[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Would it be at all possible to add the option to disable the raceways on more thor parts , namely the boattail , HOSS parts , interstage and perhaps some of the adapters ?

Hm, which parts do you mean? There are already a boattail, HOSS-parts, interstages and many adapters included in BDB.

14 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Hm, which parts do you mean? There are already a boattail, HOSS-parts, interstages and many adapters included in BDB.

They're not asking for those parts, they're asking if the raceways can be disabled/removed as an option. 

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.

First some context; I'm playin in RSS without RO, and I use SMURFF for balancing the wet/dry masses of most fuel tanks that I use. Now I did quite some reading and I found out that BDB excludes SMURFF in the directory GameData/BDB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff. My question regarding this is that if I set ExcludeSMURFF to false(or remove.. whichever works);will SMURFF be able to act on BDB's parts without any issues or not?

If anybody has already done this please do tell me. TIA

4 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Is that the F-1A? Nice. :)

err that would be F-1B.....   But I have miss-typed it in the past myself :D

Oh and Thanks Cobalt for listening to us when we are on the stream with you!   You are as always AMAZING :D

PS 3DPrinting comes to the Engines on BDB :D   (F-1B had a few proposed 3D printed parts)

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

So the 1.8 Saturn revamp is now planned for 1.7? God...

I guess the "dev version" is now "release version with constant updates". Or "perpetual early access", if you wish.

A Quick engine does not a Saturn Update make.   After all.....   All the Saturn Engines were remade in BDB 1.6(?)  with no Saturn Update.    F-1B utilizes much of the work from that F-1/F-1A (all details at the top)   Making a simple throat with little texture, a new Turbopump exhaust and a simple black bell.  Probably didn't take all that long to do.

Conversely the wires on Centaur T........

Edited by Pappystein

15 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

err that would be F-1B.....   But I have miss-typed it in the past myself :D

No, I meant the one on the left. It's an F-1 in general layout, but it's got those F-1B-like tubes on the sides. 

25 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

No, I meant the one on the left. It's an F-1 in general layout, but it's got those F-1B-like tubes on the sides. 

err thats been in the game since 1.6?

exactly 3500 items in the Bluedog_DB folder as of this dev update!   :)

I cannot access several parts like the apollo active docking port, the engine for gemini service module, the main engine for the sandstone they are not available in the parts menu. It might be because of the fact that I couldn't find the 1.9.1 version so I downloaded the 1.10.1 

Edited by Delta dart

46 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

err thats been in the game since 1.6?

Blankets, but not the tubes. That said, it looks like it was a SNAFU on Wolfy's part, not a custom look for the F-1A. :) 

So, I may just be dumb, but the Kane parachutes don't seem to work for me. The pod gets through the the fiery part alright, but then the parachutes barely seem to slow it down at all before it slams into the- Lithobrakes at 200+ m/s. Is there a trick to them?

5 hours ago, DA299 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.

First some context; I'm playin in RSS without RO, and I use SMURFF for balancing the wet/dry masses of most fuel tanks that I use. Now I did quite some reading and I found out that BDB excludes SMURFF in the directory GameData/BDB/Compatibility/Rescale/BlueSmurff. My question regarding this is that if I set ExcludeSMURFF to false(or remove.. whichever works);will SMURFF be able to act on BDB's parts without any issues or not?

If anybody has already done this please do tell me. TIA

That used to work, but with all the part switching we've got going on these days I really don't know what SMURFF might do. You'll probably get a better answer asking in the SMURFF or RSS threads.

Even with SMURFF, a full size solar system requires full size rockets. BDB is 64% scale so you might not get the results you expect.

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey uh so I accidentally-

5Bd2gXZ.png

@CobaltWolf F-1B? Kool. But, I'm a little confused as to why. The only application for the F-1B that I know of is the Pyros booster for the Constellation and now SLS projects. So, what's the purpose of adding it? Just to round out the F-1 family or...?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf F-1B? Kool. But, I'm a little confused as to why. The only application for the F-1B that I know of is the Pyros booster for the Constellation and now SLS projects. So, what's the purpose of adding it? Just to round out the F-1 family or...?

JwoWBgc.jpg

We will finally be able to make a "Saturn Mk.2" in stockalike form from the base SLS studies, after constellation was canned...

oh, btw @Zorg, any chance we'll get a generic looking 5.625m/3.75m SAF fairings for Saturn?

Edited by flamerboy67664

29 minutes ago, flamerboy67664 said:

JwoWBgc.jpg

We will finally be able to make a "Saturn Mk.2" in stockalike form from the base SLS studies, after constellation was canned...

oh, btw @Zorg, any chance we'll get a generic looking 5.625m/3.75m SAF fairings for Saturn?

But that would make Saturn Mk 2 a "Modern rocket" and @CobaltWolf Has said they don't want to do anything modern. So I'm still confused. Also, when did they talk about bringing the Saturn V back? I only remember hearing about the engines, but not the rocket itself. 

Also, we might not get fairings until BDB 1.8 with the Saturn update. @CobaltWolf Has stated they might change the size of the saturn rocket to fit more real world sizes. The current Saturn V is way under sized. @Zorg Would be wasting their time by making Saturn fairings if the Saturn V sizes change from 5.625/3.75 to 6.25/4.375.

12 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

But that would make Saturn Mk 2 a "Modern rocket" and @CobaltWolf Has said they don't want to do anything modern. So I'm still confused. Also, when did they talk about bringing the Saturn V back? I only remember hearing about the engines, but not the rocket itself. 

Also, we might not get fairings until BDB 1.8 with the Saturn update. @CobaltWolf Has stated they might change the size of the saturn rocket to fit more real world sizes. The current Saturn V is way under sized. @Zorg Would be wasting their time by making Saturn fairings if the Saturn V sizes change from 5.625/3.75 to 6.25/4.375.

Hmm, valid points....

but the point is that we can build these things now with the F-1B added in....you can get the Extended Saturn V tankage from BDB already and Restock/reDirect/NFLV has good J-2X analogues...

Here's where they talked about the "Saturn Mk2" as one of the non-SDLV derived SLS concepts which did not get chosen in the end: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/20120013881

the 2MLBf GG (gas generator) engine is essentially a F-1B.

Edited by flamerboy67664