it is indeed a Saturn H03 from ETS, colloquially known as a Saturn Heavy. I have just received word that it's payload has been declassified. Don't all gasp at once, now.

screenshot1311.png

11 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

So for all those inquisitive souls wondering about that Mystery Rocket, it is indeed a Saturn H03 from ETS, colloquially known as a Saturn Heavy. I have just received word that it's payload has been declassified. Don't all gasp at once, now.

screenshot1311.png

So, just an munar orbiter then, or are you playing on a larger scale factor than 2x-3x?

I guess that in stock scale without LS that stack could give you a flyby around Eve or Duna.

21 minutes ago, Machinique said:

So, just an munar orbiter then, or are you playing on a larger scale factor than 2x-3x?

I guess that in stock scale without LS that stack could give you a flyby around Eve or Duna.

Well to be fair I didnt say how many H03s I would be launching. The answer is 5. (but yes this particular launch is an orbiter, at least for now) This is in 2.5x but the homeworld is a bit smaller than Kerbin would be at the same scale.

screenshot1318.pngscreenshot1321.png

Edited by DeltaDizzy

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Hey CobaltWolf, is there a possibility of doing the Saturn 8 or the Nova rocket? or are those off the table?

also where is the dev version of the mod? thanks

On Github, look in the Code tab and change the Branch from Master to Dev.  Usual caveats apply - only use it if you are willing to put up with the odd bug and risk breaking your save game etc.

You can do a reasonable approximation of the Saturn C-8 with the stretched tankage in BDB Extras and a little help from procedural fairings / proc decoupler fairings.  The only awkward bit is the first stage engine mount - I've hacked something together with an upside down proc interstage fairing and engine plate here.

TC9neZP.png

Edited by Friznit

I'm looking for the tweakscale config that was posted to turn the reDirect DCSS into the 4m version for the Delta III. Does anyone know where to find that patch?

EDIT: Nevermind. Thanks Friznit!

On 6/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, Friznit said:

Since the beautiful reDirect ICPS can double as a DCSS, this is a small Tweakscale MM patch so you can downsize it to 4m diameter (2.5 in KSP Scale) for use on Delta III and Delta IV Medium.  Obviously requires Tweakscale.

Edited by Machinique

5 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

I'd like to make a feature request. A part switchable LM descent stage that removes the RCS deflectors so that it's a flatbed so we can make an LM truck. Bonus points if you add the RCS and guidance in and make it a complete space craft ;-)

http://www.astronautix.com/a/apollolmtruck.html

I'd like to, but I think right now I'm not going to add more LEM stuff without redoing the LEM first to make it easier to work with. The current models/textures aren't very good and would be hard to add on to in that way.

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'd like to, but I think right now I'm not going to add more LEM stuff without redoing the LEM first to make it easier to work with. The current models/textures aren't very good and would be hard to add on to in that way.

I think it looks awesome personally. I just wanted to put it out there as a possible addition.

Crew Lander almost got sent over.

screenshot1341.png

There were several modifications for this, including the change from an S-IVC to what I cal the S-IVCX

screenshot1328.png

The only change is replacing the 2x J-2S of the original with one J-2X. It had a higher Isp so I thought it was better. The jury is still on on that. Regardless, it did not have enough fuel for TLI, let alone LOI. I was forced to send up a resupply mission using of the most cursed things I have ever made.

screenshot1351.png

KAS to the rescue!

5 hours ago, birdog357 said:

I am

Unless you have other part mods to get a SLA from, I wouldn't recommend using the Saturn Rescale. Rather I would patiently await Cobalt to get through everything else that is a higher priority before he gets back to Saturn.   Sure the Saturn Rockets are quite 0.64 scale.   BUT then again, and I wasn't around this forum thread when Cobaltwolf decided what size to use, the Saturn is basically made up of Stock or "logical" Stock progression sizes.   IIRC S-IVB would have to be 4.25m  to be 0.64 RL diameter, (same for S-I/-1B/-1(a) with E-1) The S-IV stage would end up being IIRC 4.0m Max Diameter, the AJ260s would also be 4.25m diameter.   Lets not talk about S-IC/S-II.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

2zPHJbb.png

Ugh,   Does this mean I get to bring litigation against you, Cobaltwolf, for using Asbestos on your F-1 Engines?   :P:cool::D

Seriously, while I won't likely use them, I think you took an ugly duckling and made it look like a Trumpeter Swan with that Insulation.   Is that a B9 Switch or is it a separate engine?  

Edited by Pappystein
Cleared up text to make more readable