[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Does anyone know how to attach the interstage to the Delta-K stage? There's only one bottom node on the engine oof

it attaches to the bottom of the ring on the fairing base tank :)

6 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Yeah, but then it clips through the upper tank of the first stage for some reason

Wait what? I'm confused. To be clear - the node on the engine isn't used at all in the actual Delta II builds. The tank connects to the node on the bottom of the interstage. Post a screenshot of how you've built yours maybe? :)

1 hour ago, space_powder said:

Does anyone know how to attach the interstage to the Delta-K stage? There's only one bottom node on the engine oof

it goes on the fairing base. 

6 hours ago, damonvv said:

I can only do ASDS, and it's not that bad actually. I just need around 800 dV to land it.

I made mine in 2.5x, can only do peninsula landings, takes 400 m/s. Only 1900kg to orbit so its an interesting curiosity with no practical use.

Edited by Kerbal01

Edit: I opened a Github issue

@CobaltWolf on a test with new RealFuels I see these ExtraPatches not working well:

[LOG 00:30:12.733] [ModuleManager] Applying update RealFuels-Stockalike/BDB/RF_BDB_Apollo/@PART[bluedog_Apollo_Block2_Capsule,bluedog_Apollo_Block3_Capsule] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block2_Capsule/PART
[ERR 00:30:12.737] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key thrusterPower = #$/MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]/thrusterPower$

[ERR 00:30:12.737] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key thrusterPower = #$/MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]/thrusterPower$

[LOG 00:30:12.905] [ModuleManager] Applying update RealFuels-Stockalike/BDB/RF_BDB_Apollo/@PART[bluedog_LEM_Ascent_Cockpit] to Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_LEM_Ascent_Cockpit/PART
[ERR 00:30:12.907] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key thrusterPower = #$/MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]/thrusterPower$

[ERR 00:30:12.907] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key thrusterPower = #$/MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]/thrusterPower$

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 5/20/2018 at 6:09 PM, damonvv said:

Delta II -- Damon Edition

Come on, at least make it in 3x symmetry so the legs and boosters line up with the model :P

17 hours ago, Polyus said:

This is a real nutty request, but would it be possible to add the Hercules X-265 solid fuel engine?

I had to look it up - neat stuff, but probably not. :) Lots of other stuff on the to-do list that have more gameplay use.

On 5/21/2018 at 3:27 PM, Polyus said:

This is a real nutty request, but would it be possible to add the Hercules X-265 solid fuel engine?

Mmmm,  Zeus, Spartan, Sprint....    Fun.   Why don't we go for all of Project Bumblebee while we are at it?      I think that the sprint Engine is too far out of scope for BDB and more inline with one of the SM-Armory type mods.... IF anyone could get such an engine to not just break everything attached to it in KSP...

I fear everything would break at launch... even with KJR or lotsa struts or both.      a 1.5 second to Space (and burnout) engine is NOT KSP friendly.

EDIT:   POP QUIZ what was the original Zeus Anti Aircraft system?

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/sprint.html

Edited by Pappystein
Added URL with pictures of actual rocket the X-265 was for

2 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

But that isn't the only way to combine BDB with Cormorant...

Two things,

1) You only needed to add 2 additional fins to the S-IC?    And it flies well?

2) where are the Jet engines, the landing gears and the big wings, and the single crew cockpit so you can recover your S-ICs? :)

18 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Two things,

1) You only needed to add 2 additional fins to the S-IC?    And it flies well?

2) where are the Jet engines, the landing gears and the big wings, and the single crew cockpit so you can recover your S-ICs? :)

1) Thought I'd need to add more, but turns out that's enough (tough they are set to 150%)

2) That's coming in the next version :P

Edited by notJebKerman

Hey y'all, back from my fishing trip! Two things got worked on today: The 4xx Fairing Base for the Atlas V, and then I detoured into exprimenting with trying to achieve Porkjet-alike textures more or less procedurally using instancing and generated noise masking in Photoshop. If I manage to get it working at a level that justifies the effort put in vs my usual method I will post a tutorial about it. :)

oXhvT1r.pngArHb2IE.pngw5OSTog.png

25 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey y'all, back from my fishing trip! Two things got worked on today: The 4xx Fairing Base for the Atlas V, and then I detoured into exprimenting with trying to achieve Porkjet-alike textures more or less procedurally using instancing and generated noise masking in Photoshop. If I manage to get it working at a level that justifies the effort put in vs my usual method I will post a tutorial about it. :)

Great! Can't wait for the tut.