[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, Staticalliam7 said:

Couldn't a Engineer kerbal just shift it ever so slightly?

@CobaltWolf have you ever considered Sea Dragon parts?

You already asked this on the previous page, but I'll go ahead and answer again.

No. The docking ports needed to be moved completely as modules would have not fit otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Staticalliam7 said:

@CobaltWolf have you ever considered Sea Dragon parts?

54 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

No, nope, never ever.

Nah, too much on the FM side of AM/FM. It's kind of a joke to me, tbh. It seems like less of a genuine proposal, and more an idea being taken to it's ridiculous, if logical, conclusion (big, dumb, cheap rocket).

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Nah, too much on the FM side of AM/FM. It's kind of a joke to me, tbh. It seems like less of a genuine proposal, and more an idea being taken to it's ridiculous, if logical, conclusion (big, dumb, cheap rocket).

What about Sea Dragon Heavy?
zi0d6nk437281.jpg

6 hours ago, Beccab said:

What about Sea Dragon Heavy?
zi0d6nk437281.jpg

Love how the side boosters still have the command capsules on top of them (for those who don't know, the instrument unit was located in that Apollo style command capsule).

Edited by Jcking

war6cwg.jpg

7YeWlkp.jpg

vtXBzle.jpg

3SJzv31.jpg

February 15th, 1982 - Monday before noon saw the launch of the Saturn IL, L standing for LRB, with the ESA Spacelab Module. The month-long investigation into the F-1A's under performance during Expedition 1's launch found that the problem was due to a faulty fuel turbopump. A problem in the new assembly line for the F-1As caused the impellors of the F-1A's turbopump to not spin at optimal RPM. All F-1As were pulled from spacecraft and inventory then given new turbopumps. After several test fires, the new turbopumps were cleared for flight. 

The ESA module was the first non-American module to be launched to Starlab ISS, but it won't be the last. Russia is already preparing the Zarya module for launch, which is scheduled to launch after the Spacelab Telescope and Science Module, or STSM. The STSM itself is due to launch in a week from today. Expedition 2 is also expected to launch the day after STSM. 

The launch schedule is getting busy. 
February 23rd: Launch of STSM
February 24th: Launch of E-2 aboard Apollo Blk V
February 25th: Launch of Cargo-1 (C-1) aboard Aardvark Block I
Between February 26th - 28th: Launch of Zarya + Docking Spacer Module
Between February 28th - March 2nd: Launch of E-3 aboard Soyuz (Launch dependent upon Zarya)
Sometime in March: Launch of Node 1, aka Unity, aboard Space Shuttle Enterprise

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

Whatever happened to those Block II service module repaints we saw a couple months ago?

We've locked them away until Invader finishes the probe update :)

26 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

did Thor Burner 1 use 1 or 2 of the spin-stabilized altairs? I can't reach orbit with just one but 2 altairs make it too tall

also, what fairing is to be used with Thor Burner 2?

I don't know if Burner 1 is "officially" supported, so to speak. I don't think I've ever tested it, personally. I don't think it was spin stabilized (that's what the Burner 1 attitude control kit was for). You're using the highest performing Altair, I assume?

Scaling issues between the parts prevented a proper Burner 2 fairing from being made. I know the Star-37 was rescaled, I don't know if the Burner 2 kit was as well. It may be possible to make a proper fairing for it now.

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Very nice project you've got going here! After studying concepts like these, sometimes it seems like a real shame that stations of this size and scope just were not possible after fully committing to the Space Shuttle.

I checked out your album. Does your S-IV stage remain attached the ESA Lab all the way to rendezvous?