[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

13 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Probably because the parachute canopy mesh isn't named canopy so the game doesn't know to use the undeployed size in size calculations

It most certainly is named canopy, is the thing...

I threw together a 4x/5x mount for the E-1s to go on S-1 last night, but forgot to push it to Git. Will take care of once I'm home from the office today. In the meantime:

yu5pSX1.png

sCGZO6d.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I threw together a 4x/5x mount for the E-1s to go on S-1 last night, but forgot to push it to Git. Will take care of once I'm home from the office today. In the meantime:

yu5pSX1.png

sCGZO6d.png

Minerva when?

57 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I did a Minerva back in the day by rescaling LDC tanks to 2.5m and restock 2.5m tanks to 1.5m. Odd choice perhaps but this was long before the thor/delta update and the stripes worked out better this way.

I remember that. I just really like Minerva.

I am flying alot of thor able and delta missions with engine ignitor. I disabled ullage simulation in the aj 10 (bluedog_Able_Engine) config because the tank is pressurized if I am not mistaken.  I am just wondering if I am correct about this. I do not want to add ullage motors or rcs trusters if the real thing did not have it and cannot find staging details of the real rocket. 

48 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

I am flying alot of thor able and delta missions with engine ignitor. I disabled ullage simulation in the aj 10 (bluedog_Able_Engine) config because the tank is pressurized if I am not mistaken.  I am just wondering if I am correct about this. I do not want to add ullage motors or rcs trusters if the real thing did not have it and cannot find staging details of the real rocket. 

There is a bit of a myth in the community that pressure fed means no ullage required. This isnt true. Even the LM needed ullage. I struggle to find any bipropellant stages that dont require ullage. The Agena D engine (and its not even pressure fed) does not require ullage because it uses a special sump tank to feed the engine for start that I supposed can deliver the fuel cleanly. Technically its not the engine that doesnt need ullage per se, the fuel feed system on the Agena D is able to feed the engine. IIRC I also dont have ullage requirement on the RS30 because I found something in the docs, I think something about a pumped idle mode or something where it can blow donw some propellant using the secondary pumps enough to provide self ullage.

I dont know the exact physics behind the problems even with pressure fed stages needing ullage to settle it but this the information I've found. Mostly by looking up the sources in the Realism Overhaul engine config templates (which cite sources and are well researched).

Edit: to answer the first question, the Ables were hotstaged 

Edited by Zorg

17 hours ago, derega16 said:

And still better than most afterwards

Therapist: Soviet Atlas isn't real it can't hurt you

Soviet Atlas:

Too true.  and yes fake Soviet that is a Single Stage Atlas (lets call it an Atlas B booster :D )

18 hours ago, birdog357 said:

Why not put the spacecraft on top of the stack where God and Heinlein intended it?

Cause Bob said not too? :P

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

yu5pSX1.png

sCGZO6d.png

k99T4I6.jpg

Good needed a 5th engine :D

and thanks for pre-empting me on that :D

4 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

screenshot1555.png
screenshot1561.png
screenshot1564.png
screenshot1551.png
LDC texture touchups pretty much done. Just need to fix a couple details and bugs

Now THIS is something I didn't know I even wanted. Thanks a lot for improving these tanks, they're unbelievably useful for all kinds of stuff, not just Titan.

I can't seem to be able to dock.

I have two rescaled ASPM docking ports.

One of them is passive, the other is active.

When I try to dock, the craft just hits the port and does not move any further.

The active one's ring is extended.

I suppose it might be because I rescaled it (which you can't do with stock ports) or maybe because it needs a specific orientation.

Please help. I already deorbited one and am not looking forward to doing it to the other one.

9 minutes ago, 1something said:

I suppose it might be because I rescaled it (which you can't do with stock ports) or maybe because it needs a specific orientation.

Please help. I already deorbited one and am not looking forward to doing it to the other one.

Have you tried retracting the ring?

Added a variant to the Skylab/S4B fairing without the wallbase for a shorter minimum length (still adjustable via wall segments). This option is only available on the fairing base itself not the airlock modules.

unknown.png?width=970&height=782

1 hour ago, 1something said:

the ring is to be kept extended for intial "soft docking" to make contact and align. Once soft docked and the petals are interlocked, retract the ring on the active version to hard dock. If this doesnt work its probably due to the rescale.

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Added a variant to the Skylab/S4B fairing without the wallbase for a shorter minimum length (still adjustable via wall segments). This option is only available on the fairing base itself not the airlock modules.

unknown.png?width=970&height=782

the ring is to be kept extended for intial "soft docking" to make contact and align. Once soft docked and the petals are interlocked, retract the ring on the active version to hard dock. If this doesnt work its probably due to the rescale.

Is this the same one as "Voyager Fairing" mentioned in some doccument?

3 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Is this the same one as "Voyager Fairing" mentioned in some doccument?

More or less. I think for voyager 73 the short sidewall seen here would not be there, just the pure conical section, but this is close enough perhaps. The straight sidewall is still here because I integrated that section it into the nosecone itself when I made skylab. It makes the fairing look less repetitive where the wallbase, the extension wall segments and the area just below the cone all look different.