[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

35 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Are there any plans for what's going to be included in future updates involving Nuclear Apollo parts yet or is it still in very early phases?

early phase right now, but basically Nerva I and II are confirmed. Beyond that probably dedicated mounts for 6.25 and 4.25m tanks (we would presume to use the S4B or SII tankage), maybe large docking ports. We'll have to see.

19 minutes ago, Zorg said:

early phase right now, but basically Nerva I and II are confirmed. Beyond that probably dedicated mounts for 6.25 and 4.25m tanks (we would presume to use the S4B or SII tankage), maybe large docking ports. We'll have to see.

In 1961, the D Series of Saturns were to be the nuclear powered ones.  They all used longer 4.25m tanks (KSP scale obviously)    One "Test" Rocket had essentially a S-IVB tank with a conic front so you could get away with it for that one.   I do not know if the IU would be used in that (it was a simple line drawing, no details at all)

OucKOJt.png

ZZ3i1xV.png

OzFhB3G.png

phL1rKt.png

Q4bTHDB.png

ee5750E.png

Full Album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So, I grossly miss underestimated the power needed to get Unity to Zarya... the Saturn MB M43 booster didn't burnout until around 50Km ish I think, and the AP was almost to 200KM already. 

And of course, a teaser:
awS9Vpp.png

if you're wondering why I have such a large fairing for such a small payload... the dish clips through the standard diameter fairings... "Just use procedural fairings or use the stock fairing one." No, I want SAF!

Edited by GoldForest

I don't know if this was answered or not but I'm having trouble with the ASLEP. I can't put them in the Lunar lander's or any storage, all they do is they do shrink and show the weight but when I click on the storage to put them in nothing happens. However I am able to put Vanilla objects like the lamps in the storage compartments and use them.

I don't know if it's because I need Breaking Ground, KIS or have to restart my career mode or if it's a bug.

1 hour ago, Pudgemountain said:

I don't know if this was answered or not but I'm having trouble with the ASLEP. I can't put them in the Lunar lander's or any storage, all they do is they do shrink and show the weight but when I click on the storage to put them in nothing happens. However I am able to put Vanilla objects like the lamps in the storage compartments and use them.

I don't know if it's because I need Breaking Ground, KIS or have to restart my career mode or if it's a bug.

you need breaking ground since the parts directly use the surface science system introduced in the DLC. the alsep parts also rely on several of the stock BG components like the central station and RTG

i found an interesting bug with the titan SRBS 
im working on waterfall configs for BDB srbs and other mods and i found this bug out
if you start the engine using the paw menu it uses the angeled thrust tranform 
9ZVMpzj.png
But if you use the staging action it uses the inline thrust transform
QJ82m9S.png
yes those two boosters use the same template 

On 4/4/2022 at 8:33 AM, Starhelperdude said:

Not saturn-related:

the IUS 2nd stage doesn't fit the titan 34Ds fairing

unknown.png

Here's my personal solution, a rotated Centaur interstage (set to "Longer") and a bit of work with the Offset tool.

In this configuration the IUS's first stage nozzle fits snugly into the Titan second stage's control block.

ZkSRkVi.png

Edited by KeaKaka

The Momo lander which used 98% Apollo era hardware just touched down.

20220407131726_1_by_pudgemountain_df3abqg-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjNhYnFnLTQwNjFkM2U0LTM4MjYtNDk0Mi1iNTFhLWQzMGE1ZTQ3YTRlZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.uouyz-aFhcOmiiWj6FA5VvP0zGXnZwApxq9G0thVL4s

The event was televised though 1: Some shots are a bit obstructed and 2: I wonder how the Ranger's TV cameras could survive Moho since the Geiger counter and thermometer melted.

20220407131639_1_by_pudgemountain_df3abqn-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjNhYnFuLTViYmU0OGM5LWNmOTMtNDQxYi05ZjMxLTU1ZTFkNWM1MGE1Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.h4KzID5A9Hbe52Z6TyrbCoBqzKL-tZ4xuYDbFkV8sec

20220407131642_1_by_pudgemountain_df3abql-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjNhYnFsLTEwOTU5NTJjLTU3N2YtNDU2Ni1hYzdiLTZkN2UxYmYwNmVkZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.L00h2vW85pGhyZ4ViuuDX6nOlC3tRF5qxkbUdxBQQic

20220407131650_1_by_pudgemountain_df3abqi-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjNhYnFpLTlkMTUzNzFkLWQxN2EtNDgxMC04MTgxLWU4ODdmNjI0MmNhNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.N4VF3iHEfranFUerBlrLnuPccJzrCq_b3zMXDd3itI8

Spoiler

JEB!!!!!!!

20220407131743_1_by_pudgemountain_df3abqe-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjNhYnFlLWQyYzViYTFhLTFmYjQtNGVjMi05ZjNmLWM3ZjQzZjg2M2E3Yy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.AYsJjz7g9C7ld_h3KAE1l6xpyJ_zLEfq4VKODWFvE4I