[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

19 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Thanks for the Lunar Orbiter picture link, but how do I assemble the cylindrical one with wrap around solar panels? I don't know what it is based on either?

The link doesn't work, but thankyou anyway. :)

You mean the Pioneer 6?

2 hours ago, akron said:

You have to click the little arrow at the top of the post preview

Or click on the Blue "<Author> Replied to a post" in the grey bar at the top of the image.

2 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Sorry for my ineptness, but how do you assemble the probes outlined in red:

A6VR1Xk.png

Left most is one of the few Soviet parts CobaltWolf put into the game and just needs antennas for it's RW mission.  (short term battery good for a few orbits before the probe dies.)   The Striped one Bottom center (sphere) is as it is (I think)  Beyond that IDK myself.

3 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Sorry for my ineptness, but how do you assemble the probes outlined in red:

A6VR1Xk.png

For those I mostly use : the white and black striped one is "Astérix" probe it goes on top of rosuette rocket it doesn't need anything else, the gold one is another french satelite called "diapason" it has a dedicated solar panel and one folding antenna if I'm right. The far left one is a soviet probe, for now it has no other part, the black semi sphere is pioneer 5 probe. I think the one with solar pannels on it is an english one... And the far right one should be humm maybe mariner 10 ? Not sure.

10 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Far right is the Ranger bus. There's a deployable (but non-retractable) panel, battery pack, and antenna for it, as well.

Yup, Ranger. Though you could use it for Mariner 1 and 2 as it used a modified Ranger bus. It is only missing the mast truss structure *cough* *cough* (Maybe it got finished, I don't have the latest Repo)

Well, that Muo V 53x worked like a treat...  And it is quite the photogenic rocket:

IEY58Kc.png

IL6OOWM.png

nwkIaoB.png

ZzQnu49.png

I think that the Delta II has a new stablemate in my "go-to boosters" roster. love.gif

Currently putting together a Muo V 401 to launch a replacement Minmus lander for my station...

4t5uu0f.png

Having to remove ~30% of the first stage fuel due to the light payload, but I'm not complaining... she looks gorgeous, doesn't she? :D 

5 hours ago, Gapone said:

The thrust curves are not stockalike either~ :sealed:

p.s. I am not a troll but just a bad critic and this is my "bad" critique

Thrust curves on solids are important for keeping TWR (and by extension Q) under control. Just because Squad (and others apparently) doesn’t understand how rockets work doesn’t mean people who do are somehow bad. Nor should we follow exactly what Squad’s vision (if any) is.

Edited by Stevphfeniey

4 hours ago, Deltac said:

Yeah exactly!

oh....

I.E. propellant to tank weight ratios are comparable, engine thrust to weight ratios are comparable, stuff like that. After all, it's been proven repeatedly that stock parts are OP for the stock scale solar system, and are fairly believable at 3.2x scale, so that's what CobaltWolf tuned BDB to match.

1 hour ago, Deltac said:

actually it's a good time to ask this question:  What do you guys use to rescale the universe in KSP 1.6.1?  Sigma Dimensions looks to be a dead mod.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/latest

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/latest

My rescale.cfg:

Spoiler

@PART:First
{
    @MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]
    {
        useKopernicusSolarPanels = false
    }
}

@SigmaDimensions:First
{
	// Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
	@Rescale = #$Resize$
	@Atmosphere = 1
	@dayLengthMultiplier = 1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape /= #$Resize$
	@geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
	@resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
	@CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
	@tempASL = 1
	@atmoTopLayer = 1
	@atmoVisualEffect = 1

@scanAltitude /= #$Resize$
}

Seems to work ok but I've only barely started using 1.6.1. It's not version locked like Kopernicus.

And it's not dead that I'm aware of. It's just not supported here on the forums for whatever reason.

6 hours ago, Jso said:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/latest

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/latest

My rescale.cfg:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART:First
{
    @MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]
    {
        useKopernicusSolarPanels = false
    }
}

@SigmaDimensions:First
{
	// Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
	@Rescale = #$Resize$
	@Atmosphere = 1
	@dayLengthMultiplier = 1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape /= #$Resize$
	@geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
	@resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
	@CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
	@tempASL = 1
	@atmoTopLayer = 1
	@atmoVisualEffect = 1

@scanAltitude /= #$Resize$
}

Seems to work ok but I've only barely started using 1.6.1. It's not version locked like Kopernicus.

And it's not dead that I'm aware of. It's just not supported here on the forums for whatever reason.

Sigma88 got sick of the typical stupid forum questions and no longer bothers with it.  SD is still an active mod, get support and the latest version from the Github, as you linked.

9 hours ago, Jso said:

@MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]] { useKopernicusSolarPanels = false } }

What effect does this have? I don't know if I've ever seen it go by in configs or otherwise.