[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

If you're into (somewhat) non-canonical and non-ETS builds, I strongly recommend Titan LDC. A proper build can lift a full Mun mission (CSM+LEM+LEM adapter+"super-Transtage" that can boost all that to the Mun in 2.5x system) to 120x120 orbit, with some dV to spare. And if you're into career, you'll save at least 100K(!!!) of funds.

Saturn V? What Saturn V? We're into Titans here, buddy. I love the smell of hydrazine in the morning.

1) I agree fully.   You can launch a Hydrolox (J-2 or LR87 Powered) LDC first stage with a minimum of Solid Rockets.    The Second Stage Hydrolox is awesome.   But you do need some sort of 3rd Stage that is Non Hydrolox cause Boiloff can kill your rocket before you can finish your TLI correction burns.      I have actually used 2x UA1203s (or was it 1204s?) plus 3x J-2s for the first stage with an All up Gemini Lunar mission up top (Gemini Lander x2, 3 Seat Gemini Capsule)  It was hard to get into initial Orbit in JNSQ but after I figured out the launch profile (Lofted like Saturn IB)

2) I assume you mean the smell of Aerozine since neither Hydrazine nor UDMH was ever burned in a Titan Rocket on the pad.    Sure it is a variant of, but it is not the same as Hydrazine :)

6 hours ago, Cedric Feldmann - Bear said:

Yep, supprised NASA didn’t go for a low cost Skylab based program using the Titan III’s.

The reason is simple.  NASA would have had to procure them through the USAF just like they did Gemini-Titan-II.   It was ***NOT*** a good experience for the Fledgling NASA.

Further the Moonshots sort of urinated all over the USAF space budget.   Can we say animosity?

It is also, in my opinion, a big reason that Big Gemini was not seriously perused.   It was viewed by NASA as requiring a USAF rocket and not a NASA rocket.     It was the cheapest "large capacity" capsule offer of record.   And without some weird stretch to Apollo (resulting in a new aerodynamic shape) the largest Volume capsule.   And it only had minor differences, aerodynamically (the nosecone was not scaled up with the rest of the capsule)    It was far easier to predict what a Gemini Stretch would do than an Apollo stretch.    remember, you could power 3 to 5 computers from back then with an Average Seiko or Timex wristwatch's computer today!  Lets not talk about the fact that the average Garmin watch has a bigger computer in it than the ENTIRETY of NASA combined back in 1966.

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

My general idea is that there will be a lot of... I guess "less legoable" stuff in the early game

Like the idea. The Explorers (also S-15 and S-46 from the previous post as well) look amazing.

tell me how to fix the Dona-LK217 Miniature Lander Can, and then stream :huh:

there, initially, it is not correctly rotated, as they look both from the cockpit and in fact back

Edited by Fan777
ы

13 hours ago, Nucluer said:

Hi there, are you awear of this bug?

Ak0acpi.pngNGjBPhn.pngmaUM9Kf.png

4 hours ago, Friznit said:

That's a known feature as a consequence of the updated docking port.  You need to nudge it down a bit with the alignment tools.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Could have sworn we fixed the attach nodes... Twice, actually.

Not a bug. You have to set the probe to retracted position in order for it to sit seemlessly.

Titan LDC to the Moon:

"Titan 5A"

Zxnk3N0.png

"Titan 5B"

WSOSHBU.png

These are mix between 3L2\3L4 and Barbarian, with a sprinkle of Saturn.

"5A" is a kind of Saturn IB analogue, but with better payload capacity to low orbit (it can orbit CSM+LEM in full lunar configuration, with some dV to spare). Uses two UA1207 SRBs and five LR87-11 on "short" first stage (medium upper tank), all engines are ignited at launch. Upper stage aka "Super-Transtage" features one LR87-11, four Titan 23G RCS blocks and LDC instrument unit. 3.75-3.125 adapter is hollow and can be used to hold extra fuel, monoprop, batteries or whatever.

"5B" is Moon rocket. Features four UA1207s, "long" first stage (large upper tank) and new second stage with two LR87-11, topped with Super-Transtage. SRBs and first stage put it to suborbital, second stage circularizes, Super-Transtage performs TLI. After that, it's the same old Apollo.

Both rockets require loft-ish trajectory, since TWR without boosters is low.

1 hour ago, Fan777 said:

there, initially, it is not correctly rotated, as they look both from the cockpit and in fact back

Did you heard something about kindness? There is no rason to be angry.

Whats wrong with the rotation? The Part is not for horizontal rather than vertical landings so the rotation is correct.

12 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Вы слышали что-нибудь о доброте? Нет рассона, чтобы сердиться.

Что не так с вращением? Часть предназначена не для горизонтальных, а для вертикальных посадок, поэтому вращение правильное.

Spoiler

GVldmfWgekU.jpg

7kq6gTOSgo4.jpg

and from the cockpit he does not smit in front of him, but back

Edited by Fan777
ы

3 hours ago, Fan777 said:

I'm sorry, I missed your posts. :/ I don't have access to the files for the cockpit anymore, and I cannot fix it.

You can. :) Rotate the IVA 180 degrees in the config (rotation = 0, 180, 0 or something like that). Just remember to rotate the props in Unity after that (best to parent them to an empty gameobject, rotate that, then move them back up the hierarchy).

It's also possible to offset and scale the IVA in that manner, though that can be notoriously annoying to fine-tune.

50 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

You can. :) Rotate the IVA 180 degrees in the config (rotation = 0, 180, 0 or something like that). Just remember to rotate the props in Unity after that (best to parent them to an empty gameobject, rotate that, then move them back up the hierarchy).

It's also possible to offset and scale the IVA in that manner, though that can be notoriously annoying to fine-tune.

I await your pull request. :)

I'm not even registered on Github (and I'm not modding KSP ATM, anyway). I don't want to register on yet another side to do one trivial thing, so you may end up waiting a while. :) 

it turned out to turn the model itself rotation = 0, 180, 0 and now the interior converges with the model, which basically suits me
The view from the cockpit is also normal.
I hope there will be no problems because of this

MODEL
{
    model = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_Gemini_LanderCan
    rotation = 0, 180, 0
}

Edited by Fan777
ы

1 hour ago, Fan777 said:

it turned out to turn the model itself rotation = 0, 180, 0 and now the interior converges with the model, which basically suits me
The view from the cockpit is also normal.
I hope there will be no problems because of this

MODEL
{
    model = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_Gemini_LanderCan
    rotation = 0, 180, 0
}

Thank you for posting your fix.

So I think I found a Kraken in the Donna lander...

2odPhG6.jpg

When I tried to disembark Jeb I noticed that I couldn't climb down from the capsule ladder to the fuel tank ladder. So I let go of the ladder and fell until Jeb hit the bottom ladder. When I grabbed the ladder again, the Kraken struck. Poor Jeb was accelerated extremely quickly to 32 m/s before he let go of the ladder and died from lithobraking. :(

Luckily,  I had a quicksave so my multi-launch Titan JNSQ Mun mission can go on. :)