[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Pardon if it's been asked before, but is big gemini a possiblity for this pack?

I do believe there is a Big G capsule in the mod, as for the service module, you could probably just use an Apollo SM.

11 hours ago, mr. engino said:

For the record, let it be known that I am a mature adult who does NOT have a childish sense of humor and is NOT using recently added parts to build phallic satellites, I swear!

OwO

2 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I do believe there is a Big G capsule in the mod, as for the service module, you could probably just use an Apollo SM.

OwO

I actually prefer to use @Orbital_phoenix 's Station Tug parts to make a 2.5m BigG Service module.   I only use 2 RL10 engines in his 4 engine plate and a Hydrolox tank.   Then I put an APAS active port between the Engines....   It is how an Apollo Launched BigG, with an Apollo derrived SM would have looked for the most part.

I hate to say this but BigG is where the TRAILS provided parts seems to.... I don't know... Fall Apart.   Aside from the addon BigG Crew module (that does not even come close to representing a real BigG as proposed) and it's associated Heatshield there are no BigG parts in this mod.   That isn't to say there are not a lot of GREAT parts in this mod that allow you to cobble together a BigG but.....  Not a BigG as proposed.   Part of that goes down to not enough different BigG modules (2crew and lots of cargo to 8 crew and no cargo were the IRL variants.)  In game we have what, 4 crew and no cargo.    Asside from making multiple BigG pod addons which will add confusion to the "weekend" gamer, or a major re-design of the entire Gemini Parts list (eliminating the Trails parts,) I don't see a solution.   I have been playing around in Blender on my own Gemini capsule... One with attachment points for the landing gears needed for the Rogilo wing, one with the a proper BigG module, 2 part service module/reentry system etc...   Long story short I am not as good at modeling as I thought I was (and I absolutely HORRIBLE at Texturing.)    And yes BigG should have the same type of cutouts for Landing gears on it's "bottom"   Both Gemini and BigG had multiple proposals to re-design to use the Rogilo wing after the inital Gemini program was procured.  IRL the Landing gear cutouts were used on the actual Gemini capsule to store additional Life Support as well as science experiments for the various flights.

1 hour ago, DriftNasty said:

Does the Aquilae still have restart capability?

Restart ability on the "SafeSolid" SRBs was removed in 1.5.0. They were never intended to be restartable, but when I originally made them I either didn't know you could disable that, or it wasn't an option in the engine cfg module. One of the many changes I forgot to document properly, apologies if that messes up any of your flight plans. :)

16 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Pardon if it's been asked before, but is big gemini a possiblity for this pack?

Yes. As others have said, the crew cabin is already in the mod because it was part of the original Trails Inc mod that we absorbed. I started working on a conical (2.5m > 3.75m) Big G service module last year but never finished it. I wasn't happy with the direction and quality so I'll probably redo at least the textures from scratch once I circle back to it. I'd also like to do the "expanded 2.5m" cylindrical service module.

EDIT: I might try and do a brief dev stream this afternoon (1-3 hours) once I finish the chores/errands I need to get done today. Starting NET 2 PM Eastern (~2 1/2 hours from the original time of this post).

Edited by CobaltWolf

Thanks for all the replies guys/gals. Didn't know the crew cabin was already in the mod that's really what I was looking for. Also, don't think I had heard of trails so nice to know about that. Love this mod!

Edited by Svm420

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Restart ability on the "SafeSolid" SRBs was removed in 1.5.0. They were never intended to be restartable, but when I originally made them I either didn't know you could disable that, or it wasn't an option in the engine cfg module. One of the many changes I forgot to document properly, apologies if that messes up any of your flight plans. :)

I liked that restarability.

That said, He's streaming.

So first of @CobaltWolf  WoW! the new LR-87 models bring so MUCH more detail and artistry to the Titan's First stage. if you are willing would you expand on what LR-87 variants you are planning on?  

I love the fact that you have gimballing Actuators on these engines, the Original, which I thought looked better than the stock Bobcat, looks PLAIN and DULL compared to your latest efforts.  Well done good sir!

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I found this by accident but I love this, I use either mechjebs scripts or smart parts timers to allow programable burn times and then shutoff. I always role played them as non restartsble anyway, it makes it so much fun and gives you a reason to have RCS/mini propulsion on even non-manoeuvring satellites

vLobSUg.jpgOh BTW did Someone ask about Scout uses?

That is an Agena-B+ Upper stage with a provisional Agena C (never flown IRL) engine.  Since I have my Solar panels on the narrower portion of the engine structure I have the flared fairing.  

Gets to ~530km non circularized orbit before Agena activates.  And since that is a Scansat mission (250km is about ideal for performance) I had to circularize on the downward leg of the suborbital flight.

cIoIK9m.jpg

Edited by Pappystein
2nd pic

@CobaltWolf I know there's not a lot of information on it, but maybe as a little off to the side add-on for one of the upcoming updates, do you think you could do the GX rocket? And maybe official parts for the Double-barrel Delta?

GX Rocket: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GX_(rocket)

GX second stage engine(Which interestingly enough runs off, or would have, natural gas):

http://global.jaxa.jp/projects/engineering/components/lng/index.html

On 2/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, dbandy13 said:

I found this by accident but I love this, I use either mechjebs scripts or smart parts timers to allow programable burn times and then shutoff. I always role played them as non restartsble anyway, it makes it so much fun and gives you a reason to have RCS/mini propulsion on even non-manoeuvring satellites

Exactly, that's what HAPS, OAM and the PBV are for :)

On 2/4/2019 at 8:12 AM, DriftNasty said:

The Leo(Gemini) parachute RealChute compatibility config has the wrong name. It needs to be bluedog_Gemini_Parachute_A in the first line, for the Real Chute to work.

Good catch, thanks!

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf I know there's not a lot of information on it, but maybe as a little off to the side add-on for one of the upcoming updates, do you think you could do the GX rocket? And maybe official parts for the Double-barrel Delta?

GX second stage engine(Which interestingly enough runs off, or would have, natural gas):

Not really interested, sorry. Trying to move back to focusing on historical stuff. And I'd never want to encourage double barrel Delta :)

2 hours ago, Gapone said:

The mercury pod says that it is a "rentry capsule".

Yes.

1 hour ago, Anders Kerman said:

Just wondering, does the J-2 have a mode for switching the fuel mixture like it did in real life?

No, but that's a good idea... @Jso what do you think? Would squeak a little more performance out of it...

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

GX was essentially an Atlas V 400 with a slightly different upper stage, its' performance would've been very similar to the Atlas.