[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

42 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

The ERM is supposed to be flown by itself attached to an AARDV Tug, not with a manned Apollo.

Ah, I miss read the mission list then. :0.0:

I read: 

Spacelab 7

Launched: September, 1979

LV: Saturn 1C

Spacecraft: Apollo Block III

Second major instance of modular assembly, with the launch of the European Research Module, the major ESA contribution to the station. Ulf Merbold is first German ESA astronaut and first West German to fly to space.

I totally missed: 

AARDV-6

Launched: October, 1979

LV: Saturn 1C

Spacecraft: AARDV-6 (bus), European Research Module (payload)

Unmanned flight

Sixth flight of the AARDV vehicle, second use in role as bus for modular station components. European Research Module (ERM) fitted with adaptor in place of Aardvark pressurized logistics module. Module docked to Spacelab forward port by Spacelab 7 crew, bus detatched and allowed to destructively enter the atmosphere in December.

My bad lol

Turns out the Airlock was launched via tug as well, opss lol. 

Edited by GoldForest

37 minutes ago, kerbalboi said:

does anyone have a patch for bdb that makes it work with rss ro?

RO has support for a lot of BDB already built in. It does not have any of the Saturn rework stuff yet since that's still in development right now.

10 hours ago, Razgriz1 said:

It does not have any of the Saturn rework stuff yet since that's still in development right now.

Yeah and i think it will take a while until the new stuff is included there. The RO / RP-1 Dev-Teams are releasing new versions pretty slowly at the moment. That´s not meant as critique, but only as an information. I like that they try to work everything out right BEFORE they release anything. That´s something that´s common in the KSP Official-Dev-Team and the Mod-community. And i really really like that. And we all know where this has lead us now: Over a decade of active support by devs and the community and (as it looks) an upcomming sequel that´s developed with good financial and human resources from the start. I really really wish there would be more Game-Devs and Modding-Communitys with this attitude.

Edited by JoeSheridan

Launching the ISS and Freedom truss segments is going to be interesting... for one I can't use two craft on either side, on top of that, controlling them with RCS is going to require I weight down Aardvark heavily so the CoM is close to the RCS for controability... well, a problem for another day. 

Might just launch all the remaining truss segments using that super duper Saturn V with the 4 massive strap on boosters. Or deorbit the current S0 truss segment and launch the entire truss segment as a whole.

Also: @CobaltWolf and @Zorg Any plans for Little Joe II? If not, could I put in a request for it? Maybe in phase 2 if not for phase 1?

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Any plans for Little Joe II? If not, could I put in a request for it? Maybe in phase 2 if not for phase 1?

I sort of tried to build a LJ-II from the new boilerplate stuff:

luzbI2z.png

Fins and bottom cap (fairing base) come from KNES.

The main problem with LJ-II is Algol. While it is in BDB, its scale is wrong - 0.9375m (IRL its diameter was 1 m, so it should be 0.625m in KSP). Due to this, you can't fit six Algols into 2.5m boilerplate parts without their nozzles clipping into each other. LJ-II above uses Castor-4As.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Launching the ISS and Freedom truss segments is going to be interesting... for one I can't use two craft on either side, on top of that, controlling them with RCS is going to require I weight down Aardvark heavily so the CoM is close to the RCS for controability... well, a problem for another day. 

Might just launch all the remaining truss segments using that super duper Saturn V with the 4 massive strap on boosters. Or deorbit the current S0 truss segment and launch the entire truss segment as a whole.

Also: @CobaltWolf and @Zorg Any plans for Little Joe II? If not, could I put in a request for it? Maybe in phase 2 if not for phase 1?

GoldForrest,   When I built mine with rockets I put a small RCS only tug on the station side of the truss.   I got it lined up so all the main tug had to do was PUSH to dock, then unlocked the RCS tug and moved it a safe distance away.   After completing that I pushed the boom in, docked and then joined the RCS tug on the powered tug for a one craft de-orbit.  Will see if I can find photos and post

This image is from my most recent build utilizing Saturn Rockets.     It is the entire center section (everything except the solar wings) as a single unit...  RCS tug on the left, Main tug (LASS S-IVB) on the right.

6zg8Eih.jpg

Normally when I have built the station using Titan launches I do it in 3 sections,  Center, then the Heatsinks and the outer octagon as 3 separate sections.   I Utilize the same RCS tank (stock 1.875m Mono tank) with the same RCS as on the Tug (that is the most important part need the same number of RCS units of the same power and orientation(if possible) on both ends)

Edited by Pappystein

16 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

GoldForrest,   When I built mine with rockets I put a small RCS only tug on the station side of the truss.   I got it lined up so all the main tug had to do was PUSH to dock, then unlocked the RCS tug and moved it a safe distance away.   After completing that I pushed the boom in, docked and then joined the RCS tug on the powered tug for a one craft de-orbit.  Will see if I can find photos and post

This image is from my most recent build utilizing Saturn Rockets.     It is the entire center section (everything except the solar wings) as a single unit...  RCS tug on the left, Main tug (LASS S-IVB) on the right.

Normally when I have built the station using Titan launches I do it in 3 sections,  Center, then the Heatsinks and the outer octagon as 3 separate sections.   I Utilize the same RCS tank (stock 1.875m Mono tank) with the same RCS as on the Tug (that is the most important part need the same number of RCS units of the same power and orientation(if possible) on both ends)

Yeah, I thought about doing that too, but honestly, I'm thinking about doing a one truss launch, just so I can feature the big boi MLV-V-23(L) or Saturn V-D. (I'm hoping either one has the power to launch the entire truss segment... playing 2.5x scale.)

Edited by GoldForest

55 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Maiden launch of the Odyssey flyback booster, launching an S-IVB as its second stage as per this MDAC/Martin Marietta design
shuttle-box-x1-15_0008.png
dj33mUq.png6AUFOWL.pngOO4huvE.png

As not to clutter this thread with unrelated stuff, more pics and details here 

Wait a minute… with a fairing that large the LUT’s crane couldn’t even rotate around to stack the vehicle in the first place!

4 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Wait a minute… with a fairing that large the LUT’s crane couldn’t even rotate around to stack the vehicle in the first place!

The crane wasn't used for any stacking operations, but used to haul stuff up to the deck of the launch base (and maybe the tower levels). One time though a cracked fin on Saturn IB Skylab crew launch was replaced with the crane.

The red portion of the crane boom had a 5 ton load limit, the yellow portion had the full 20 (oe 25?) ton limit.

15 hours ago, Beccab said:

Maiden launch of the Odyssey flyback booster, launching an S-IVB as its second stage as per this MDAC/Martin Marietta design
shuttle-box-x1-15_0008.png
6AUFOWL.png

As not to clutter this thread with unrelated stuff, more pics and details here 

Love concept rockets like this. I wish there was a site that had every concept ever conceived, but that's high hopes since most concepts are napkin drawings lost to time I would think. 

Also, are you sure the boosters are used during launch and not to push the S-IVB away from the shuttle safely, as well as to allow to J-2 start?

21 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Love concept rockets like this. I wish there was a site that had every concept ever conceived, but that's high hopes since most concepts are napkin drawings lost to time I would think. 

Also, are you sure the boosters are used during launch and not to push the S-IVB away from the shuttle safely, as well as to allow to J-2 start?

unknown.pngNope! They are shown here in this other scheme as Poseidon SRM and acting as boost assist, which I presume means they were to be turned on at liftoff

32 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Nope! They are shown here in this other scheme as Poseidon SRM and acting as boost assist, which I presume means they were to be turned on at liftoff

Well, it says that the J-2 engine will perform 2 burns, Boost and Circularization. And if the Poseidons are "Boost assist" I would take that as the Posidens fire at S-IVB separation to help the S-IVB and not the shuttle. 

14 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Well, it says that the J-2 engine will perform 2 burns, Boost and Circularization. And if the Poseidons are "Boost assist" I would take that as the Posidens fire at S-IVB separation to help the S-IVB and not the shuttle. 

Hmmm, interesting. I'm not sure then

12 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Hmmm, interesting. I'm not sure then

Try flying it without Posiden boost at launch. If it's unstable, then we'll know that it was needed for launch. If it is stable, then we can safely assume it was for S-IVB boost phase. 

And yes, KSP isn't an accurate representation of real-world craft, but it will give us some incite nonetheless I feel. 

Edited by GoldForest

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.10.0 "Луна"

U7nsIzU.png
(Click image to see update album)

DOWNLOAD
WARNING: THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK EXISTING SAVES AND CRAFT FILES
GITHUB  |  SPACEDOCK

Changelog:
v1.10.0

New Content and features

- BIG REVAMP OF SATURN, APOLLO & SKYLAB!!

CPKu1xz.png

Apollo

- New Apollo capsule with multiple variants including Skylab and Boilerplate variants
- Official PBR support for Apollo capsule via Textures Unlimited with custom PBR textures (Thanks to Truthful Gnome)
- New block II SM with realistic SIM-bay and alternate bay interiors
- Apollo CM terrestrial landing heatshield with legs and retro motors
- New SIM-bay experiments and revamped sub satellite
- New LM with independent legs and silver MLI variant
- New LM and CSM engines
- 16 new surface experiment parts based on the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment Package (ALSEP). Requires Breaking Ground DLC.
- Multiple R4D rcs variant blocks
- LM MESA experiment, goo experiment based on RTG cask, and cosmic ray detector
- Revamped ETS advanced Apollo service modules and mission modules
- revamped AARDVARK block I and block II, plus unpressurised segment.
- new accurate CADS docking port in passive and active models (1.25m)
- Apollo Boilerplate CM and SM
- New Apollo SM Doppler Antenna (used on ASTP mission)

nQBRqwg.png

Saturn

- All new Saturn V at correct real world to KSP scale ( S1C and SII now 6.25m, SIVB 4.25m).
- Multiple variant lengths for S1C including various stretches for MLV as well as common bulkhead variant.
- Variants for S1C engine mount
- Multiple mounting truss options for the SLA. Wide SLA variant with straight walls for larger payloads
- Multiple variant lengths, 5x and 7x engine mount variants for SII.
- SII to 3.75m Generic mount and dedicated 3.75m M1 engine mount.
- Multiple variant lengths, SOFI texture variant and LASS mount option for the S4B
- Variants for Saturn V engine mount
- S1D Atlas style half staging mount and vernier engine
- New inline and radial AJ260 solid rocket motor in multiple length variants
- Revamped and resized Saturn I (first stage 4.25m, S4 3.75m) with multiple length switches
- 6.25m (MLV) and 4.25m (Skylab style), and 3.75m SAF fairings.
- 2.5m Saturn I fairing variant
- Truss adapter for AARDV and Centaur
- New E-1 engine
- New sustainer variant for the F1
- New H2 variant (subtype on the H1)

Xmm7yjn.png

Skylab

- All new historical Skylab with Breaking Ground based robotics truss for the ATM
- Jettisonable shielding for the orbital workshop with custom PBR texture support via Textures Unlimited for the bare workshop
- Skylab external experiments
- New wet workshop model
- New Venus flyby wet workshop with expanded shielding and 12x solar panels
- New Venus flyby mission module with unpressurised cargo bay, experiments and reentry probes.
- New ETS Spacelab parts
- Aft MDA based on EOSS proposals for expanding Skylab derived from the back

9Qwai0g.png

Gemini

- parts for Big Gemini conical service module (4.25m S4B diameter)
- Abort tower for Big Gemini

Other

- New Saturn I-based Pegasus micrometeorite satellite
- Replaced old APAS (0.9375m) with new model by Benjee10. Compatible without conflict with Benjees own mods (Habtech, SOCK etc)
- Apollo Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) docking adapter and experiment
- APAS 75 docking port from ASTP. Compatible with corresponding Soyuz base counterpart being added to Tantares.
- New Agena Horizon Sensor part (definitely apollo related)

Uc25qDL.png

Updates and Enhancements

- Update bundled Waterfall to 0.8.1
- Some solar panel EC output balancing
- Minor science balancing
- New Agena Avionics Unit 'split' paint variant
- DCSS 2.5m Fairing Base paint variants (white, black, and gray)

Bug fixes

- Fix more typos
- Minor tag fixes
- Fix Delta IV engine shroud texture

ltacVH4.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

U7nsIzU.png

DOWNLOAD
GITHUB  |  SPACEDOCK (still uploading right now)

Changelog:
v1.10.0

New Content and features

CPKu1xz.png

Apollo

- New Apollo capsule with multiple variants including Skylab and Boilerplate variants
- Official PBR support for Apollo capsule via Textures Unlimited with custom PBR textures (Thanks to Truthful Gnome)
- New LM and CSM engines
- 16 new surface experiment parts based on the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment Package (ALSEP). Requires Breaking Ground DLC.

nQBRqwg.png

Saturn

- All new Saturn V at correct real world to KSP scale ( S1C and SII now 6.25m, SIVB 4.25m).
- Multiple variant lengths for S1C including various stretches for MLV as well as common bulkhead variant.
- Multiple mounting truss options for the SLA. Wide SLA variant with straight walls for larger payloads
- Multiple variant lengths, SOFI texture variant and LASS mount option for the S4B
- Revamped and resized Saturn I (first stage 4.25m, S4 3.75m) with multiple length switches
- New E-1 engine

Xmm7yjn.png

Skylab

- All new historical Skylab with Breaking Ground based robotics truss for the ATM
- Jettisonable shielding for the orbital workshop with custom PBR texture support via Textures Unlimited for the bare workshop
- New wet workshop model
- New Venus flyby mission module with unpressurised cargo bay, experiments and reentry probes.
- New ETS Spacelab parts

9Qwai0g.png

Gemini

Other

- Replaced old APAS (0.9375m) with new model by Benjee10. Compatible without conflict with Benjees own mods (Habtech, SOCK etc)
- APAS 75 docking port from ASTP. Compatible with corresponding Soyuz base counterpart being added to Tantares.

Uc25qDL.png

Updates and Enhancements

Bug fixes

- Fix more typos
- Minor tag fixes

ltacVH4.png

It is UP!

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

A BIIIIIG Thank you to the whole team behind this great mod. Thank your for those many many hundreds of hours you invest into this. I love those new vehicles

Edited by JoeSheridan

15 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

U7nsIzU.png

DOWNLOAD
GITHUB  |  SPACEDOCK (still uploading right now)

Changelog:
v1.10.0

New Content and features

CPKu1xz.png

Apollo

- New LM and CSM engines

nQBRqwg.png

Saturn

- New E-1 engine

Xmm7yjn.png

Skylab

- New wet workshop model
- New ETS Spacelab parts

9Qwai0g.png

Gemini

Other

Uc25qDL.png

Updates and Enhancements

Bug fixes

- Fix more typos
- Minor tag fixes

ltacVH4.png

AMAZING!

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

U7nsIzU.png

DOWNLOAD
GITHUB  |  SPACEDOCK

Changelog:
v1.10.0

New Content and features

CPKu1xz.png

Apollo

- New LM and CSM engines

nQBRqwg.png

Saturn

- New E-1 engine

Xmm7yjn.png

Skylab

- New wet workshop model
- New ETS Spacelab parts

9Qwai0g.png

Gemini

Other

Uc25qDL.png

Updates and Enhancements

Bug fixes

- Fix more typos
- Minor tag fixes

ltacVH4.png

Full release?