[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 9/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, davidy12 said:

@Zorg out of curiosity, you still on 1.8.1 or have you gotten JNSQ to work on 1.10.1?

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I am using the 1.10.1 adapation of Kopernicus called.... err umm...  (goes to JNSQ page....)  

Here we go:

I haven't done anything out of the Kerbin SOI (I haven't played a lot of KSP since I got back to work... but I typically draw down in the summer and build back up in the winter when it comes to my KSP play time.)   So I don't know if any weird planet issues are presented... but it is working.

I know others mentioned it but I didn't see a link shared so... well Link shared :D

Edited by Pappystein

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

UHHHH... Just delete them. What's going on with your Ships folder?

i delete the files 

they still show up in ksp

its really simple

5 minutes ago, Alsos said:

@Hadron27Could you describe your problem? Do you delete the crafts only to have them magically reappear?

i deleted the files and they still show up when i try and load a craft in ksp!

That would be your problem. Steam automatically backs up your craft files so if you delete them accidentally out of the game nothing is lost. This makes it very hard to delete any crafts already installed. What you should do is to open the game, delete the craft files, and then exit using the main menu. This should keep steam from replacing the crafts. Other than that I would recommend duplicating the ksp folder steam installed and using that to play instead, as that makes steam not interfere, and you can continue to duplicate it to have multiple version to freely mod. Say one ksp folder for Realism overhaul and one for stock.

Edited by Alsos

8 minutes ago, Hadron27 said:

steam yes

folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Ships\VAB

Go into

/Kerbal Space Program/Saves/(name of save file)/ships/(vab or sph)

They are saved in there too

And if they still reappear, that's steam restoring your backup.

In that case delete the ships in game.

38 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

How long has the Control Point feature been in the Leo capsule? Is this an expression of Cobalt's hatred for yawing to orbit? Whatever brought it to be, I flippin love this feature.

Gemini flew with the starboard side pointing to the ground and the port side to space while riding Titan. The control point is so you can build it this way and fly with the navball in the correct attitude during launch.

For a 100% correct Gemini-Titan, build the Gemini spacecraft and then rotate it 90 degrees so the top is on the VAB door side. Then build the Titan GLV normally under that. During the launch phase use the "Launch" control point, and on reaching orbit switch to the "Flight" control point and roll to heads up or whatever attitude you desire.

I don't know why they did it this way. My guess is either horizon visibility or a requirement of the ejection seats.

1 hour ago, Hadron27 said:

why cant i delete the damn craft files?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DELETE THE FILES WITHOUT THE DAMN LOAD CRAFT SCREEN SHOWING THEM NO MATTER WHAT I DO

59 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

And if they still reappear, that's steam restoring your backup.

If you are using Steam make certain you have Cloud Synchronization TURNED OFF.     Right click on the KSP entry in your library,   Go to PROPERTIES, select the UPDATES tab on the new window and then make certain Cloud Synchronization does not have a check mark next to it!    Hope that helps!

52 minutes ago, Jso said:

I don't know why they did it this way. My guess is either horizon visibility or a requirement of the ejection seats.

I have read in several 2nd and 3rd source documents (so not real reliable,) that this was exactly it (Ejection seats able to clear launch structures near the pad during launch.)   Why they didn't roll 90 degrees after being skyward.   Probably still the ejection seats but I like to think it is because NASA administrators were punishing the pilots for thinking they should be able to fly ships on their own! :D

Edited by Pappystein
de kerbalized my text

2 hours ago, Jso said:

For a 100% correct Gemini-Titan, build the Gemini spacecraft and then rotate it 90 degrees so the top is on the VAB door side. Then build the Titan GLV normally under that. During the launch phase use the "Launch" control point, and on reaching orbit switch to the "Flight" control point and roll to heads up or whatever attitude you desire.

Huh, well if you just build it normal (i.e. no rotations) then what it lets you do is roll the craft on launch so that astronauts are on their backs, but still use the D key.

N9ltJon.jpg

Redirect SLS with BDB DCSS and Delta IV boosters
The SLS and boosters actually were burning fuel at the same rate. Had to cut the SSMEs down to 50% thrust.

Also @Zorg Is the nose cone separation motors supposed to induce a roll on the boosters? Mine always seem to roll for some reason. 
Also also, is it possible for you to make a part that just has a bunch of random thrust transforms to create a pseudo Delta IV fireball effect?
Also also also, any plans to make the 7m or 8m CBCs as seen in the Delta IV User's guide?

Edited by GoldForest