[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

22 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Third time's the charm?

I think so! So now there's a III version (2.5m), in both stock and procedural, and a IIIE version (2.6m) in both stock and procedural. Ignoring my terms if they're wrong but you get the idea. The IIIE is either 0 or 1 segment, I'm assuming by design (I think I saw you mention that earlier).

11 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I think so! So now there's a III version (2.5m), in both stock and procedural, and a IIIE version (2.6m) in both stock and procedural. Ignoring my terms if they're wrong but you get the idea. The IIIE is either 0 or 1 segment, I'm assuming by design (I think I saw you mention that earlier).

Yeah we're not getting rid of the stock bases. The 3E fairing is limited to a single segment for the moment.

Just now, Zorg said:

The 3E fairing is limited to a single segment for the moment.

And it looks like the right proportions for Voyager... so that's what I'm messing around with.

Can you say anything about how a dual centaur mounts into the IIIE fairing? Do you use the interstage? Do you use the fairing's top node and then offset the interstage+payload downwards (errr, the fairing base upwards)? 

8 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

And it looks like the right proportions for Voyager... so that's what I'm messing around with.

Can you say anything about how a dual centaur mounts into the IIIE fairing? Do you use the interstage? Do you use the fairing's top node and then offset the interstage+payload downwards (errr, the fairing base upwards)? 

Yeah use the interstage, change it to the truss variant and attach it to the bottom of the fairing. There is a second bottom attach node just for that purpose, that way you can avoid the translation gizmo.

screenshot64.png?width=1499&height=843

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Quick question about new SAF fairings: apparently they cannot be staged like stock fairings. Is it by design, or I have some bug\mod conflict?

I didn't check if you could AG them earlier when I was in my playthrough but I was manually deploying them due to JNSQ plus trying to avoid/reduce Boil off of my Centaur Stage

4 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Quick question about new SAF fairings: apparently they cannot be staged like stock fairings. Is it by design, or I have some bug\mod conflict?

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I didn't check if you could AG them earlier when I was in my playthrough but I was manually deploying them due to JNSQ plus trying to avoid/reduce Boil off of my Centaur Stage

That is by design. You can deploy via the part action window or action group them but the intended use is to auto deploy at a preset altitude.

Edit: Looks like it can be done, although you will get a horizontal decoupler icon rather than a fairing icon.

Edited by Zorg

Little bit of a surprise for you guys, rather than just a fairing base...

screenshot815.png?width=1499&height=843

Yes its the Ariane 4 Speltra type Dual Payload Adapter. The fairing appears to be the same as Ariane 4 and the DPAF is probably a longer version from the same manufacturer.

screenshot818c.png?width=633&height=843

Flag decals

screenshot826.png?width=1499&height=843

screenshot827.png?width=1499&height=843

Staging icon will release the fairings, the DPAF needs to be decoupled manually from an action group or part action window. Just place it on top of the stock type CT3 fairing base (or DCSS perhaps?)

screenshot836.png?width=1499&height=843

screenshot840.png?width=1499&height=843

screenshot841.png?width=1499&height=843

gettyimages-527963798-2048x2048.jpg?widt

Screenshot_2020-03-01_20.53.23.png?width

Also make sure to update to yesterdays new v1.7.0 release of Simple Adjustable Fairings. @blowfish has kindly added features to accomodate us, for instance the Titan 3E fairing is now configurable. The Centaur section is fixed but the upper section of the cylinder can be lengthened now. This system will allow for the correct Delta II 9.5 ft fairing which is being worked on now.

unknown.png

Left is the minimum length (rather than cone only), middle is historical, and then from there on you can configure to desired length.

Edited by Zorg

50 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

Am I missing something?  I don't have access to any of the ranger parts outside of the core and comms dish,  most of the new trusses or decouplers seem to be missing entirely.

Are you aware of the Dev builds?  It's separate from the main build on github. 

14 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

yeah, I'm trying the one linked on the first page.  Is there one I'm missing with the parts?

When  you click development, make sure you have the Dev branch selected before click the clone/download button.  I had an issue where github gave me the main branch instead of the dev branch and I didn't notice xD

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Are you aware of the Dev builds?  It's separate from the main build on github.

2 hours ago, hikerchick29 said:

yeah, I'm trying the one linked on the first page.  Is there one I'm missing with the parts?

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

When  you click development, make sure you have the Dev branch selected before click the clone/download button.  I had an issue where github gave me the main branch instead of the dev branch and I didn't notice xD

Ok, it would seem I was just using an old master, never mind

Yeah, I forgot for a long time to change the link in the first page until people bugged me about it :P

Ok, it would seem I was just using an old master, never mind

As @MashAndBangers stated that is easy to do.  I have been flying almost exclusively Dev Builds for 2 years now and I still accidentally grab the masters at-least once a month or so!    It is my own fault (in a rush etc)  But still frustrating.

12 hours ago, Zorg said:

Left is the minimum length (rather than cone only), middle is historical, and then from there on you can configure to desired length.

Thanks for all of this!   Stuff I never expected is coming out before I can realize I need it (Just this AM I tried to do a GAMMA+AGENA SOT) with Voyager on the Titan IIIE fairing and it was too short!    You are a lifesaver!

A minor concern with these fairings and please correct me if I am wrong.   But isn't the Fairing supposed to prevent or at-least reduce Hydrogen boil off?    I ask because I kept the fairing closed while getting ready to burn with Gamma (or Centaur) and in both cases, the Hydrogen was completely depleted before I could even use the stage for it's intended purpose.    I wouldn't have bothered to keep the fairing in space (extra Mass) if I had known this would be an issue.   

Boiloff is set to 25% in the BDB menu.   I do not know if Nertea's Cryo engines is overwriting something (I haven't looked at the logs yet.)  

=============================================================================================

For those of you who do not know Gamma, it was a Hydrolox RL10 powered derivative of the Consolidated Vultee Rocket Division (AKA Convair Rocket Division AKA General Dynamics) Vega upper stage.   An alternative To Centaur JR (and we already have all the parts in game for it!)      Gamma + AGENA SOT is awesome for placing Voyager 1/2 and Pioneer 10/11 as it has both the Storable fuel in Agena (incorrect AZ50/NTO in my personal builds) and Hydrolox High Energy for the inital Burn (Gamma.)

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

A minor concern with these fairings and please correct me if I am wrong.   But isn't the Fairing supposed to prevent or at-least reduce Hydrogen boil off?    I ask because I kept the fairing closed while getting ready to burn with Gamma (or Centaur) and in both cases, the Hydrogen was completely depleted before I could even use the stage for it's intended purpose.  

The fairing sides arent really regular parts per se, I guess they dont occlude the sun, (the BDB plugin lowers boiloff when occluded I think). Will check with blowfish if its something he can look into though its kind of a niche use case.

... and so is an alpha for the new Mercury parts. :)

There's a lot left to finish, not the least of which is modeling a bag for the main chute now that its a separate part. But I'm just glad things work - the last two days were a real fight.

WljOPMO.png
gdvt3X6.png
GAA49j7.png
H8VOiL3.png
gpgr1Ik.png
tvzy1WR.png
S7UAPVi.png
Td9kpa2.png
n1eCNDW.png
FMGjXnK.png
dDNhzhz.png
4VYkn4k.png
5a5tfDk.png
4OnbpAB.png
inbLgkj.png
qIgUtmm.png

So, new Mercury.   I haven't even looked if you have it up on the Git yet...   THIS LOOKS AMAZING!   

Amazing Delta II 9.5 foot accurate fairings and Mercury on Spring Ahead Sunday!   Thanks for the great work!

So I don't understand what exactly is going on but when I load the mercury capsule (the new one from the dev branch), I get a lot of null reference exceptions stating object reference not set to an instance of an object and an error when I added the mercury rcs that says part module 1 doesn't implement IScalarModule. I don't know what any of that means and I'm more concerned by the fact the mercury capsule and the rcs part have textures that looks weird. Like as if the texture was separated and put all over the capsule at random spots. I've tried all sorts of things to fix it including booting up a new install of KSP. Admittedly I have a lot of mods but I don't have a clue what could be causing this. I'm reasonably sure I've done something wrong though seeing as everyone else seems to be loading it fine.

6 hours ago, Dash1310 said:

So I don't understand what exactly is going on but when I load the mercury capsule (the new one from the dev branch), I get a lot of null reference exceptions stating object reference not set to an instance of an object and an error when I added the mercury rcs that says part module 1 doesn't implement IScalarModule. I don't know what any of that means and I'm more concerned by the fact the mercury capsule and the rcs part have textures that looks weird. Like as if the texture was separated and put all over the capsule at random spots. I've tried all sorts of things to fix it including booting up a new install of KSP. Admittedly I have a lot of mods but I don't have a clue what could be causing this. I'm reasonably sure I've done something wrong though seeing as everyone else seems to be loading it fine.

You're looking at the old Mercury capsule not the new one (the textures got overwritten).

10 hours ago, TheBritishEmpire said:

Hey, I've been having an issue with the BDB mod. Basically, I get this error message:

unknown.png?width=567&height=406

And none of the parts are installed. If it helps, it occurs in KSP 1.9.1 and 1.9.

If none of the parts are showing up that sounds like an installation error. If you are installing manually from spacedock make sure your folder structure is correct:

Gamedata/Bluedog_DB

not

Gamedata/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB

Screenshot_2020-03-09_10.43.39.png?width

Edited by Zorg

My 2 cents about new Mercury:

- It's AWESOME!

- Main kick motors are misaligned a little (see 1st screenshot). This can be easily fixed with move tool

- Reaction wheels are too powerful for a 800kg craft, IMO.

- Looks like Gus Grissom had a say about new Mercury... (2nd screenshot)

bcRJWBI.png

F4aSR1N.png

[