[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Nearly forgot to post, more progress with Centaur!

Thank you :) I like it :D

And while we are already speaking about centaur:  @Friznit I looked into the ETS-Centaur E-Thing and, based on the fuel weight written down in the ETS-wiki, the closest drop in we can get in BDB would be a Centaur III / Common Centaur with two RL-10-A3´s, later A-4´s or possibly even A-4-N´s for the Saturn Multibody after the IIP-Upgrade (not absolutely shure about the last upgrade and i don´t have the time to take a look in the last ETS-Part for verification).

58 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@CobaltWolf, @Invaderchaos, I know there is a lot of work underway on Atlas V, but do you still have plans for a revamp of the other Atlas parts? I think they look pretty good now, but I have found some minor tweaks and additions that could be made. 

Thanks!

Its planned. Im hoping to get started on it during this dev cycle

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/974

3 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if that branch was still active or not.

its just an issue not tied to any branch. It was always planned for after the initial Saturn/Apollo/Skylab revamp

Edited by Zorg

Pictures of my first Manned Mission to the Moon just a flyby ala Apollo 8.

Sadly during the encounter with the Moon my game crashed and when I restarted my RCS thrusters were gone probably destroyed by the Kraken and my Kerbal's suits reset so no pictures of Bill on EVA.

20220501193106_1_by_pudgemountain_df4p2kv-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRwMmt2LWFlZjRiYWY2LTEyNTgtNDlkYS05YzljLWYxYjdhNDZkMTIyYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.sH0Vt4zFCcWpQbx87Cc2OmGw26FiU3FHCgiW243M8qU

20220501193221_1_by_pudgemountain_df4p2kt-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRwMmt0LTJkOTAzMWNiLTRhODAtNDc2MS1iNDJiLTk3ZDgyMmRlNTk2OS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.hgnsnSIqHBp2TWaI824XPjQm5fAwmeJO7f_7Ft_MS_o

20220501193316_1_by_pudgemountain_df4p2kq-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRwMmtxLTdkZjgyYzMzLTU5NzAtNGIwMi1iMmQzLTljYmM0NWQ4MjIwZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.lAmo5MzDNAw0_7grLa3cMI4VNn3swYgA-PAwcE-ink0

"...And The Great Kerman said "LET THERE BE SNACKS"

20220501193326_1_by_pudgemountain_df4p2kl-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRwMmtsLWE1MDVhMDkwLThiNWYtNGE0ZC04NDMyLTI3Mjc0NTNmM2M5OC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.tYdLEt9RBAwziTVgUBofcHMQHBCMgcntlwIErkJr2II

Spoiler

Bonus picture of a funny science result being a nod to Space Oddity.

20220501193058_1_by_pudgemountain_df4p2ky-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRwMmt5LTdhM2E0NmJhLTlmNTEtNDcxYy1hZjZiLTlhNWU0YjI0YWYyMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.ZUUEUf513iHQLFowbCIESuWpm4Xk5BBRAbWmcITgAfs

Edited by Pudgemountain
Spelling mistake.

20 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@CobaltWolf looks like the cradle for the LM whip antenna is untextured. Not a big deal.

Y'know, I noticed that the other day when I was working on the LM variants? I was trying to figure out if I'd meant to just remove the mesh from the part or what. I'll try and make sure to fix it.

Decided to kitbash an idea I've been thinking about for a few days, for now I'm calling it International Skylab. I might learn modding so I can make an accurate S-II with deployable doors, as an addon mod for BDB maybe.
unknown.pngunknown.png

32 minutes ago, JustDark said:

Decided to kitbash an idea I've been thinking about for a few days, for now I'm calling it International Skylab. I might learn modding so I can make an accurate S-II with deployable doors, as an addon mod for BDB maybe.
unknown.pngunknown.png

If you learn how to mod, could you please make a patch for BDB that makes the ETS Apollo antennas and solar panels node-attachable?

18 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

If you learn how to mod, could you please make a patch for BDB that makes the ETS Apollo antennas and solar panels node-attachable?

Not sure about the main version but in the dev version they attach to nodes in the block v mount.

5 minutes ago, 1124max said:

Not sure about the main version but in the dev version they attach to nodes in the block v mount.

No, the mount is fine, the antennas and solar panels can't be attached to nodes on the mount. It's just a pain trying to align them perfectly, the surface attach on the underside of the mount is strange and it triggers my OCD trying to align them perfectly.

A House Warming Gift - STS-9B

YZ84T3E.jpghiysBid.jpgZRHK6bq.jpg

These are a couple screenshots from a Space Shuttle Mission depicting the delivery of the Skylab Nodal Module, based off of the planned Shuttle Based Skylab revitalization plans using the wonderful new Skylab Parts!  You can see the mission in its entirety here: 

Thank you for these wonderful parts! The mission wouldn't have been nearly as good without these beautiful models.

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

No, the mount is fine, the antennas and solar panels can't be attached to nodes on the mount. It's just a pain trying to align them perfectly, the surface attach on the underside of the mount is strange and it triggers my OCD trying to align them perfectly.

Yes, and in the dev version they snap to the nodes specifically made for them on the Block V mount (or any of the nodes on the variations of the Apollo engine mount that have attachment nodes).

Edited by Jcking

4 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

They already are node attachable in both the latest update and the 1.11 dev branch.

8 hours ago, JustDark said:

unknown.pngunknown.png

How can you put that thing into the orbit?

11 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

10 hours ago, Jcking said:

Yes, and in the dev version they snap to the nodes specifically made for them on the Block V mount (or any of the nodes on the variations of the Apollo engine mount that have attachment nodes).

Not just dev but in the master and release as well.  This was added several weeks before release and I've verified that its working today even.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Not just dev but in the master and release as well.  This was added several weeks before release and I've verified that its working today even.

Oh, cool, my bad. I haven't been able to play KSP for a few months so I was unaware.

6 hours ago, derega16 said:

How can you put that thing into the orbit?

The secret ingredient is cheats (:

In reality it would be similar to a wetlab: the S-II stage would be filled with propellant and get the station into an orbit, then any excess fuel is dumped and the doors can now be opened

H5SaLwA.png

AEGmyML.png

1UHm4Ej.png

xVeMmPI.png

jO7E2nt.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

After ten launches and three days, I have done it... I have put Skylab on the Mun! Yes! The rocket can make it to the Mun! Yes! It can land on the Mun and be stable enough to stand by itself! Yes! I had a few problems!... but I'm proud of the result. Oh, and yeah, had trouble landing Skylab on the Mun, but thankfully the only damage was the two RL-10 engines.

Oh, and this on 2.5x scale!

Bonus image: @AlphaMensae Your tower got some air time... seems you put springs inside the legs. And it got major air time, like 50 to 100 meters give or take!

3dWujnZ.png

Edited by GoldForest

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

4 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Oh, cool, my bad. I haven't been able to play KSP for a few months so I was unaware.

Oh you got me all worried for nothing haha. I saw your post and was like "I thought I specifically fixed that the day before release for that user!"

Had me looking through the configs last night for what I missed, I thought I'd forgotten to mark the antennas+solar panels as node attachable. Glad you just hadn't seen the updated version :D