[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, 1011300 said:

That looks amazing... I've just got into modelling and my stuff looks like a blindfolded Boris Johnson made them. Looking forward to having this fill the niche that FASA did in 1.0.5 - this stuff just looks great.

Welcome to the forums! :) Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy the mod!

By the way, what is your avatar? I've been looking at it for a couple minutes trying to figure it out!

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Welcome to the forums! :) Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy the mod!

By the way, what is your avatar? I've been looking at it for a couple minutes trying to figure it out!

An exploded view of the SLS.

Time to make also my congrats for the release, very happy to see the mod crossed this big achievement ! Always a pleasure to see the developpement of it and to be a very tiny part of the team, Happy release to everyone ! <3

Ps: as Cobalt said we're trying to find a way to update the manual since sadly KVV has stop working, hopefully @Tristonwilson12 is acutally trying hard to find a way to a KVV compatibility and I am very grateful towards him for this effort even if it will take a moment, the manual will be update one day !

15 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: What is the "Comet Saturn" on the Roadmap?

Saturn V. 3.75m Pyrios 2x F-1A boosters. S-IC w/ 6m stretch, 5x F-1As. Stretched S-II, J2-T Aerospikes or HG-3 high pressure engines. Full 5.625m diameter S-IVB with single engine. (All diameters are in KSP scale). Any questions? (Besides why it's called Comet. I don't have an answer for that.)

I honestly don't have any serious plans to make Nova (I'm more interested in growth Saturn V for any bigger rockets) so consider this my way of apologizing :P

DyyEOfY.jpg

6 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

What in the Kraken's name is that? It's an affront to everything.

I LOVE IT!

Looks like... Saturn-Shuttle, with an extra S-IC below it, with 4x S-ICs strapped to it.

4 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Time to make also my congrats for the release, very happy to see the mod crossed this big achievement ! Always a pleasure to see the developpement of it and to be a very tiny part of the team, Happy release to everyone ! <3

Ps: as Cobalt said we're trying to find a way to update the manual since sadly KVV has stop working, hopefully @Tristonwilson12 is acutally trying hard to find a way to a KVV compatibility and I am very grateful towards him for this effort even if it will take a moment, the manual will be update one day !

He said that he probably couldn't ever get it working. I don't know if @bigorangemachine still works on it. I will see if I can get you renders out of Maya (since I can define arbitrary resolutions there; Unity would be limited by my screen). Can you make a google doc with a list of all the stuff we need to add and share it with me?

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, DMagic said:

I updated ModuleScienceAnimate:

I didn't test anything, but it should be working OK, the changes were minimal. You can try it from GitHub. Let me know if there are any problems.

Going to tag @viveleroi, since he asked a bit higher up. Awesome news! I assumed that it would be a bit of a hassle, especially for a mod that doesn't see much use. Thanks for updating it so quickly!

16 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

NEVER! YOU CAN TAKE MY DAMN MEMES WHEN YOU PRISE THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS! AND EVEN THEN GOOD LUCK, BE CAUSE I WILL HAVE GLUED MY MEMES TO MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

M-R does not go to orbit. M-Atlas does.

*High Pitched Whiny Voice* Delete yourself!!!!! Also, Cobalt, thanks for everything. I now am inspired to do something semi-productive!!

Edited by KSPNerd

@Freshmeat that's 'Vessel Viewer'. 'Kronal Vessel Viewer' is different, and for rendering out orthographic views of rockets in the VAB.

Been thinking about Skylab, since it'll be nice to have a side project while I work through these Apollo variants. Some thoughts that I want feedback on...

maxresdefault.jpg

fetch.php?cache=&w=900&h=624&tok=eecdc3&

• The geometry of the entire station sucks. No bones about it.
  • Apollo Telescope Mount. Not going to rotate into position. Probably going to have players undock from top > redock it to a node. Means I'll have to provide some control and RCS on the ATM.
    • Corollary: Doing that means that there would be 3 docking nodes slots on the Multiple Docking Adapter, which means you get the ETS Spacelab MDA for free. Good news for me!
    • If you want more (like 4x docking ports + 1x on the end) you'll have to add some radial attachment plates.
  • Not going to be doing damaged Skylab. I don't want to make a whole separate variant for it.
  • Probably going to mostly ignore most trusswork around the ATM and the MDA. Too much work to get right, will have crazy stupid colliders, and will limit options. The Airlock Module will probably have it's trusses.
  • Airlock Module - since it's inset into the ring above the IU, I'm worried that Kerbals won't have enough space to get in and out. Probably going to have to rough it out, push it untextured through Unity, and verify that everything works.
    • Spacelab's adapter between the MDA and the station is different (see above picture) as a result of changes to how they used the space, and because the Skylab airlock was very poorly designed and put the whole crew at risk. The Spacelab airlock module was docked separately later, taking the top node that was the docking adapter for ASTP2.
    • Don't know what the proper arrangement will be to get fairings on this damn thing. Might have to make the S-IVB Instrument Unit a fairing base.
  • Solar panels - three different kinds. ATM panels, and then the normal and double length panels for Skylab/Spacelab respectively.
  • Combined radiator + mono + attitude thrusters for the bottom.
  • Spacelab will probably use the same main hull. There isn't that much of a difference.
  • European Research Module will probably happen, but not be the 'right' material; it will match the MOS texturing style most likely.
  • Science, wet workshops, etc will probably run on Wild Blue Tools.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Been thinking about Skylab, since it'll be nice to have a side project while I work through these Apollo variants. Some thoughts that I want feedback on...

maxresdefault.jpg

If it all comes down to shared assets again then I will shut up. If you can you should consider for Skylab and station parts making a whole new pack. Otherwise (not a complaint or a bad thing) this mod will be or very might already be a complete stock replacement mod.

2 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

If it all comes down to shared assets again then I will shut up. If you can you should consider for Skylab and station parts making a whole new pack. Otherwise (not a complaint or a bad thing) this mod will be or very might already be a complete stock replacement mod.

I, uh... crap. It was going to be in it's own folder... Meaning no shared textures. :P But then I'd have to start a new Github repo, make all new compatibility configs, make a new thread...

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I, uh... crap. It was going to be in it's own folder... Meaning no shared textures. :P But then I'd have to start a new Github repo, make all new compatibility configs, make a new thread...

That's perfect then people can pick and choose if they want it. I personally will just download anything you make anyway so....

I don't know what this is but it only happens with BDB installed. Its a strange flicker in the VAB it happens at seemingly random times but it happens most often when my cursor is on the right side of the left side of the screen about to click on a part. I took everything else back and added mods one by one and BDB where the issue seems to be and I tried it with just BDB installed. 

Everything is fine int he picture. 

roRc8Nz.png

Then I move the cursor to the left to the parts and this happens

XlaVk7t.pngIt seems to happen for varying lengths of time and for different reasons. However the game seems to play fine the rocket launches and I can play but it is quite an annoying glitch. I also don't know why it happens with BDB. 

Here is my ksp.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0 and player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

Finally here are the mods I have installed. 

DS2JIwH.png

Edited by sp1989