[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

23 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think that's just how the deploy limit works. It starts from the end of the animation for some reason

23 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Ah, so no way to fix it? Alright. 

Edit: Wait, it doesn't do that for cargo plane ramps. At 0 they're closed. At 100 they're open. 

Yes, for the deploy limit slider to function the way it's supposed to, the animation has to start at the end. Think of the stock cargo bay doors or the cargo ramp. It's also why the crew elevator cars in Modular Launch Pads start at the highest point, and the adjustable length swing arms and umbilicals and such start at the maximum length (or deploy).

I did get a deploy limit slider to work for some of the crew access arms without remaking the animations  by reversing the three "true/false" values in the  animation module for the deploy limit. Not sure if that will work for the solar panels in question.

13 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

Thor-Burner, The most underappreciated member of the Thor Family

Kerbal_Space_Program_Screenshot_2022.04.

Props for using the compact variant of the Thor-Delta Launch Stand, which was based on images I saw of Thors launched from Vandenberg (I think).  The big ring was only used at the Capes' LC-17 for the original Thor-Ables and Deltas. Once the Castors were being added, the ring was removed and only the hold-down posts were left, which were made taller to accomodate the Castors' exhaust. LC-17 evolved over the years to where in Delta II times, the hold-down arms were embedded in the concrete pad itself. It's why I couldn't find pictures of the Delta II launch mount at the Cape--it wasn't visible!. That's why I used the Vandenberg Delta II launch mount for the Delta II variant of the Thor-Delta Launch Stand, at least what I saw in one image. :) 

58 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

Removed Magpie's Mods, still getting the Z-fighting issue with BDBNIC + Bella_TU:

ie7qXdG.png

Clone the master branch (by clicking on the green code button and selecting download zip and dragging the Bella_TU folder inside the gamedata folder into your gamedata folder), do not go to releases and download the latest, that one is hopelessly out of date.

Made a lot of progress with Centaur II/III... at this point all I need to do is the interstages and the Atlas II roll thruster.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Spoiler

Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
(The Centaur III single engine mount has a toggleable aft subsatellite carrier platform as seen above)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Props for using the compact variant of the Thor-Delta Launch Stand, which was based on images I saw of Thors launched from Vandenberg (I think).  The big ring was only used at the Capes' LC-17 for the original Thor-Ables and Deltas. Once the Castors were being added, the ring was removed and only the hold-down posts were left, which were made taller to accomodate the Castors' exhaust. LC-17 evolved over the years to where in Delta II times, the hold-down arms were embedded in the concrete pad itself. It's why I couldn't find pictures of the Delta II launch mount at the Cape--it wasn't visible!. That's why I used the Vandenberg Delta II launch mount for the Delta II variant of the Thor-Delta Launch Stand, at least what I saw in one image. :) 

I didn't know it was for Vandenberg, I based it off this picimages_6.jpeg

26 minutes ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

I didn't know it was for Vandenberg, I based it off this pic

Ah, that!  Yeah, that's how the original Thor IRBM was launched (or would have been), via an erector that lifted the missile out of a horizontal storage box.

And looks like the hold-down posts-only method wasn't just used at Vandy:

delta34.jpg

21 minutes ago, Beccab said:

McDonnell Douglas Phase-B fully reusable Shuttle

F7Ih6Zr.pngA1ZO6Xv.pngI3fC8r5.png
hTkWoGJ.png

More details and pics here:

What did you make this Orbiter out of? I think I can tell how some stuff was done, but there again if this is a straight up mod I'd love to know what its name is lmao. 

26 minutes ago, G'th said:

What did you make this Orbiter out of? I think I can tell how some stuff was done, but there again if this is a straight up mod I'd love to know what its name is lmao. 

Going off my memory, from top to bottom:

- the front of the nose is the Delta IV H nosecone, with conformal decals for the heat shield and F9 fairing-like metallic tip

- the back of the nose is the BDB Saturn 1 upper stage, due to its very nice beveled angle that I couldn't find in any other part (also on the nose there are the NFLV aerodynamic RCS, with Gemini engines clipped inside since they have a shorter nozzle which avoids having the NFLV RCS clash visually)

- the cockpit window is from Benjee's Coriolis cockpit carefully clipped inside the two previous parts (see below)

screenshot196.jpg

- the frontal fuel tank is a tweakscaled Herakles tank, with restock parts on the bottom

- the cargo bay is made of NF parts, plus Planetside structural plates inside with Restock trusses and Agena side attached fuel tanks

- antenna is from Benjee's ISS mod I somehow forgot the name of

- wings/winglets are a mix of OPT, X-33 and BDB for the tanks

- again NFLV RCS with Gemini engines, as well as a tweakscaled Titan adapter with the Herakles first stage engine mount inside and four slim SSME from that SSME variants mod

- Big G service module in the cargo bay for visuals and act as the airlock

- finally, landing gear from both stock and SOCK

Edit: oh, and of course conformal decals all over everything for the text, flags and heat shield

Edited by Beccab

7 minutes ago, Beccab said:

- the front of the nose is the Delta IV H nosecone, with conformal decals for the heat shield and F9 fairing-like metallic tip

- the back of the nose is the BDB Saturn 1 upper stage, due to its very nice beveled angle that I couldn't find in any other part (also on the nose there are the NFLV aerodynamic RCS, with Gemini engines clipped inside since they have a shorter nozzle which avoids having the NFLV RCS clash visually)

- the cockpit window is from Benjee's Coriolis cockpit carefully clipped inside the two previous parts (see below)

screenshot196.jpg

- the frontal fuel tank is a tweakscaled Herakles tank, with restock parts on the bottom

- the cargo bay is made of NF parts, plus Planetside structural plates inside with Restock trusses and Agena side attached fuel tanks

- again NFLV RCS with Gemini engines, as well as a tweakscaled Titan adapter with the Herakles first stage engine mount inside and four slim SSME from that SSME variants mod

Edit: oh, and of course conformal decals all over everything for the text, flags and heat shield

See that cockpit was what was throwing me off, as I could tell it was clipped in but I had no idea what mod it was from. 

And given how incredibly clean the entire thing is I was doubting if it wasn't a fully bespoke mod rather than a kitbash. 

Impressive stuff for sure.

19 minutes ago, Beccab said:

screenshot196.jpg

The kitbashing god got us blessed, they look so polished for a build

Nearly forgot to post, more progress with Centaur!

The interstage switch is done:

Capture.PNG

And also I have started to model the Atlas II hydrazine roll thruster:

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

I'm thinking that once I finish the roll thruster, I'd have enough to start getting this stuff in game. But that would also mean there would be a period where Centaur II/III will be finished before Atlas V is (along with the 400x adapter). But that stuff is next on the list after Centaur.

5 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Nearly forgot to post, more progress with Centaur!

The interstage switch is done:

Capture.PNG

And also I have started to model the Atlas II hydrazine roll thruster:

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

I'm thinking that once I finish the roll thruster, I'd have enough to start getting this stuff in game. But that would also mean there would be a period where Centaur II/III will be finished before Atlas V is (along with the 400x adapter). But that stuff is next on the list after Centaur.

would it be possible that the new RD-180 could be based on Estreet's RD-190 model? for contiunity?