[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

20 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

@Starhelperdude I take it this spins down before docking?

yeah, I've taken some artistic liberties in the design though, 2 of the lower docking ports are just windows, and I removed most of the external skylab science experiments

1 hour ago, Adam-Kerman said:

curious thought, do think the Block III CM's would have white paint on it for Spacelab Missions?

I asked this question earlier, and it's never discussed in the ETS timeline as far as I'm aware, and none of the fan-made renders show them as such, but I don't think it would be unreasonable. One counterpoint to that however is that the Skylab CSMs were modified from originally short-duration Block II CSMs, so the paint was kinda necessary for thermal control, but the Block III/III+/IV CSMs were built to be taxi vehicles that were designed to stay in orbit for extended periods, so maybe they didn't need the paint? I don't know though.

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I asked this question earlier, and it's never discussed in the ETS timeline as far as I'm aware, and none of the fan-made renders show them as such, but I don't think it would be unreasonable. One counterpoint to that however is that the Skylab CSMs were modified from originally short-duration Block II CSMs, so the paint was kinda necessary for thermal control, but the Block III/III+/IV CSMs were built to be taxi vehicles that were designed to stay in orbit for extended periods, so maybe they didn't need the paint? I don't know though.

Wouldn’t them being in orbit for longer than normal mean that paint was necessary 

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Wouldn’t them being in orbit for longer than normal mean that paint was necessary 

I mean there's current vessels that don't have the passive thermal control paint. I'm just guessing that the CSMs used for Skylab weren't originally designed to remain docked for long periods of time and the paint was just one of the ways they could cheaply modify them. With Block III it was designed from the ground-up to be a station taxi, so maybe something other than the paint was used, but I don't know, maybe the paint was used.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, Pappystein said:

HA!  I didn't even notice.   I had issues the previous itteration of the update with ZERO effects.  Now I have no waterfall effects and the Old school partical stuff... will look at fixing that ASAP!

naw don't fret over it.  You have the exact edition my source mentions.   

Yet again a source cite that has nothing to do with the source or the cited materials

I've been thinking, you say that the S-4 developed into the LR-105 right? The Altas was entering service in 61, that means it's engine was developed before that and any paper engine it was evolved from would have been even earlier. 

56 minutes ago, rockettime03 said:

lmao this looks like the s-ivb is about to eat the gemini

I take it you have never seen the old James Bond Movie, You Only Live Twice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Only_Live_Twice_(film)

That is basically right out of the movie... except it was a Japanese industrialist with Ties to Spectre and not NASA.

Ignore the CCCP on some of the shots.  It was subterfuge

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I take it you have never seen the old James Bond Movie, You Only Live Twice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Only_Live_Twice_(film)

That is basically right out of the movie... except it was a Japanese industrialist with Ties to Spectre and not NASA.

Ignore the CCCP on some of the shots.  It was subterfuge

You know for a 60s movie spaceship the design was pretty thoughtful.  

36 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Probably a bug but the game thinks Hermes M-LCM Recovery Module is 20.3m tall

Probably because the parachute canopy mesh isn't named canopy so the game doesn't know to use the undeployed size in size calculations

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

3 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Saturn Shuttle - With Reusable S1-C!

jcXWKTF.jpgJS6boPk.jpgaa8Ch3h.jpgch7gZZ4.jpgWpSZmn9.jpgKCf5QJE.jpg

Easy to fly but hard to look away from! It sure is something! Hope you guys like this as much as I am loving the revamp! :D 

Why not put the spacecraft on top of the stack where God and Heinlein intended it?

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

It has a lot of problems but yeah,  It is light years better than just about every other rocket in movies up to that point.

And still better than most afterwards

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Therapist: Soviet Atlas isn't real it can't hurt you

Soviet Atlas: