[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, Jso said:

SmartParts does <1 sec timing?

Yes, you manually drag the slider over. As near as I can figure, each tick on the slider is 0.1 seconds.

The nodes were slightly repositioned to be consistent with the other interstages. Replace the fairing tank and interstage with fresh parts and it should line up.

Ah. I'll have to update the subassemblies, then.

I don't know if this is a bug/model error or not, but anybody else have it to where there's a large gap between the Saturn Lunar Adapter petals/doors and the bottom of the Apollo SM? Like the top of the petals seem to be set at a 2.85m diameter instead of 2.5m. I have tweakscale installed, but I haven't messed around at all with the sizes. 

39 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I don't know if this is a bug/model error or not, but anybody else have it to where there's a large gap between the Saturn Lunar Adapter petals/doors and the bottom of the Apollo SM? Like the top of the petals seem to be set at a 2.85m diameter instead of 2.5m. I have tweakscale installed, but I haven't messed around at all with the sizes. 

Is this the SLA with the detachable petals and the Saturn rescale? I don't think that particular SLA works with the rescale.

So, I took it upon myself to create subassemblies of the "Early Rockets" from the Fenris and Redstone all the way up to the Atlas V core. These are provided without payload, correct stating, or warranty, so use at your own risk. I still have a small handful to upload (Kerbal X only lets me do 10 at a time, and I have about 15 variants) I also didn't include the Daleth (Delta) and Muo (Atlas V) booster configurations, those have been helpfully provided by @MaverickSawyer Here's the link to the hanger I created for them. Enjoy, and happy flying.

https://kerbalx.com/hangars/54837

On 2/15/2019 at 12:45 AM, Jso said:

Is this the SLA with the detachable petals and the Saturn rescale? I don't think that particular SLA works with the rescale.

No, like I said I didn't rescale them at all. 

Also, is anyone else having trouble downloading Bluedog through CKAN?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

No, like I said I didn't rescale them at all. 

Also, is anyone else having trouble downloading Bluedog through CKAN?

Actually if you copied the BDB Extras folder into your GameData folder blind you DID re-scale them.   There is a sub-folder in BDB extra for Saturn Re-scaling.

From the sounds of what you are describing... you have that folder installed, hence JSO's question.

And cant answer your CKAN question because I won't use it anymore (too many problems with it.)

19 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Actually if you copied the BDB Extras folder into your GameData folder blind you DID re-scale them.   There is a sub-folder in BDB extra for Saturn Re-scaling.

From the sounds of what you are describing... you have that folder installed, hence JSO's question.

And cant answer your CKAN question because I won't use it anymore (too many problems with it.)

Ah, okay, yeah, I did install the extra folders I think

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I actually removed the saturn rescale files from my bdb extras, and the real fuels, as the saturn rescale gave me fits with skylab, and realfuels produced some real resource shortage issues during coast phases prior to circularization.

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

There is a lot of neat stuff in the Extras folder (My stuff is in there so I *AM* biased :)  )   I just don't like the Saturn or Titan Rescales (The Saturn MB config alters some Titan parts.)  Makes the parts not Kerbal anymore (you can't use them as easily with other parts.)

On 2/14/2019 at 10:32 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Btw, there will probably be some level of hiatus after tonight seeing as Metro Exodus releases tomorrow and that's like, the only new game I am interested in for 2019. :)

That game scares the bejesus out of me. 

9 hours ago, Pappystein said:

(The Saturn MB config alters some Titan parts.)

That's actually the only thing it does anymore, as the rest of the parts aren't 'extra' anymore. Alter isn't quite the right word, it's adding a rescaled 7-segment SRB and nosecone, but that's all it does. The original scaled part is left alone. (Source, I just looked at the file in the repository.)

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Why are the parachutes broken for me?

Define Broken. It is entirely possible that you are opening them too soon and they are getting destroyed by aero forces. If you set the atmosphere opening to .5 you should be good.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:11 PM, GoldForest said:

People really shouldn't be installing the extras folder unless they're willing to go through the configs and read them to understand what they're doing. It's not "BDB but more" it's "we're hosting personal configs that other people made so they don't get lost".

14 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

That game scares the bejesus out of me. 

As a veteran of the first two, this one is absolutely brutal in comparison. The start was a train wreck (no pun intended) as the game frantically tries to get to the status quo at the end of the third book but after that it gets a lot better. It's not perfect by any means, and still carries a lot of the flaws of its predecessors. But to me none of it is a deal breaker and when the game is good (and it often is), it's really really really good. This is the first game I've been excited to buy on release since Fallout 4 (which, some may remember, I rushed out the original BDB Atlas parts to get a release out so I could play... so... 3 1/2 years?) so its kind of a big deal for me. I'd estimate I'm... maybe halfway through what I know is in the game, based on the trailers etc. After that dev work will resume as normal. :)

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

The apollo chutes just won't slow me down. Period. 

So the chutes are open? Do you have FAR? Log? Other Mods? Sorry but if you can`t post an issue correctly we can`t help you. We are no fortune teller with a crystal ball.

7 minutes ago, Taki117 said:

@davidy12 The Apollo parachutes are working fine in a stock game with only this mod installed. What other mods do you have, and what's your reentry profile look like? It could be a combination of any number of things, but they do work as intended.

It's just a normal re-entry profile and nothing else. They just deploy at 1200M and do jack to slow me down. 

Here are my mods. 

o8MXtKb.png

UGibYIE.png

27 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

So the chutes are open? Do you have FAR? Log? Other Mods? Sorry but if you can`t post an issue correctly we can`t help you. We are no fortune teller with a crystal ball.

Also, I do have a log. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io5chbpmgdg2nuy/KSP.log?dl=0

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

It's just a normal re-entry profile and nothing else. They just deploy at 1200M and do jack to slow me down.

That is far too low if you're just deploying your chutes, especially with realchute. It takes a few seconds for them to deploy reefed, and then a handful of seconds to fully deploy. Watch your speed, bit 7-10km for pre-deploy and then 2500-5km for full deploy. 

Assuming you have it set up to pre-deploy at 1200m, and then immediately full deploy, there's not enough time for the chutes to fully deploy before you hit the ground.